D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Asking as a non-Edmonton Oilers fan, given the current state of the big team (locker room and front office management issurs), and the history of calling players up to the show before being ready, or bringing them into a non-winning environment...

As good as Bouch is right now, would it be better if he serves a year in the AHL or jump straight to the dance?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Asking as a non-Edmonton Oilers fan, given the current state of the big team (locker room and front office management issurs), and the history of calling players up to the show before being ready, or bringing them into a non-winning environment...

As good as Bouch is right now, would it be better if he serves a year in the AHL or jump straight to the dance?
I hope he stays in the AHL next year. I'm done with rushing our prospects.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
What a classic Leaf fan post. Pathetic take even though you tried your hardest to give him praise. At this point his floor should be an offensive 3D not his projection. Then you go ahead and name his comparable as Jake Gardiner.
Oh god...the insecurity even when giving a genuine compliment. No, Bouchard's floor is not a 3D lmao his floor would be busting. I referenced Shattenkirk and Gardiner but you decide to throw at fit at Gardiner.

I guess sandins floor is franchise d in that case

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I hope he stays in the AHL next year. I'm done with rushing our prospects.

I think the OBC has the same idea. It seems that they're going to overripen their prospects before rushing them. They've (hopefully) learnt their lesson.

And look at Makar. He could probably play this year, but that extra year in college taught him to dominate and look at him now. I say we do the same with Bouchard.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Having seen J.Schultz in the AHL... I'd say Bouchard could also put up similar numbers.. because his vision/passing/shooting is better or similar. Both with sneaky wrist shots that get onto net.

Schultz lead the entire league in scoring (for a D) even after the NHL league re-started. Bouchard was leading the OHL playoffs in scoring for a while too.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I guess sandins floor is franchise d in that case
No, his floor would be a bust too considering there's been countless hot shot prospects that have busted on every team throughout the years. And he has nothing to do with this thread. I think Sandin has top pairing POTENTIAL, that's it. Whether he hits that or not, remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I can easily see him becoming an offensive 3D like Shattenkirk or Gardiner, Oilers have a good one here, hopefully they don't screw up his development and have him up to stay for good next year in the NHL.

No, his floor would be a bust too considering there's been countless hot shot prospects that have busted on every team throughout the years. And he has nothing to do with this thread. I think Sandin has top pairing POTENTIAL, that's it. Whether he hits that or not, remains to be seen.
So you think Sandin has top pair potential but only think Bouchard has the potential to be a #3?
Based on what exactly?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What a classic Leaf fan post. Pathetic take even though you tried your hardest to give him praise. At this point his floor should be an offensive 3D not his projection. Then you go ahead and name his comparable as Jake Gardiner.

Wow Chill man you'd think with all the busts the oilers have had you would be more even keel.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I want him in the AHL full time next year

He's dominant offensively, needs to work on the defensive side and his first step.

Also nice to see him finally getting some respect around here. He's got a lot of Brent Burns in his game rn it seems like to me (in terms of play style).

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Awesome contribution to the thread! What was the point of even posting?

To tell you to chill with your wild expectations.

Few players have a floor of being a #3 d at the NHL level despite how badly they dominate juniors. And this is from someone who thinks that Bouchard has a very good chance at being a top pair contributor.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
So you think Sandin has top pair potential but only think Bouchard has the potential to be a #3?
Based on what exactly?
I like Bouchard but his defensive game worries me a little. I swear some Oilers fans see a Leaf fan make a comment about their players and go into full defensive mode. We can have differing opinions. I had my reservations about Sandin until his play in the AHL this year made me change my mind.

If Bouchard can have a great rest of the year with the Oiler's AHL team and he rounds out his defensive game there's no reason why he can't be a 1D or top pairing at least. As of right now though, I want to see him dominate the AHL instead of beating up on kids in the CHL.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I see no lie in what he said:

Saying a prospect has the floor of a 3D is hilarious.

Perhaps it was hyperbole but that doesn't change the fact you projected him to be a 3D which is equally hilarious. You then had 2 comparables that showed your ability to evaluate a player but of course you won't address the fact you think someone who projects as a PP QB with a great shot is going to average 8 goals a season.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Perhaps it was hyperbole but that doesn't change the fact you projected him to be a 3D which is equally hilarious. You then had 2 comparables that showed your ability to evaluate a player but of course you won't address the fact you think someone who projects as a PP QB with a great shot is going to average 8 goals a season.
I compared him to 2 players that in their prime were 50+ point offensive D-men and that's an insult?

Do you want Doughty as a comparison or something?

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
I think Bouchards floor is 3rd pair and pp qb. Someone you need to shelter heavily. Ceiling is a #2. Probably ends up as a ppqb second pair which is just what the Oil need

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto

I somewhat support EDM... the players and fans... everything else.. no dice
they gotta take it as slow as possible with Evan... that's the safest route imo
if he's ready... he's ready... personally I think he's going to be a special player

Reactions: 780il
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad