D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
You criticize Boqvist in every thread. Its funny that you are trying to call out others for their opinions of Boqvist.

Your first sentence is completely false. You being a Boqvist homer is quite true however.

The OHL is a junior hockey league. Boqvist averages well over 1PPG, and is one of the best defensemen in that league. He's too good for the league, and should've been in the AHL this season. We aren't going to learn much about his play until he gets to pro hockey.

Boqvist was on a stacked team and ended up 6th in defenceman scoring in the OHL, 5th in points per game, and outside the top 10 when it comes to overall play. Even Ryan Merkley, who was drafted outside of the top 20 of the same draft and had to deal with a mid season trade, had a better year. Boqvist has not been bad by any means but for a top 10 pick in his draft+1 season, he underperformed.

I don't think the WJC should be regarded to too high of a degree, but its a good barometer. Boqvist performed very well there, as he also did at the WJC18 a year ago, and almost every tournament he's played in for Sweden.

Again, 5 or 6 game sample size means nothing compared to an entire season.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
[QUOTE="TheGoldenJet, post: 158745071, member: 69250"

Again, 5 or 6 game sample size means nothing compared to an entire season.[/QUOTE]

Agree if you are talking about production or being snake bitten; or playing down the lineup; or being asked to play a role you are not used to; or just not feeling well... but when your skating is exposed when you move up a level to faster play and you don't adjust or there is a void that has to be filled through adjusting... it means something

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bouchard has the offensive toolset of a pronger, big shot and great breakout passing ability. Bouchards game doesn’t need neidermayers skating albeit it wouldn’t hurt.
I feel like some people over value skating if that’s even possible

Oilers have some d that can skate the puck, not one of them can make a consistent pass
Did you just say that Pronger wasn't a good skater or did the Pronger skillset not include Prongers amazing skating, as well as being a monster ?

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Boqvist was on a stacked team and ended up 6th in defenceman scoring in the OHL, 5th in points per game, and outside the top 10 when it comes to overall play. Even Ryan Merkley, who was drafted outside of the top 20 of the same draft and had to deal with a mid season trade, had a better year. Boqvist has not been bad by any means but for a top 10 pick in his draft+1 season, he underperformed.

I don't know about that. 20 goals and 60 points in 54 games in his first year in the league is pretty incredible. Not to mention he was one of the youngest players in the entire draft.

I really hold extra value in players' ability to put up points right away in a league that's brand new to them. With Bouchard, it was his fourth year in the league.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Did you just say that Pronger wasn't a good skater or did the Pronger skillset not include Prongers amazing skating, as well as being a monster ?
Yes pronger was an amazing skater for his size, but his game was more built on long stretch passing and running a power play rather than a player who relies on skating the puck up on the rush.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Your first sentence is completely false. You being a Boqvist homer is quite true however.

Again, 5 or 6 game sample size means nothing compared to an entire season.

You would describe someone as having a better year when a team literally gave him away that was in contention because he didnt fit in with the team.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I don't know about that. 20 goals and 60 points in 54 games in his first year in the league is pretty incredible. Not to mention he was one of the youngest players in the entire draft.

I really hold extra value in players' ability to put up points right away in a league that's brand new to them. With Bouchard, it was his fourth year in the league.

Not like Bouchard put up 25 goals and 87 points in 67 games before this season or anything.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Not like Bouchard put up 25 goals and 87 points in 67 games before this season or anything.
Junior numbers doesn't mean your game will translate. Josh brook just put up basicly the same numbers if you put them over 67 game, with 75 in 59. Nobody knows how they'll do at the next level, personally never liked Bouchard.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Junior numbers doesn't mean your game will translate. Josh brook just put up basicly the same numbers if you put them over 67 game, with 75 in 59. Nobody knows how they'll do at the next level, personally never liked Bouchard.

How do people even make these statements on a prospect site? Josh Brook put up those numbers two season after being drafted.

Anyhow... you don't like Bouchard, I wanted Boqvist but he was taken before and never cared much for Dobson (I seriously doubt his offense will translate to the pros).

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
How do people even make these statements on a prospect site? Josh Brook put up those numbers two season after being drafted.

Anyhow... you don't like Bouchard, I wanted Boqvist but he was taken before and never cared much for Dobson (I seriously doubt his offense will translate to the pros).
I knew this was coming, so what if he putted these numbers after Bouchard, you trying to say Bouchard regressed this season?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I knew this was coming, so what if he putted these numbers after Bouchard, you trying to say Bouchard regressed this season?

Am I on prospect site or what? 18-year stats is not the same as 20 year stats.

Adam Brooks put up 120 points 2 years after his draft year... which is comparable to Connor McDavid's 120 draft year stats, right?

This is why we have NHLE. I'm pretty certain you have no clue about that either.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This guy is stiffer than cardboard, do some yoga or something one of the stiffest looking players I have ever seen.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah but is he showing enough "pace" in his game? If he isn't, it doesn't matter what the points are he's gonna bust harder than Kate Upton.

He was no worse than Edmonton’s 4th best defenceman in the NHL when he was up here and he’s brutalizing the OHL right now. Kid’s gonna be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad