Dahlin vs Heiskanen

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
It's very simple.

Two extraordinary young talents.

Last season both Dahlin and Heiskanen were rookies. Dahlin being one year younger.

Generally, as good as Heiskanen was, it was agreed upon that Dahlin had a slightly better season and a likely even brighter future.

Now it's year 2 and Heiskanen has jumped way in front for the time being. Currently he is being discussed as a Norris candidate.

Pretty exciting. Let's see what Dahlin does to close the gap.

Dahlin is 7 months youger, thats not a tear in my book. But sure it does make a difference, but not as much as some posters here wish it would make.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Last playoffs and beginning of this season have cemented Heiskanen as top10 D in the game in my mind. I'm confident that will be a consensus opinion no later than by the end of this season. Question is who was the last D to rise so fast to the top of the game?

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
It is odd thing to say, but you have right in your Rasmus-boy opinion, no matter how biased it is.

Lol, I apologize for not knowing you were Finnish when I quoted you! I should've known. If you think I was biased in that post maybe you should read it again since it was equally or more pro-Miro and since you still don't seem to understand why I made that post, and seem to ignore I agreed with your point regarding his skating that seemed to be your main point in questioning my post. If you can't handle that Miro also has advantages then maybe you should do something else.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
That’s true, and I’ve tried to make that clear.
This is one of those posts, where you're saying Dahlin has been better than Heiskanen, Also countless more, where you argue against everyone, who said that Miro has been better this season..

And when you talk about biased, you should check fellow countryman; AB13

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is one of those posts, where you're saying Dahlin has been better than Heiskanen, Also countless more, where you argue against everyone, who said that Miro has been better this season..

That’s a lot of reaching.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And to add to this, all this misinformation being spewed, yet Dahlin still won very easily a poll of the best young defensemen that was started yesterday by one of you.

Maybe stop trying because it doesn’t seem to be working.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
And to add to this, all this misinformation being spewed, yet Dahlin still won very easily a poll of the best young defensemen that was started yesterday by one of you.

People voted on that poll about who they'd take their chances with going forward in terms of potential, not who is the best currently. Dahlin is very clearly not the best currently

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Last playoffs and beginning of this season have cemented Heiskanen as top10 D in the game in my mind. I'm confident that will be a consensus opinion no later than by the end of this season. Question is who was the last D to rise so fast to the top of the game?
Answer: Makar.

And I absolutely love both Heiskanen and Makar, so not going to debate which one is better right now and which one will be better in the long run. They are both absolutely amazing and they will be the best defencemen in the league for ages and they will be fiercely challenged by Hughes and Dahlin for the best defenceman award in the future.

But those people were wrong who thought that Dahlin was head and shoulders better and more talented than these other mentioned top class young defencemen. He is for sure very talented, but nothing makes him clearly a better young talent than Makar or Heiskanen, or even Hughes.

Reactions: Elysian

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014

Rolf... Wrong again :D Maybe you should stop trying, as you been proven wrong so many times, that it cant even be counted anymore..

But go on, and enjoy your time with your pal AB13

Reactions: KappoTheGoat

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

A popular opinion is not a right one. Time will tell who comes out as the better defenseman. Right now Miro seems to be doing better over the first quarter of this season.

Reactions: Elysian

The Colonel

Jul 7, 2008
How quickly absolutes fall to pieces in the NHL!

I love Heiskanen, his skating is so smooth but Dahlin is easily on another level imo. The guy has Lidstrom level talent.

Dahlin is already a complete twoway defensemen and he is only 19. 44 points last season as an 18 year old while being that good defensively is insane.

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
Lol, I apologize for not knowing you were Finnish when I quoted you! I should've known. If you think I was biased in that post maybe you should read it again since it was equally or more pro-Miro and since you still don't seem to understand why I made that post, and seem to ignore I agreed with your point regarding his skating that seemed to be your main point in questioning my post. If you can't handle that Miro also has advantages then maybe you should do something else.

Because intelligence is not your strenght, let's make it clear that i posted the same exact post you did, just turned it around. Fun to have a conversation with someone like that, don't you think.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Can this thread just get locked already. This has devolved into some cult like religious fighting over who's imaginary friend is better with neither side able to see reason. I don't know how it would work, but i'm scared for the moment this thread develops suicide bombers

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki

This Pavel poster is a Swede? That explains alot then.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
People voted on that poll about who they'd take their chances with going forward in terms of potential, not who is the best currently. Dahlin is very clearly not the best currently

He tried the best he can to deflect that fact i gotta give him that.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki

No no my friend what you are doing isn't working so stop trying yourself, that poll litterally is meaningless in this argument, because it's like others here have told you, a poll of potential opinions, not on who's better right now, which is the argument clearly.

Also there are alot of hockey experts and journalists that are mentioning him quite alot on being a top 10 and some even say top 5 D man league wide currently. And yet have i heard anyone legit from the industry claim that Dahlin would be even close to that. Also last season NHL had Miro in a list of to 20 D at 16th place, where Dahlin was nowhere on that list. But i guess your the biggest expert there is here so what do they know am i right?

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Dahlin's team is trash..Heiskanen plays on legit cup contender. ....yes Dallas is that good.

Dallas started very bad and Sabres very good, and Miro still racked up ponits and goals and +/- 5+ or something, and just now the forwards have started scoring, so he'll be scoring even more. But nice try discrediting!

Reactions: Kcb12345

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Dallas started very bad and Sabres very good, and Miro still racked up ponits and goals and +/- 5+ or something, and just now the forwards have started scoring, so he'll be scoring even more. But nice try discrediting!

Due to your thread name and pic you have confirmed my suspicion, Finns and Swedes being homers without using any objective facts thus creating one of the most useless debates this board has ever seen.

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Due to your thread name and pic you have confirmed my suspicion, Finns and Swedes being homers without using any objective facts thus creating one of the most useless debates this board has ever seen.

So you used one poster to 'confirm' something, i.e. generate a huge, sweeping generalization that encompasses several hundred posters (i.e. all finns and Swedes here), perhaps even thousands. That is way beyond a plain, regular level of dumb: it is extremely stupid.

I suggest reading a little bit basics from a statistics text book. Here's a topic you should start with: 'sample size'.

I do agree with you that among the Finns and Swedes here, there are extremely bad and annoying homers - among the very worst here. The poster you quoted isn't one of them, though. And your methods suck ass. Next.

Reactions: KappoTheGoat

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki

What are you even talking about? I'm litterally stating my opinion and participating in a argument, just because my vote is on a countryman doesn't mean that i'm a biased lame. Miro has been better this season and currently has been better OA. Deal with it.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
No no my friend what you are doing isn't working so stop trying yourself, that poll litterally is meaningless in this argument, because it's like others here have told you, a poll of potential opinions, not on who's better right now, which is the argument clearly.

Also there are alot of hockey experts and journalists that are mentioning him quite alot on being a top 10 and some even say top 5 D man league wide currently. And yet have i heard anyone legit from the industry claim that Dahlin would be even close to that. Also last season NHL had Miro in a list of to 20 D at 16th place, where Dahlin was nowhere on that list. But i guess your the biggest expert there is here so what do they know am i right?

Edit: And i don't want to sound like i'm discrediting Dahlin or anything because he is very good. It's just not the way some of you people had wished it was by now.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
What are you even talking about? I'm litterally stating my opinion and participating in a argument, just because my vote is on a countryman doesn't mean that i'm a biased lame. Miro has been better this season and currently has been better OA. Deal with it.

Highly highly debatable Heiskanen has been better overall...and if the strength of team does not matter to you as a factor..well.....that is delusional....you can't be helped.

But you did assist me with one thing. A Heiskanen Dahlin debate is great waste of time. I know now never to bother with one again. Thanks for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad