Dahlin is generational.

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
Dahlin is 18 years old and is the best and by far most talented defenseman on an actual credible NHL team. Think about that for a minute.
Ristolainen shows more talent, in my opinion. He's your actual best defenseman.

Get a grip. Dahlin, perhaps, shows more potential.

Risto was pretty great last night.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Mess was a generational leader. Those other guys were good hockey players but not Generational like a McDavid or Howe level.

I'm sorry - Orr and Lemieux were "good" hockey players? And Crosby is a "pretty good" hockey player? LOL. Man, you are either the king of dry understatement, or one tough SOB. Glad I'm not your kid.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I'm sorry - Orr and Lemieux were "good" hockey players? And Crosby is a "pretty good" hockey player? LOL. Man, you are either the king of dry understatement, or one tough SOB. Glad I'm not your kid.
High schoolers shouldn’t be having children.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ristolainen shows more talent, in my opinion. He's your actual best defenseman.

Get a grip. Dahlin, perhaps, shows more potential.

Risto was pretty great last night.
I really don't know which of your takes is more absurd: that Dahlin is a dime a dozen rookie or that Risto (the guy our fans have been saying for most of the season had been so badly exposed that trading him would be pointless because his value was so low) is more talented.

Reactions: biotk

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
I really don't know which of your takes is more absurd: that Dahlin is a dime a dozen rookie or that Risto (the guy our fans have been saying for most of the season had been so badly exposed that trading him would be pointless because his value was so low) is more talented.
"Generational" Dahlin isn't even the best rookie on the Sabres. Ullmark is.

Who's got more points? Risto or Dahlin? Who plays the toughest matchups, and who gets the sheltered minutes?

I'm not being absurd. You're drinking the frackwater. Dahlin won't even win the Calder, so yes, he's a dime a dozen, one rung below Tyler Myers, thus far.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

Who's got more points? Risto or Dahlin? Who plays the toughest matchups, and who gets the sheltered minutes?

I'm not being absurd. You're drinking the frackwater. Dahlin won't even win the Calder, so yes, he's a dime a dozen, one rung below Tyler Myers, thus far.
Are you ok?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
There's only one generational player in the league right now and it's Rantanen

Oh man, Jonas Brodin is gonna be right mad at that.

I guess I have a different meaning of generational. For me it's someone who is clearly above their peers in ability, production, skill, etc. There are quite a few generationals playing now:

Karlsson, Thornton, Crosby, Malkin, Matthews/Eichel (either could get there with sustained production), Ovechkin for sure, McDavid is in and Laine could get there and be in the mix.
There were a crapton in the late 80s to late 90s: Bourque, Lidstrom, Hasek, Roy, Oates, Coffey, Lemieux, Gretzky, Selanne (close), etc.

So yes, Dahlin could well be generational. He is just so poised out there, smart decisions, etc. The fact a mook at defence like Housley is actually coaching Dahlin properly is hilarious, but maybe Dahlin is just that better defensively than Housley, would not be a big surprise, really.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Good lord.

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
Tyler Myers scored 48 points.
Played 23:44 per night
Was +13
Led rookies in blocked shots.
Won Calder trophy.

Dahlin is on pace for 39 points.

He's not living up to the hype.

These are the facts.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Tyler Myers scored 48 points.
Played 23:44 per night
Was +13
Led rookies in blocked shots.
Won Calder trophy.

Dahlin is on pace for 39 points.

He's not living up to the hype.

These are the facts.

Tyler Myers was 19 ... ill just leave it at that even tho there is plenty more to squash your idiotic post

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017

Reported. I don't know how posts like this are allowed. I also don't know why people reply to you.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
McDavid is this era's generational player barring a dramatic change. Matthews, Laine, Eichel, and Dahlin aren't. They are elite franchise cornerstone pieces that every team wants, but does anyone expect these guys to win multiple Harts or Lindsey awards? Because that is the expectation with generational players.

I agree with this, although Dahlin is as close to generational for Dmen that I can recall, at least as a prospect, since Potvin

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I'm going to go ahead and say that Connor Fruggin McDavid is the only Generational player that has ever existed, that OT goal proves it. Gentlemen, let's just rally around this guy and agree that we are all lucky to be wathcin hockey at a time where this guy is playing. Such a special generational talent. I feel like these cups aren't Edmonton Cups but NHL Cups. Go NHL!

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
As much as it pains me to say, Dahlin is a generational defensemen. 18 and already a #1 D in the league, perhaps already a top 10 D. In 2 or 3 years he is going to be a monster and as a fan of a team in the Atlantic he terrifies me.

Easily the Calder will be his and he will win many more trophies and sadly.. probably a cup or two.

I mean he is not, but it's cool you think so.

Rinkrat

Feb 11, 2007
Toews, Gretzky, Orr, Lidstrom, Matthews, Lemieux and?

Who's number 7?
Only three of those would be considered generational. Morenz is generally considered the first, then Howe, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, McDavid ... some would make a case for Richard.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Generational players?

Orr, Gretzky, Crosby, McDavid

Dahlin is not on this list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad