Recalled/Assigned: Da Costa [Assigned to Bingo Feb. 22]

General Granny*

About time.

Regin's last season here and possibly in the NHL.

John Holmes*

This is a good idea. I had thought originally that they should have left the other three lines alone (as much as possible) because they were working, and just slot Da Costa in to Spezza's spot.

Why have 4 disrupted lines when you can leave 3 intact?

Hopefully this works.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Wondering if we are making a trade with this announcement? Regin for a depth D or something

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
This is a good idea. I had thought originally that they should have left the other three lines alone (as much as possible) because they were working, and just slot Da Costa in to Spezza's spot.

Why have 4 disrupted lines when you can leave 3 intact?

Hopefully this works.

I completely agree Mr. Holmes

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Does anybody know if he's gained a little weight since last year?

The kid has some great hands and great head but he really needed to get stronger to help the consistency and being able to go to the dirty areas

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Da Costa is inserted into the lineup most likely it will be Daugavins who will get scratched.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Soooo Bingo has no one now? lol

Really not funny!

Does anybody know if he's gained a little weight since last year?

The kid has some great hands and great head but he really needed to get stronger to help the consistency and being able to go to the dirty areas

He still seems pretty small, not sure that he will make it in the NHL. However, I do think he has been playing really well this year and was surprised that he didn't get an invite to camp.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Regins out plain and simple. I like Regin too but the guy just doesnt have that IT factor

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Da Costa played with Alfie last year before we traded for Turris, we might see that combo as well.

We just need forwards that can gain the zone and set something up instead of turning into a dump and chase team, Da Costa will hopefully help us with that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Regins out plain and simple. I like Regin too but the guy just doesnt have that IT factor

I think Regin has the tools required to be good but is playing afraid: he doesn't want to get hurt which would kill his NHL career and he needs to score to earn a contract.

I think he'd perform better if there wasn't so much pressure on him career wise.

Agreed however that he hasn't been anywhere near good enough.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
A lot of you will be surprised by DaCosta, mark my words. He has been on another level in comparison to everyone I've seen in the AHL.

DaCosta will be on the 1st/2nd line in no time with Spezza out and Regin struggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad