Recalled/Assigned: Da Costa [Assigned to Bingo Feb. 22]

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He reminds me of Kadri which is pretty slick, wiry and excellent hands/vision. Right now he is our most skilled forward. He is funt to watch too but he has a ways to go before being mentioned in the same breath as Spezza and Turris. Nothing wrong with talking about his potential which seems high right now.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He reminds me of Kadri which is pretty slick, wiry and excellent hands/vision. Right now he is our most skilled forward. He is funt to watch too but he has a ways to go before being mentioned in the same breath as Spezza and Turris. Nothing wrong with talking about his potential which seems high right now.

it's funny you bring up kadri. if you look at their size and the ahl numbers, they are very similar. now i'm not saying he's going to be as good as the great kadri, but i always thought they were similar players.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
If I were to guess, worse ethic than Kadri too. Apparently he showed up unfit for Bingo camp. So he still has a lot potential.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I've just been more floored with the passes and the consistency in which dacosta makes them with.

And yes , I know full well that spezza has top ten vision , but really dacosta is on the same realm.

too soon to say, but based on spezza's last 5 games and dacosta's last 5, i agree

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I hold Da Costa in similar esteem to Regin: both players really impressed me from the first time I saw them.

I really hope Da Costa pans out as a regular top 6 NHL player because he has the vision and hands to back it up, I think it's all about strength and conditionning.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I missed that Da Costa hit

Where to find it?

It was a few games ago but I forget who it was on or even what team it was against. I'm sure someone else saw it, the announcers mentioned it and it was thunderous and so out of place. Anyone remember this?

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
It was a few games ago but I forget who it was on or even what team it was against. I'm sure someone else saw it, the announcers mentioned it and it was thunderous and so out of place. Anyone remember this?

It was on Ponikarovsky from the Winnipeg game.

No vid.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada

Was vs. the Sabres in the 2nd iirc...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I do. Can't remember who it was against or which player it was though. I want to say it was in the game against Carolina and it was maybe Skinner/Semin that he hit? Not 100% sure.

Edit: rofl...3 different answers. Mine is most likely to be wrong.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
DaCosta is actually unbelievably strong on his skates, I said that even on his first shift a couple years ago. He is like Alfredsson where he isn't the biggest of guys but his balance is remarkable. If he does get beat on the boards it's because he gets squeezed out on positioning, not out-muscled. Even then his stick-checking is amazing.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
DaCosta is actually unbelievably strong on his skates, I said that even on his first shift a couple years ago. He is like Alfredsson where he isn't the biggest of guys but his balance is remarkable. If he does get beat on the boards it's because he gets squeezed out on positioning, not out-muscled. Even then his stick-checking is amazing.

This is so true. I would say its at least an 83 or 85 :)

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
I hope Stephane Da Costa destroys the Leafs. That would be a nice little bit of revenge for the Dion Phaneuf hit. 3 point game. ;)

I picked up this kid in my keeper league, I am so excited about him. If I can I'll try and catch the game tonight. Have a buddy's Birthday party to go to, so it may not be that easy. Here's hoping!

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
that's surprising. he hasn't played as good as the first couple games but i didn't he played that bad.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
They don't seem to trust his defensive play enough to give him a lot of minutes so it isn't surprising to me that he's been sent down.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ottawa Senators ‏@NHL_Sens
News Release: The #Sens have recalled G Robin Lehner and re-assigned F Stephane Da Costa to Binghamton (AHL): http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=656902

He's not a soft player but he was playing soft, he doesn't seem to be able to maintain momentum in a game and always disappears after the 1st period. He probably needs to be mentally and physically stronger, he is an awesome talent but he probably is not even close be being physically capable of enduring the grind and mental toll an NHL season takes.

Big decision on him, I heard rumours he wanted to play inEurope and may sign there this summer hence the 1 year deal. Maybe package him up in a deal for some more depth and use the asset to get something more reliable.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Regin is probably back tomorrow. He is more capable of playing in the system, for now anyways.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Wow, I have to say, I"m shocked.

I didn't see this coming. Thought DaCosta was playing well up in Ottawa. I'll gladly welcome the addition to the B-Sens though.

gmyx

Aug 14, 2008
Sensville
Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally

The Sens have sent Stephane Da Costa back to Binghamton to make room for Robin Lehner on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad