Confirmed Trade: [DAL/NYR] Zuccarello (30% retained) for 2nd (Cond 1st if DAL makes WCF), 3rd (Cond 1st if re-signs)

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs, hence the trade deadline acquisition.

Best case scenario, trade his rights to another team to get a headstart on re-signing him... that's about it.

They... Could have... Traded him... Between Saturday... And Monday

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
...He's not listed there.

okay.
confirmation at your end made me realize I needed a refresh.
I have that as an active open tab via google/chrome and I have a dif one for other teams that I change regularly as needed

once I selected the link and pressed enter, it refreshed
it is now current
thank you

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yea, with a time machine, I guess they could have.

But then again, with a time machine, you'd probably wanna go back and not do the trade at all.

:facepalm:

Zucarello gets traded on Sunday

Zucarello breaks his arm on Sunday

Star trade Zucarello to Flames between Sunday and 3PM Monday

The only thing we need a time machine for is to go back and get rid of Common Core so I don't have to explain this to everybody

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Are you implying that Zucc would clear waivers, or are you just being a know it all?

He wouldn't have to clear waivers. I'm simply telling you, you going after that other poster made you look dumb. Teams can freely trade after the trade deadline. Would it happen with Zucc? It would be unfathomable, but trying to say it's impossible for him to be dealt now is not true.

Reactions: Ori

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
:facepalm:

Zucarello gets traded on Sunday

Zucarello breaks his arm on Sunday

Star trade Zucarello to Flames between Sunday and 3PM Monday

The only thing we need a time machine for is to go back and get rid of Common Core so I don't have to explain this to everybody
It's Wednesday last I checked.

I get your point, not sure you need to "explain" it, but you are talking about it like they can still do anything about now, on Wednesday 2 days afterwards.

Could have, should have, would have. But they didn't.

EDIT: I now see your original post was from Sunday, sorry about that, but yea, too late at this point. It's all moot now on Wednesday.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What’s the condition on Zucc playing more than 1 game in Dallas?

Regardless of whether or not he returns, if Dallas doesn't make it to the semifinals the Rangers get a 3rd in this year's draft.

If Dallas DOES make it to the semifinals, miraculously, then Zucc has to have played in half of those playoff games for the Rangers to upgrade that 3rd to a 1st.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Regardless of whether or not he returns, if Dallas doesn't make it to the semifinals the Rangers get a 3rd in this year's draft.

If Dallas DOES make it to the semifinals, miraculously, then Zucc has to have played in half of those playoff games for the Rangers to upgrade that 3rd to a 1st.
I thought it was Rangers get 2019 2nd, could become 1st if Dallas makes WCF, and Zucc plays in 50 percent of the Stars playoff games.
The 2020 3rd becomes a 1st if Dallas re-signs Zucc.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Just salary retention, as mentioned earlier. He's already played in a game for Dallas so it's done like dinner. :laugh:

I was actually just thinking it wouldn't surprise me if Jim Nill re-signed him before the season ends. Call it a goodwill gesture, or a commitment to make Zucc a big part of the team going forward.

Sure it'd cost Dallas their first in 2020 but that's fine by me. Zucc showed enough in 40 minutes to tell me he'd be worth the investment.

https://www.tsn.ca/stars-putting-off-negotiations-with-zuccarello-1.1272541

The pending free agent, who carries a $4.5 million cap hit this season, is expected to return ahead of the playoffs and Stars general manager Jim Nill said he'll wait to see how the trade deadline acquisition preforms in the postseason before opening contract talks.
"We'll wait until the season's over," Nill told the Dallas Morning News on Tuesday. "Right now, I'm in no rush with any contracts. I want to see how the team finishes, see what the player is. That stuff really kind of happens after the playoffs."

Ah, fiddlesticks.

So much for that. :laugh:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Still curious on that condition for resigning with Dallas. They say it will be a first if he resigns in the offseason. But is there some time expiry on that? As in, up to and including july the first?

Or has the Rangers managed to upgrade to a first for UFA Zuccarello signing with Dallas july 2nd, for that matter?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Still curious on that condition for resigning with Dallas. They say it will be a first if he resigns in the offseason. But is there some time expiry on that? As in, up to and including july the first?

Or has the Rangers managed to upgrade to a first for UFA Zuccarello signing with Dallas july 2nd, for that matter?

Considering it’s 2020, I would imagine there isn’t any window.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Never understood why some bashed the trade, maybe, maybe the value was 2 2nds but Gorton took a couple of gambles that could pay off into an overpay. Dallas fans have pleasantly found out what NYR already knew about Zuc. I think that Dal will suck it up and resign him to keep a bonafide 2nd line going into next season, plus the fit, his personality, etc.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Never understood why some bashed the trade, maybe, maybe the value was 2 2nds but Gorton took a couple of gambles that could pay off into an overpay. Dallas fans have pleasantly found out what NYR already knew about Zuc. I think that Dal will suck it up and resign him to keep a bonafide 2nd line going into next season, plus the fit, his personality, etc.

Keeping a UFA because he's a fan favourite is a terrible way to do business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad