D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Guy wins defenceman of the year and you come in here posting this ****. Get out of here troll.
Ryan Sproul, Anthony DeAngelo, Derrick Pouliot, Kris Russell, David Savard have all won that award in the recent past, doesn't mean much. He was an 8th overall pick known for his offense that went back to the CHL in his d+1. If he didn't put up great numbers that would have been more noteworthy. He still has defensive issues he needs to work on, if he can fix that he'll be on his way to being a top pairing D-man. Curious to see how he develops in the AHL next year, hope he can handle it for the Oilers sake.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ryan Sproul, Anthony DeAngelo, Derrick Pouliot, Kris Russell, David Savard have all won that award in the recent past, doesn't mean much. He was an 8th overall pick known for his offense that went back to the CHL in his d+1. If he didn't put up great numbers that would have been more noteworthy. He still has defensive issues he needs to work on, if he can fix that he'll be on his way to being a top pairing D-man. Curious to see how he develops in the AHL next year, hope he can handle it for the Oilers sake.
He will have the best defensive defender in the OHL this year (Samorukov) most likely as his partner in the AHL next year so that'll definitely help.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Said it before they drafted him, Edmonton is my second team m80. If I'd seen any improvement this year maybe I'd change my mind but I haven't. Nice job labeling any dissent as trolling though

That’s not dissent though. What you said was so blatantly untrue. You had every right to be called out for that m8.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Bouchard obviously won defensemen of the year for a reason. What makes you say Boqvist was better?
By watching multiple games, some in person. You can ask the Knights board, and most would agree with me.
The OHL seems to disagree with you there big guy.
Yea, that basically helps my point. The award doesn't mean very much, he wasn't even a top 3 dman in the league this year; going strictly off points than sure, but all around game definitely not. (Boqvist, Wilde, Hollowell) all had better years.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Yea, that basically helps my point. The award doesn't mean very much, he wasn't even a top 3 dman in the league this year; going strictly off points than sure, but all around game definitely not. (Boqvist, Wilde, Hollowell) all had better years.

Well that’s not what the league thinks is it?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Said it before they drafted him, Edmonton is my second team m80. If I'd seen any improvement this year maybe I'd change my mind but I haven't. Nice job labeling any dissent as trolling though

You're in the evan Bouchard thread.

Right after he won defenceman of the year.

Comparing his hockey IQ to someone that is unconscious.

No reason to take your post seriously.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He definitely needs to improve defensively and use his body more defensively, but he is an offensive d-man. I do not expect his specialty to ever be great defense. I just hope he is more assertive defensively in the future, and I think that will come with maturity and added strength. His hockey IQ is a non issue though.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Bouchard obviously won defensemen of the year for a reason. What makes you say Boqvist was better?
Boqvist is better lmao, that award means nothing, look at the names on that list. Seth Jones, Morgan Rielly among others haven't won that award, the guys who won that award over them are barely NHL players now.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
He's already playing in the playoffs for the Condors in the AHL. He had a goal and two assists for his AHL debut

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
He's already playing in the playoffs for the Condors in the AHL. He had a goal and two assists for his AHL debut
That's cool and I'm aware of it, let's see how he does over a full season, that's all I'm saying.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Yes, that OHL award is meaningless because two WHL guys didn't win it...
You don't get my point that the award doesn't mean that player is 100% sure to succeed at the next level? Why don't you take a look at some of the winners of that award? Other than Doughty, Muzzin and Ellis, the past 15 years worth of winners haven't been top pairing D-men in the NHL.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
The poster said that he has the defensive IQ of an unconscious Yakupov. There's constructive criticism then there's posts that sound like the rambling of a 12 year old. Offer up some constructive criticism that adds value to the thread instead of unfunny one liners and maybe the poster will be taken more seriously. Look at @allhailmatthews post as an example of one that adds value to a thread. It would be nice if we had more of that on this board.

FTR, I have a lot of reservations about Bouchard's game translating to the NHL and have made that opinion known on the Oilers board so I'm certainly no fanboy when it comes to him.
Look at my posts in this thread discussing Bouchard, I've said he needs to clean up his defensive game but I can see him becoming an offensive 3D and even a top pairing guy if he can round out his defensive game.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
You don't get my point that the award doesn't mean that player is 100% sure to succeed at the next level? Why don't you take a look at some of the winners of that award? Other than Doughty, Muzzin and Ellis, the past 15 years worth of winners haven't been top pairing D-men in the NHL.

The last winners who weren't in their D+2 year are Bouchard, Hague, Sergachev, DeAngelo, Ekblad, Hamilton, Ellis and Doughty.

Obviously it doesn't mean he's 100% going to succeed, but good luck trying to downplay that group.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
The last winners who weren't in their D+2 year are Bouchard, Hague, Sergachev, DeAngelo, Ekblad, Hamilton, Ellis and Doughty.

Obviously it doesn't mean he's 100% going to succeed, but good luck trying to downplay that group.
Ekblad and Doughty both won that award in their draft year which is on a different level than what EB did. I've said countless times in this thread that I see EB becoming an offensive 3D with the potential for more as he rounds out his defensive game.

But yes Oilers fans...I'm "downplaying"

Reactions: Canucks1096

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

D+1 for Bouchard isn't really relevant. It's still his 19-year-old season and his fourth in the OHL.

Honestly, him winning the top defender award for the OHL this year was due to a lack of competition, rather than a stand out season by Bouchard. He was a better player for the Knights last year. His defensive play this year suffered from a lack of effort. Offensively he was probably the best Knight defender, but defensively Alec Regula was the best on the Knights.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Ekblad and Doughty both won that award in their draft year which is on a different level than what EB did. I've said countless times in this thread that I see EB becoming an offensive 3D with the potential for more as he rounds out his defensive game.

But yes Oilers fans...I'm "downplaying"

Bouchard was one vote away from winning it in his draft year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad