GDT: ECQF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals, 7pm ET, TNT, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
As a Caps fan, I gotta ask...are you okay? Losing one game in the first round would mean they're out of the playoffs? There's some serious trauma behind that prediction lol
It's the way this team has been the last several seasons. They'll win the first two games and then completely implode after.

Reactions: nevesis

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
They need to go up 3-0 tonight. No f***ing excuses. Foot to the throat, no mercy.

LETS f***ING GO.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
going 3-0 would go a long way towards making me think this team perhaps has figured out how to close things out quickly

I know the Caps will be desperate, the Rangers should be playing that way too to not let them back in the series.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm very nervous
You shouldn't.

Feeling a loss tonight.

Comfortable win on Sunday and then a blowout to close it in game 5.
While it doesn't matter in the end how you win a cup, a loss against Washington in any fashion would certainly dampen the feeling about the team. I'm sorry, but that is just a rubbish team, that should be dealt with ease. Sweeps are allowed.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
But he won the US a skills competition 15 years ago! Somehow that’s excluded him from the narrative that he’s been a cheap shot artist for just as long
I get into arguments with people all the time about that Olympics. Yeah great wow Oshie scored a million times in the shootout but did Team USA even medal? Nope. Not even the bronze so who cares about that stupid shootout.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
My 2 cents. This game for the Rangers is about smarts and bravery.
If the players are able to bring those two virtues, New York goes up 3 games to none.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Lmao at how they"combined" reg season and playoffs points for Panarin so that he's 3rd in franchise history

Reactions: FultonReed

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You shouldn't.

While it doesn't matter in the end how you win a cup, a loss against Washington in any fashion would certainly dampen the feeling about the team. I'm sorry, but that is just a rubbish team, that should be dealt with ease. Sweeps are allowed.

It’s hard to sweep a team no matter how bad they are.

This core has had trouble matching intensity forever and I expect that will be a problem tonight as well. Washington is not going to quit like the Isles did.

This game just has “give up 2 early and battle back late to barely lose” written all over it. If you think the officiating was bad in NY I bet it’s going to be even worse tonight.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
For anyone that has had to study statistics:

8o63n3.jpg

Rempe was a late season call up. Lafreniere finished the season strong. These are both true but there is nothing to suggest they are related.
It needs to be studied. The urge for anyone talking about hockey to so wildly overstate the impact of the biggest cones on the bench and literally start saying they affect shit that has nothing to do with them lmao. I was gonna spare Boyle the roast and just dismiss it as some overly emotional take while he was hyped. But then he started glazing Reaves too and just lost me

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It’s hard to sweep a team no matter how bad they are.

This core has had trouble matching intensity forever and I expect that will be a problem tonight as well. Washington is not going to quit like the Isles did.

This game just has “give up 2 early and battle back late to barely lose” written all over it. If you think the officiating was bad in NY I bet it’s going to be even worse tonight.
Not every game has to look good, but just need to come out of it with the win. I think that's pretty much what this team has done the whole year. We haven't been that dominant game in game out despite winning the Presidents Trophy, atleast that's what it feels like for me. But we find ways to win. This is not and indictment BTW, it's a praise. Game two wasn't pretty either (though admittedly I just watched extended highlights because can't watch games live on weekdays), but they got the job done.

Washington is going to throw everything they have at us, they have nothing to lose. But just figure out a way to win, and I'm very confident this team will do just that. Maybe it's a brutal game and Washington dominates, and Igor steals a 1-2 game for us. That's one benefit of having an elite goalie, you don't need to dominate every night.

Reactions: NYRangers16

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
People acting nervous or that this is a must win game are just overreacting.

Washington is bad. The Rangers should sweep. A loss isn’t the end of the world, though

Reactions: CLW

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
probably would just feel better if last game wasn't kinda meh and we weren't all scarred by years of drawn out 7 game series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad