D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He was no worse than Edmonton’s 4th best defenceman in the NHL when he was up here and he’s brutalizing the OHL right now. Kid’s gonna be fine.
I was mocking Craig Button for his lack of pace comments about Bouchard and why he wasnt in his top 50 drafted prospects list.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I was mocking Craig Button for his lack of pace comments about Bouchard and why he wasnt in his top 50 drafted prospects list.

I figured but you never know for sure.

Button is an idiot that just wants a reaction. He didn’t have Boqvist on his top 50 either.

Reactions: 780il

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
18 points through 7 games.

That’s insane for a D man

Reactions: LDN

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Let's be honest about how ugly his skating is though. That would never translate to the NHL.
His skating looked above average at the NHL level when he played with us this year. His first step could use a bit of work, but just because his stride isn't pretty doesn't mean its not NHL level.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

He's absolutely right about the pace comments. It's a major concern of his game that needs to change if he's going to be an impact player at the NHL level so he shouldn't be mocked for that scouting report.

Where Button falls flat is giving a head nod to the ridiculous Reinhart comparison and putting way too much stock into the WJC as he tends to do in his rankings. I believe he was high on Bouchard before Edmonton drafted him, didn't he have "pace" concerns then too? What changed since then?

Reactions: B33K33PING

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
A lot of Islanders fans say he reminds them of Ryan Pulock.

What do you think of the comparison?
Obviously not an Isles fan but a huge Pulock fan. I've followed him for a couple years.

Pretty good comparison imo. I think Bouchard has the potential to be a better passer and transition player. He's well ahead at the same age for sure.

If Bouchard can take the same steps defensively that Pulock did I'll be ecstatic.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
A lot of Islanders fans say he reminds them of Ryan Pulock.

What do you think of the comparison?
Imo it's a decent comparable. Bouchard is quite a bit better offensively at the same age. If he can take the same step defensively that Pulock took then he will be a stud

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Maybe if he did yoga he’d be at 3.0 ppg instead of the 2.57 ppg he’s at these playoffs.

Good for Bouchard but that Guelph defense and goaltending was awful. He skated through 3 Guelph players with no one touching him and then put an unobstructed shot from a bad angle past the goalie. No wonder London is blowing them out in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad