Recalled/Assigned: Da Costa [Assigned to Bingo Feb. 22]

INurHome

Mar 25, 2011
Ottawa
I trustache.

Vouch this comment.

Also, there is the pocketbook to consider, Grant and DD have only played 4 games and Da Costa has played 9. In times like these, spread the wealth around, it will only boost morale.

Long term, another long AHL playoff run will be beneficial to our players and our affiliate as well as serve as a back-up plan should the Sens miss the playoffs.

Of course all this winning :yo: leads to this type of thinking.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
This is so wrong. So so so wrong. The Stache must have some sort of major hate-on for this guy.

Something happened about halfway thru the NJ game. He was getting lots of ice time and then suddenly it stopped. The writing was on the wall when he got so little in the game against the Rags and then didn't slot in to the shootout.

I'm disappointed, I enjoy watching him play.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm not surprised, I didn't think he was playing very well. While he certainly has the skill, he doesn't have the size or strength to compete with the much bigger NHL players. He needs to seriously put on a lot more muscle & get in much better shape to compete at the NHL level. He seems to get away with it in the AHL like Locke used to but it becomes obvious at the NHL level.

Berserker*

I'm not surprised, I didn't think he was playing very well. While he certainly has the skill, he doesn't have the size or strength to compete with the much bigger NHL players. He needs to seriously put on a lot more muscle & get in much better shape to compete at the NHL level. He seems to get away with it in the AHL like Locke used to but it becomes obvious at the NHL level.

He played great against the Penguins and Leafs, but he regressed a bit against the Devils, Islanders and Rangers. He really needs an intense stremgth training program.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Like all young players he's inconsistent.
There can be no question his skills, vision and hockey sense are outstanding.
He puts in a good effort and tried to play physical.

something must have happened (as someone else mentioned) he was getting icetime then BOOM! nothing.
i couldnt believe he didnt get the call during the shootout, i had him after turris silf and alfie.

very strange, he can get stronger etc for sure but he can play in the NHL now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

something must have happened (as someone else mentioned) he was getting icetime then BOOM! nothing.
i couldnt believe he didnt get the call during the shootout, i had him after turris silf and alfie.

Does he have enough value to be put in a package as a replacement for ROR?

Berserker*

Strength isn't keeping him out of the NHl, it is keeping him from becoming the player that he is capable of becoming.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Why should it be a choice between Da Costa and Regin? There's room for both of them. We could use Da Costa's offensive creativity, while Regin could find work on the second or third line.

Silf - Turris - Alfie <- the STACKED top line
Zib - Da Costa - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil
Regin - JOB - Daug/Grant/DD <- one of Grant or DD sent down

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why should it be a choice between Da Costa and Regin? There's room for both of them. We could use Da Costa's offensive creativity, while Regin could find work on the second or third line.

Zib - Da Costa - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

I'm confused, you say Regin can find work on the second or third line but then slot him in on what could only be called the fourth line.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'm confused, you say Regin can find work on the second or third line but then slot him in on what could only be called the fourth line.
I put him on the third line initially, then figured Greening is a better fit there. Ultimately, that second line could be viewed as the 4th line in terms of ice time (Zib and Da Costa make up for it on the PP, Condra on the PK). It's all very fluid with the players we have anyway.

Berserker*

Zib - Da Costa - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

MacLean doesn't like playing Regin on the wing and DD has done a much better job than Greening on the third line.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
MacLean doesn't like playing Regin on the wing and DD has done a much better job than Greening on the third line.
OK, how about:

Zib - Da Costa - Condra
DD - Smith - Neil
Greening - Regin - JOB/Daug <- send Grant down

As we know McStache likes to mix things up anyway, so none of this needs to be cast in stone. Point was, there's plenty of room for both Da Costa and Regin.

Berserker*

OK, how about:

Zib - Da Costa - Condra
DD - Smith - Neil
Greening - Regin - JOB/Daug <- send Grant down

As we know McStache likes to mix things up anyway, so none of this needs to be cast in stone. Point was, there's plenty of room for both Da Costa and Regin.

That lineup works. Although the 2nd a 4th lines may have a bit of a hard time winning puck battles along the boards and in the corners.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
How is that Da Costa doesn't have enough value in a package for ROR yet posters here put him on our 2nd line when Ziabnejad has played so much better.

And as I'm writing this Da Costa makes a nice play to assist on a goal for Schneider against the Bears.

Berserker*

How is that Da Costa doesn't have enough value in a package for ROR yet posters here put him on our 2nd line when Ziabnejad has played so much better.

And as I'm writing this Da Costa makes a nice play to assist on a goal for Schneider against the Bears.

For the most part they are only playing on the 2nd line because Spezza and Michalek are out. If Da Costa was playing on the first or second line with both those players also in the lineup than his trade value would likely be a lot higher.

It is hard to assess the current trade value of Da Costa, but I am guessing that he could be part of a package to net a player like RoR. The reason Da Costa's name isn't being thrown around may have to do with Colorado not wanting a Da Costa kind of player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
For the most part they are only playing on the 2nd line because Spezza and Michalek are out. If Da Costa was playing on the first or second line with both those players also in the lineup than his trade value would likely be a lot higher.

It is hard to assess the current trade value of Da Costa, but I am guessing that he could be part of a package to net a player like RoR. The reason Da Costa's name isn't being thrown around may have to do with Colorado not wanting a Da Costa kind of player.[/QUOTE]

Exactly ... & why not? Our fan base seem to think he is going to be a very good player in the NHL? Why wouldn't Colorado want that?

Berserker*

It is hard to assess the current trade value of Da Costa, but I am guessing that he could be part of a package to net a player like RoR. The reason Da Costa's name isn't being thrown around may have to do with Colorado not wanting a Da Costa kind of player.[/QUOTE]

Exactly ... & why not? Our fan base seem to think he is going to be a very good player in the NHL? Why wouldn't Colorado want that?

If I was Ottawa and you were Colorado and I offered Da Costa, what would you say? I'm guessing you would like a bigger player with similar upside and ask for Zibanejad. Maybe Colorado feels the same way.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Which is what exactly?

That IMO Da Costa doesn't have the size or strength at this time to play in the NHL although he does have the offensive skill. I would also say that he may not play a good enough defensive game but at times has looked good. But if you think he is good enough, then my question to you would be what is his value? Or why wouldn't he be an acceptable piece in a package for ROR as a replacement for ROR for Colorado? They are both centres & some here seem to think that Da Costa could be a top 6 centre so why wouldn't Colorado accept him as a replacement for ROR & top 6 centre?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
when i think about it maybe the stache wants to keep zibby at center exclusively which makes da costa the odd man out. instead of bouncing zibby around every line at every position.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
That IMO Da Costa doesn't have the size or strength at this time to play in the NHL although he does have the offensive skill. I would also say that he may not play a good enough defensive game but at times has looked good. But if you think he is good enough, then my question to you would be what is his value? Or why wouldn't he be an acceptable piece in a package for ROR as a replacement for ROR for Colorado? They are both centres & some here seem to think that Da Costa could be a top 6 centre so why wouldn't Colorado accept him as a replacement for ROR & top 6 centre?

because he hasn't proven anything colorado would at least be looking for a proven top-6 forward in return. like with at least one 50-point season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
because he hasn't proven anything colorado would at least be looking for a proven top-6 forward in return. like with at least one 50-point season.

So that would be Mickalek, Spezza or Alfredsson? Silfverberg or Zibanejad haven't proven anything yet either.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
So that would be Mickalek, Spezza or Alfredsson? Silfverberg or Zibanejad haven't proven anything yet either.

michalek most likely betwen those three lol. but ya you have to give to get i highly doubt we can get oreilly straight up for zibby or silf or da costa, even with a pick added to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad