Dahlin vs Heiskanen

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
Dahlin = Tyler Myers 2.0 - The only difference between the two is Myers actually won the Calder :popcorn:

If Dahlin wants to improve then i feel he needs to get out of Buffalo or he will go the way of Myers, Ristolainen and Guhle. Their track record of developing young D men is not helping them.

I gave you a thumbs up for that last part. Also starting to wonder if Buffalo is a good team for defenders to reach their full potential..

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I gave you a thumbs up for that last part. Also starting to wonder if Buffalo is a good team for defenders to reach their full potential..

They need to give the kid some PK time. Buffalo doesn't have a great PK anyway, and it may get him doing better on the defensive side of play. He already has a good foundation to build on, so why not give it a shot?

Reactions: Mortiz

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
The Noah Dobson who's played 6 games? Come on, at least try.

Also, Dobson just got benched.

Okay lets do Heiskanen from the first 9 games of this season. Zero regular wins, ZERO.

That Heiskanen guy must be terrible compared to the Heiskanen with 12 regular wins. Ooooor, it's a team stat that says nothing of any individual player.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Okay lets do Heiskanen from the first 9 games of this season. Zero regular wins, ZERO.

That Heiskanen guy must be terrible compared to the Heiskanen with 12 regular wins. Ooooor, it's a team stat that says nothing of any individual player.
Heiskanen just scored 2 points, got a regulation win, lead his team in ice time, +2.

By the way, now he has 16 points and Dahlin 13. So much for that "but Dahlin leads in points"-argument. Heiskanen also is only 1 point behind his team's scoring leader.

Reactions: Elysian

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
They need to give the kid some PK time. Buffalo doesn't have a great PK anyway, and it may get him doing better on the defensive side of play. He already has a good foundation to build on, so why not give it a shot?
And he was on the pk :) Cant look highlights, as hockey highlights seems gone offline..

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

Dunno about that, but I can say one thing HF won't like at all. And this comes from watching Dahlin and Sabres a lot: Risto is actually a beast. Can't understand how much off the mark that 'can't play any d' bs actually is.

What comes to this stupid thread and eh - conversation, Dahlin and Heisk are both freakin awesome. Such fantastic and sheer fun players for a hockey fan. Imagine if you enjoyed that people. It's easy and you don't even have to try.

Reactions: Timani

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Heiskanen just scored 2 points, got a regulation win, lead his team in ice time, +2.

By the way, now he has 16 points and Dahlin 13. So much for that "but Dahlin leads in points"-argument. Heiskanen also is only 1 point behind his team's scoring leader.
Heiskanen also leads the WC in +/-

Reactions: Elysian

The Colonel

Jul 7, 2008
It's very simple.

Two extraordinary young talents.

Last season both Dahlin and Heiskanen were rookies. Dahlin being one year younger.

Generally, as good as Heiskanen was, it was agreed upon that Dahlin had a slightly better season and a likely even brighter future.

Now it's year 2 and Heiskanen has jumped way in front for the time being. Currently he is being discussed as a Norris candidate.

Pretty exciting. Let's see what Dahlin does to close the gap.

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
To you and the rest of the Miro-boys who jumped on my post:

It wasn't an odd thing to say since Housley basically said to media he had put a leash on Dahlin, and his play changed after that with him joining fewer rushes mostly just dumping the puck. Krueger said the same after the first games this season (same defensive coach as under Housley) and he got worse again. I never said Miros skating and hockey sense isn't a reason he "CAN" join rushes and look like an extra forward many times - I just said that according to me he looks to have more freedom to do so (another poster in this thread after said he leads that stat which if true aligns with what I've seen), that he has more coverage from teammates when doing so, and that he has teammates who actually notices when he joins rushes and can give him the puck. That combined with more icetime is an advantage towards Dahlin when scoring points 5v5, which was the point I was trying to make since people here love to highlight Dahlin's advantages in this thread like Miro doesn't have any. And if people can't accept that I have nothing more to say.

This is MY assessment after watching both these teams quite alot last 2 seasons unlike many posters in this thread. Wasn't meant as criticism against Miro as some seemed to take it since I don't want to or feel the need to criticise any of them. And I've said more than once I've been sure for quite some time now Miro will have a better season and most likely more points. But the posts many make in this thread to hype their man up are just too biased and also in many cases false.

It is odd thing to say, but you have right in your Rasmus-boy opinion, no matter how biased it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad