Lang

Klikorka-Has
Kucerik-Kubicek
Svozil-Volrab
Balaz

Parik
Bednar
Malik
It'll be a stronger team than this year (not a gold threat but better)... Mostly because we'll have more than 1 Dman drafted. Or at least I hope... I expect Kubicek to be drafted at the very least... fingers crossed for Kucerik/Klikorka. Svozil will probably be Top 4 by then... curious where he ends up next season. If he's as good as they say, I think he should go to Sweden. They seem to know what to do with developing D. Interesting call on Rysavy!

Third/Fourth in the pool gets you Finland/Canada. Finland looks very strong next year. Canada is always very strong. Need to beat Austrai and 2 of the big 5 to not get a rough crossover.

Curious where Barinka will be playing. The Q is not working out for him at all.

Let's hope we don't lose our 2 best forwards to injuries!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2020-1-9_19-52-46.png

Again, not sure how I feel about 3 guys from Junior team leaving after tourney.

A nice piece of news.. David Kase is back in the NHL!

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I didn't fully understand the Litmorice part or what Litmorec etc. are? Some special youth team? I know they mentioned it a lot during the U17 (or Junior A challenge, can't remember).

Litoměřice is a team in the 1st League where Academy players play together as a group. It's like a dukla I think? Or that was the concept. Something along those lines, someone may have to correct me.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Litoměřice is a team in the 1st League where Academy players play together as a group. It's like a dukla I think? Or that was the concept. Something along those lines, someone may have to correct me.
I heard Strondala moved too. I think to dukla? Do the academies get along or is it 19 individual academies making profits?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I heard Strondala moved too. I think to dukla? Do the academies get along or is it 19 individual academies making profits?

Oh man. Outside my knowledge. No idea. You'll have to dig around on hokej.cz, the information should be there.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Strondala went back to Kometa which loaned him to Poruba.

Project Dukla/Litomerice is suppose to be about giving proper ice time to young players in 1st league against men. Those young guys are potential members of NT (especially U20). The idea is to play them in roles which they would have in those national teams and give them tough minutes against men. Obviously Litomerice is a regular team so they have their core of regular players. People criticize this project because of lack of ice time for those young players.

Academies are regular parts of their teams. They have silent agreement about not stealing players from each other, but obviously it happens.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Strondala went back to Kometa which loaned him to Poruba.

Project Dukla/Litomerice is suppose to be about giving proper ice time to young players in 1st league against men. Those young guys are potential members of NT (especially U20). The idea is to play them in roles which they would have in those national teams and give them tough minutes against men. Obviously Litomerice is a regular team so they have their core of regular players. People criticize this project because of lack of ice time for those young players.

Academies are regular parts of their teams. They have silent agreement about not stealing players from each other, but obviously it happens.
Thank you!

I read something from Bukac on Facebook that said the NT only had 2 guys from Litmoerice. Is that true? Is it working? The idea is great.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2020-1-11_20-1-44.png

From what I can tell... Bukac is the most pissed off guy in Czech hockey that might actually be able to make a difference. Or he's a constant complainer. Someone on here told me to follow him and he makes a LOT of sense to me.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Thank you!

I read something from Bukac on Facebook that said the NT only had 2 guys from Litmoerice. Is that true? Is it working? The idea is great.

3 - Sik, Strondala, Dajcar

Klejna, Kukla, Mlcak were invited to camp and other tournaments.

The idea is great, but they are trying to have best results. It would be way better if it was more about their development. In best case scenario you would play those young guys more.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
3 - Sik, Strondala, Dajcar

Klejna, Kukla, Mlcak were invited to camp and other tournaments.

The idea is great, but they are trying to have best results. It would be way better if it was more about their development. In best case scenario you would play those young guys more.
I thought Sik was our worst player.

Sounds like they have a great idea but the execution is really lacking. Now if Litmorice had guys from the actual U20 team on it, that'd be great. My understanding is that they have no players on the team that are eligible for next year's U20 team. What is the point? There should be a lot of 18 year olds on this team that can make next year's team.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
View attachment 306227

From what I can tell... Bukac is the most pissed off guy in Czech hockey that might actually be able to make a difference. Or he's a constant complainer. Someone on here told me to follow him and he makes a LOT of sense to me.
Wow this is neat.. I am intrigued to follow him now.
This whole Dukla project is a great idea but needs to be perfected. Guys like Bukac need to keep voicing their opinions.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Wow this is neat.. I am intrigued to follow him now.
This whole Dukla project is a great idea but needs to be perfected. Guys like Bukac need to keep voicing their opinions.
If you're on facebook, I highly recommend it... he seems to have a good opinion about 2x a week.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Bednar, Parik
Has, Klikorka, Kubíček, Svozil ... Jiříček, Krutil ..
Mysak, Pytlik, Novak, Teply, Raska, Prikryl, Gut, Rysavy, Konečný ..

Last edited:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Bednar, Parik
Has, Klikorka, Kubíček, Svozil ... Jiříček, Krutil ..
Mysak, Pytlik, Novak, Teply, Raska, Prikryl, Gut, Rysavy, Konečný ..
Offensive depth is good with a lot of guys being hardworking 200ft players. A lot of size and weight there as well. Especially when adding Muzik.
Defence is better than usual.
Goaltending is great.
Could be a tough team to play against if coached properly. Seems more like a Varada style team which could really work in their favour.

Reactions: Goodman68

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Offensive depth is good with a lot of guys being hardworking 200ft players. A lot of size and weight there as well. Especially when adding Muzik.
Defence is better than usual.
Goaltending is great.
Could be a tough team to play against if coached properly. Seems more like a Varada style team which could really work in their favour.
For Austria maybe.

I guess you can never rule out the possibility of beating a strong opponent, last year's win against Russia being a prime example. But this team is going to be weak, they won't be able to keep up with any of the stronger teams.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
how do those goalies look, is it a strong group or was he just overlooked, as Dobes has been great so far in the USHL.
Bednar was second in European goalies behind Askarov. Got drafted in Round 4 by the Wings. Not sure how many goalies were taken between him and Askarov (maybe 2?).

Parik was the first Czech taken in the 2019 draft by LA in round 3. Also, quite highly rated.

Malik was on the team last year. He didn't get drafted but is pretty solid.

Goalies won't be the issues for the Czechs. They are pretty weak overall this tournament.

Reactions: montreal

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
how do those goalies look, is it a strong group or was he just overlooked, as Dobes has been great so far in the USHL.
Oh, and I was wrong.. got curious and looked it up.. there were 9 goalies taken between Askarov and Bednar. Dobes was taken 2 goalies later. To be honest, I have no idea why he wasn't invited. Plus he's playing on smaller rinks which could benefit him. Strange. My assumption is Parik is the defacto starter, Malik was on the team last year and Dobes will be on it next year but that is a total guess:

upload_2020-12-2_16-13-17.png

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad