Recalled/Assigned: Da Costa [Assigned to Bingo Feb. 22]

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I liked what DaCosta bought but he'll get a ton of ice time in Bingo. Can't hurt.

As far as I'm concerned every single call-up has performed very well. I wouldn't have minded getting an early draft pick this year but these guys may be too good to let that happen. I'm fine with that too.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Good move. He'll have a great opportunity in Bingo and work on his 200 foot game. He will be back very soon I feel as well.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Just numbers man. Lehner up, Regin close to returning. Something had to give. Wouldn't read too much into it.

I'm trying not to, and I trust MacLean, but Da Costa's been good in his time here and is on of the few remaining players to offer some actual creativity in the offensive zone. He'd have been the last guy I thought would be sent down right now. And in my opinion, he should have gotten the chance to center the 2nd line regularly if he was to truly shine. Playing 10 minutes on the 3rd/4th line with scrubs won't get you far when you're that type of player. Meanwhile guys like Regin get all the opportunities in the world while offering very little.

Anyway, hopefully he does come back up sooner than later. He's fun to watch.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I'm trying not to, and I trust MacLean, but Da Costa's been good in his time here and is on of the few remaining players to offer some actual creativity in the offensive zone. He'd have been the last guy I thought would be sent down right now. And in my opinion, he should have gotten the chance to center the 2nd line regularly if he was to truly shine. Playing 10 minutes on the 3rd/4th line with scrubs won't get you far when you're that type of player. Meanwhile guys like Regin get all the opportunities in the world while offering very little.

Anyway, hopefully he does come back up sooner than later. He's fun to watch.

In terms of accomplishment at all levels of pro hockey...

Regin >>>>>>> Da Costa

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
DaCosta can be sent down without worry of waivers.
Regin would have to clear waivers (unlikely someone would claim him)
Also Bingo needs help and Da Costa is on a two way so he is cheaper.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
In terms of actual play with the Senators, not so much.

Sigh. I know people here hate Peter Regin for some unknown reason but with the Senators:

Regin: 163 GP 19 G 35 A 54 PTS 0.33 PPG
Da Costa: 35 GP 4 G 3 A 7 PTS 0.20 PPG

Is Da Costa some kind of Selke winner to make him that much more impressive than Regin? If anything Regin is the superior defender.

How about the AHL level:

Regin : 0.84 PPG
Da Costa: 0.78 PPG

SO what exactly has Da Costa done better with the Senators than Peter Regin?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Sigh. I know people here hate Peter Regin for some unknown reason but with the Senators:

Regin: 163 GP 19 G 35 A 54 PTS 0.33 PPG
Da Costa: 35 GP 4 G 3 A 7 PTS 0.20 PPG

Is Da Costa some kind of Selke winner to make him that much more impressive than Regin? If anything Regin is the superior defender.

How about the AHL level:

Regin : 0.84 PPG
Da Costa: 0.78 PPG

SO what exactly has Da Costa done better with the Senators than Peter Regin?

Scored more goals this season and stayed healthy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It's really unfortunate that Da Costa doesn't seem to be able to score a whole lot at the pro level because he's got amazing vision and has shown good hustle this year.

Unfortunately at one point good play with no results isn't good enough...

We also know that MacLean thinks highly of Regin so it makes sense to send DaCosta down since Regin is likely to take his spot.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
LOL this is starting to look like filatov except worse because da costa is actually showing promise and good play. give the kid a chance dammit!!! on one of the top-2 lines for a whole game or two until you decide to send him back

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
How many goals or assists has DaCosta produced on the PP? Zero.

DaCosta is a text msg away if the Sens need him.

Actually, you're wrong. Da Costa (space between Da and Costa) got an assist off of a powerplay goal, I believe it was Alfredsson's.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I can't believe people are freaking out over this. The guy will probably need to be called up again soon.

He's an offensive player that hasn't produced. Regin and Grant are able to other things that help the team better than Da Costa. Lehner needs to be called up so he's gonna go help Bingo out in the meantime. After playing in the NHL for a few weeks maybe he'll go back and tear the A apart.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Actually, you're wrong. Da Costa (space between Da and Costa) got an assist off of a powerplay goal, I believe it was Alfredsson's.

ur right and its greenings! he couldve had an assist on an alfie pp goal too but alfie hit the crossbar!! bad puck luck for da bosta he couldve had at least a couple more points

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
ur right and its greenings! he couldve had an assist on an alfie pp goal too but alfie hit the crossbar!! bad puck luck for da bosta he couldve had at least a couple more points

Right, I remember now. He got the primary assist as well. Or did he, so much has happened to me since then... Meaning my memory is foggy, but I know for a fact he got an PPA... Oh, and yes, he could have had another point or two, so I feel he wasn't dealt the best card, but agree, he should be back.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

If he's right the NHL and Sens stats are wrong.

If every player coulda use what mighta or coulda happened, they woulda all be paid Crosby money.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I can't believe people are freaking out over this. The guy will probably need to be called up again soon.

He's an offensive player that hasn't produced. Regin and Grant are able to other things that help the team better than Da Costa. Lehner needs to be called up so he's gonna go help Bingo out in the meantime. After playing in the NHL for a few weeks maybe he'll go back and tear the A apart.

THIS.

Do people honestly believe with the rash of injuries this team is having that he won't get another chance? And don't forget that barring some miraculous play, Regin is a good candidate to be traded at the deadline.

He'll get another chance. He still has to work on his game and 25 minutes a night with a taste of the NHL under his belt should motivate him to get better.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
THIS.

Do people honestly believe with the rash of injuries this team is having that he won't get another chance? And don't forget that barring some miraculous play, Regin is a good candidate to be traded at the deadline.

He'll get another chance. He still has to work on his game and 25 minutes a night with a taste of the NHL under his belt should motivate him to get better.

Agreed, except the Regin being traded part.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
He's a young player who is making mistakes which is normal, but like everyone said he'll get chances.

In a game before last night, Da Costa was given time on the PP and he flubbed it I think but the blame went to Gonchar. He had difficulty controlling the puck and we couldn't setup.

ElRossoMatt

Feb 13, 2010
Bucharest,Romania
Other than the numbers, I think he was sent down more because of his defensive game than his lack of offence.

Of course, not putting up points hurt his chances of staying up but he made a number of bad defensive plays and he was very ineffective overall in his own zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad