Confirmed Trade: [DAL/NYR] Zuccarello (30% retained) for 2nd (Cond 1st if DAL makes WCF), 3rd (Cond 1st if re-signs)

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Yeah.
Those 2 games he played for them really changed the whole team dynamic...:laugh:

...what?

EDIT: Alright, I don’t wanna be a jerk, so I’ll explain. Zucc’s arrival, along with Hintz turning into a dude (and to a lesser extent Dickinson) changed the dynamic of this team’s offense from being just three good players and a bunch of spares to an actual deep offense. I believe I saw they had the 3rd most depth scoring in the playoffs. That’s the sort of thing that takes you from a first round exit to a legit contender.

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
yeah he really changed the whole team dynamic...:laugh:

Funny you laugh, because that's literally what happened...he and the emergence of Hintz have given Dallas an actual 2nd line, something they haven't had in a long time. They've been just as good if not better than the Seguin-Benn-Radulov line for stretches. 4G 7 points for Hintz, 3G 6P for Zucc. If not for that, Dallas could be out right now.

You should tune in and see for yourself now that the Jets are deep into golf season

Plus, plus, he’s become buds with Klinger and the coach called him Magic Freakin Johnson. Smells like a resign to me.

hate to be that guy but... re-sign*

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Funny you laugh, because that's literally what happened...he and the emergence of Hintz have given Dallas an actual 2nd line, something they haven't had in a long time. They've been just as good if not better than the Seguin-Benn-Radulov line for stretches. 4G 7 points for Hintz, 3G 6P for Zucc. If not for that, Dallas could be out right now.

You should tune in and see for yourself now that the Jets are deep into golf season
Hey!!!
Golf is an underrated sport! :sarcasm: :laugh:

Seriously though, I get his acquisition gives the team more options and all but as he has only played the 2 games. I just find it funny everyone talking like he’s taken the team from bottom feeder to cup champs.
I think this deal is a yet to be seen situation. His fluke injury and sidelining so early after the trade keeps everything up i the air.
At least that’s how I see it.

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
Hey!!!

Seriously though, I get his acquisition gives the team more options and all but as he has only played the 2 games. I just find it funny everyone talking like he’s taken the team from bottom feeder to cup champs.
I think this deal is a yet to be seen situation. His fluke injury and sidelining so early after the trade keeps everything up i the air.

He's played 10 games, not 2 games. No one is saying he's took them from lotto to cup. Dallas had the big horses in place already in Benn, Seguin, Klingberg, Radulov. They needed depth.

Hintz and Zuccarello have given them an actual 2nd line. Zucc is a guy who's scored 50-60 points in this league a bunch of times, he's a good player, he can help change a team.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
He's played 10 games, not 2 games. No one is saying he's took them from lotto to cup. Dallas had the big horses in place already in Benn, Seguin, Klingberg, Radulov. They needed depth.

Hintz and Zuccarello have given them an actual 2nd line. Zucc is a guy who's scored 50-60 points in this league a bunch of times, he's a good player, he can help change a team.
Hope it works out for the stars.
Good teams means good hockey

Reactions: Golden Puppers

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Not even close to surprised with what I've seen from Zucc. He's the prototypical perfect 2nd line player for a contending team. He's amazing 5 on 5 and has elite vision to find guys. No doubt in my mind that Hintz is doing what he's doing mainly because of Zucc

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Hey!!!

He's been playing in the playoffs. What are you on about?

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Never understood why some bashed the trade, maybe, maybe the value was 2 2nds but Gorton took a couple of gambles that could pay off into an overpay. Dallas fans have pleasantly found out what NYR already knew about Zuc. I think that Dal will suck it up and resign him to keep a bonafide 2nd line going into next season, plus the fit, his personality, etc.

I felt the value was supposed to be 1st rounder + prospect.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Not even close to surprised with what I've seen from Zucc. He's the prototypical perfect 2nd line player for a contending team. He's amazing 5 on 5 and has elite vision to find guys. No doubt in my mind that Hintz is doing what he's doing mainly because of Zucc

No knock on Hintz who's been a big part of the stars playoff run so far, but this is what Zucc has done his whole career. Whoever he plays with, whatever line he is on, he elevates it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I felt the value was supposed to be 1st rounder + prospect.

The feeling at the deadline seemed to be that there was a guaranteed first on the table somewhere, but Gorton took the deal with a shot at 2 firsts, feeling confident at least one of the conditions would be met.

We will see if the gamble paid off.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
And the Rangers look like they might get that first round pick out of this . . . not bad for them

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
That sentiment was born from a few wishful thinkers before the market started to establish itself, there were only a few 1sts available.....before market I was thinking a 2nd and B+ prospect, we got roughly the equivalent and maybe more to come.
This years draft outside of the top couple is meh and same with next year so giving up that for Zucc who could sign an extension is not bad for us at all.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No knock on Hintz who's been a big part of the stars playoff run so far, but this is what Zucc has done his whole career. Whoever he plays with, whatever line he is on, he elevates it.

Hintz started playing like this and producing while Zuccarello was injured. Hintz, believe it or not, is actually a really good player lol. Zucc just adds/builds upon that and enhances it which makes for a consistent 2nd line so far in Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad