Confirmed Trade: [DAL/NYR] Zuccarello (30% retained) for 2nd (Cond 1st if DAL makes WCF), 3rd (Cond 1st if re-signs)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So now that he is injured if Dal misses playoffs
They waste a third and a second
and NYR gain just a 2nd and a 3rd
lose-lose at its best.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
b47.jpg

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
So now that he is injured if Dal misses playoffs
They waste a third and a second
and NYR gain just a 2nd and a 3rd
lose-lose at its best.
Dallas could resign him despite the injury and the Rangers get a 2nd and a 1st

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Dallas should trade him to a team like Calgary that's a shoe in for the playoffs and doesn't need him until he's healed.

nazzy_012

Nov 22, 2006
Looks an awful lot like when beagle broke his arm earlier this year, was closer to 8 weeks with the surgery if I recall correctly

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Looks an awful lot like when beagle broke his arm earlier this year, was closer to 8 weeks with the surgery if I recall correctly

I'm not expecting him back before the end of the regular season.

I hope I'm wrong.

I also hope that Dallas' GM makes a few more moves tomorrow to cover up for this avalanche of bad luck, and that if/when Zucc comes back to play with the Stars it'll be in the playoffs.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'd hope that Janmark + Honka + Hawel/Tufte/mid-tier prospect could be enough for Nyquist. Who knows, though, that could get beaten easily by a desperate team.

I feel like we could also get Brassard for Honka + 4th. He should be cheap, and Florida needs all the help on defense they can. Montgomery has made it clear that Honka will never play another game for the Stars barring significant injuries.

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015
The guy is out for 4 weeks after yesterday’s game. Yikes! Hopefully they make he playoff!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I would think it's the other way around as a UFA he want to prove that he's fine by returning ASAP, and not hurt his value.

It's (most likely) a broken arm, though....you can only recover so quickly and I'm pretty sure he's no Superman.

Teams already know what he brings to the table, so if he's done for the year I don't think it'll hit his value all that hard if at all.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like this trade from Gorton. Swing for the fences. Why not? Its a bad team. Getting an extra 2nd isn't the difference between making the team a Cup Contender or not.

If the Rangers somehow get an extra first, its a terrific return. If not, its a small underpayment. Neither condition is all that likely, but if either condition is met, it ends up helping the team out a lot.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Trust this isn't anything, but CapFriendly has not factored this trade. NYR shows Zuc still on the roster.

Presumably, trade is 111% official, no reason for it not to be posted there.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
"He was already broken when I took him out of the box. I want a refund" - Dallas probably.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Trust this isn't anything, but CapFriendly has not factored this trade. NYR shows Zuc still on the roster.

Presumably, trade is 111% official, no reason for it not to be posted there.

Just salary retention, as mentioned earlier. He's already played in a game for Dallas so it's done like dinner. :laugh:

I was actually just thinking it wouldn't surprise me if Jim Nill re-signed him before the season ends. Call it a goodwill gesture, or a commitment to make Zucc a big part of the team going forward.

Sure it'd cost Dallas their first in 2020 but that's fine by me. Zucc showed enough in 40 minutes to tell me he'd be worth the investment.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Dallas should trade him to a team like Calgary that's a shoe in for the playoffs and doesn't need him until he's healed.
Wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs, hence the trade deadline acquisition.

Best case scenario, trade his rights to another team to get a headstart on re-signing him... that's about it.

Reactions: 405Exit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad