D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Good for Bouchard but that Guelph defense and goaltending was awful. He skated through 3 Guelph players with no one touching him and then put an unobstructed shot from a bad angle past the goalie. No wonder London is blowing them out in this series.

Those were Guelph's two best defensemen too.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Good for Bouchard but that Guelph defense and goaltending was awful. He skated through 3 Guelph players with no one touching him and then put an unobstructed shot from a bad angle past the goalie. No wonder London is blowing them out in this series.
If a poke check that hits stick instead of puck followed by two slashes on the stick/hand is untouched then I guess so. Not great execution by the defenders, but Bouchard did a great job regaining puck control and getting off a good shot despite being whacked.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If a poke check that hits stick instead of puck followed by two slashes on the stick/hand is untouched then I guess so. Not great execution by the defenders, but Bouchard did a great job regaining puck control and getting off a good shot despite being whacked.
I was just about to post this.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Maybe if he did yoga he’d be at 3.0 ppg instead of the 2.57 ppg he’s at these playoffs.

Pretty poorly played by three opposing players but E.Bouchards play has probably crushed their souls.
The guy has been a machine so far

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Guelph radio commentator said that London didn't shake hands after the game, can anyone confirm that? Seems like the coaching staff quickly left after shaking the hands of the Guelph coaching staff.

Unfortunate way to end the season for Bouchard, interested to see how his game translates to the AHL.

Edit: I guess it was only London's coaching staff that was quick to leave and didn't shake hands at center ice.

Last edited:

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Nice backtrack Peasy, I should have quoted your original posting...

London coaching staff congratulated the Guelph coaching staff then left the ice. Yeah , not great optics.

The teams shook hands at center ice.

Using sweeping untrue statements in pursuit of an agenda is one of the lowest forms of internet discourse.

As far as Bouchard, the last few games he looked completely disinterested. Not sure if he had the flu that was going through the team or not, or the 40 minutes per game, but the GAF meter wasn't very high. Just think Dale rode that horse to exhaustion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starry Knight

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It’s sad how underrated this guy is based on the strident words of a few naysayers. All else aside, you just can’t deny the offensive IQ, passing, and shot.

I don't know whether to like the avatar or be offended. Gritty is a national treasure

But good post nonetheless

Reactions: Dominance

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
We'll see how he does in the NHL, but the guy definitely seems underrated as a prospect.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I can easily see him becoming an offensive 3D like Shattenkirk or Gardiner, Oilers have a good one here, hopefully they don't screw up his development and have him up to stay for good next year in the NHL.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I can easily see him becoming an offensive 3D like Shattenkirk or Gardiner, Oilers have a good one here, hopefully they don't screw up his development and have him up to stay for good next year in the NHL.

What a classic Leaf fan post. Pathetic take even though you tried your hardest to give him praise. At this point his floor should be an offensive 3D not his projection. Then you go ahead and name his comparable as Jake Gardiner.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
What a classic Leaf fan post. Pathetic take even though you tried your hardest to give him praise. At this point his floor should be an offensive 3D not his projection. Then you go ahead and name his comparable as Jake Gardiner.
Oh god...the insecurity even when giving a genuine compliment. No, Bouchard's floor is not a 3D lmao his floor would be busting. I referenced Shattenkirk and Gardiner but you decide to throw at fit at Gardiner.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Oh god...the insecurity even when giving a genuine compliment. No, Bouchard's floor is not a 3D lmao his floor would be busting. I referenced Shattenkirk and Gardiner but you decide to throw at fit at Gardiner.
The last thing a team wants to hear about the shiny new defensive prospect that is busting down doors is "he will be a good 3D."

And even worse "Like Shattenkirk or Gardiner"

Reactions: NinjaKick

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

You knew exactly what you were doing don't bring up semantics with me buddy. You have a history on this site I don't need to explain further. Yeah a guy with a great shot is going to average 8 goals a season, what an acute observation!

Reactions: Homesick and McRpro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad