WJC: Czech Republic 2020 Roster Talk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Love Bukac. So good to have someone call out stuff like that.
It’s a real shame Dobes couldn’t make it.
More I think about it, less sense it makes. Having said that, we seem to be the least affected by Covid and cuts... Sweden lost a coach, some staff and their 1C. Germans lost Seider and Reichel (personal choice and covid).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This will sound crazy but this is near a dream D for me.. I've been dying to see Masin and Zboril on the national team. Even better that Hronek is there with them! As for the forwards, I love the mix - Kase, Jasek, Lauko, Blumel and Zadina for the future!

I'm not saying the team will win or anything but I'd love to watch this team. Wish Spacek/Kaut had got the invite as well as Vladar.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Dude! Great job with it! Very well written. Very accurate. Except the part where we’re worse than last year ;)
We'll have to see... Last year:

We beat Russia 4-3
We lost to Germany 3-4
We lost to US 4-3 in OT
Then the fun began...
Canada whooped us 7-2

Finished 4th

Sweden whooped us 5-0

Taking Russia out clean and going to OT with US is a great result. The 2 whippings and loss to Germany (who played better and deserved to win) left a bad taste.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
it’s the same every year isn’t it? Haha love it though! There’s always that little bit of hope that comes along right before the game
It was the Varada year when we had a lot of luck and got back Zadina, Necas and Kaut and had Dostal in net. I thought that was going to be our year for a medal. I had a good feeling about that one.

Even the one year before that when we made the Semi's for the first time in forever... I was so excited and then the doors got blown off in the Semi and Bronze game.

I"m a fanatic so I'll love all the teams but those 2 had a good core.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
We'll have to see... Last year:

We beat Russia 4-3
We lost to Germany 3-4
We lost to US 4-3 in OT
Then the fun began...
Canada whooped us 7-2

Finished 4th

Sweden whooped us 5-0

Taking Russia out clean and going to OT with US is a great result. The 2 whippings and loss to Germany (who played better and deserved to win) left a bad taste.

Honestly don’t remember taking USA to OT lol.
But you’re presenting results.
I’m talking about on paper.
Like I said in an earlier post, I don’t expect us to do any better than last year (mostly because of our group and strength of competition).
But purely man to man, I believe this is a better team.
Let’s hope for a surprise.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
This will sound crazy but this is near a dream D for me.. I've been dying to see Masin and Zboril on the national team. Even better that Hronek is there with them! As for the forwards, I love the mix - Kase, Jasek, Lauko, Blumel and Zadina for the future!

I'm not saying the team will win or anything but I'd love to watch this team. Wish Spacek/Kaut had got the invite as well as Vladar.
Unfortunately are both Masin and Zboril busts.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Unfortunately are both Masin and Zboril busts.
Zboril just signed a 1 way NHL contract and has been consistently referred to as the best D on his AHL team. I think he got buried behind an amazing Bruin's D core. He'll get his chance this year no matter what... he'll make the B's and play. If he gets sent to AHL, he is not waiver eligible and I think someone will pick him up. So I give him 1 more year till we call him a bust.

Masin was also buried behind an awesome D core in TB. I'm not sure if he gets another crack at the NHL or not. I'm a HUGE fan of his so hope he does get that chance. If he ends up in Europe he'll end up being one of our best Czech D for years.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Honestly don’t remember taking USA to OT lol.
But you’re presenting results.
I’m talking about on paper.
Like I said in an earlier post, I don’t expect us to do any better than last year (mostly because of our group and strength of competition).
But purely man to man, I believe this is a better team.
Let’s hope for a surprise.
Taking US to 4-3 (without Lauko or Jenik after the 1st) was the PEAK of our tourney.. next 2 games were asskickings.lol I really enjoyed watching last years team. I always thought they could've got to medal round if Jenik and Lauko didn't both get hurt. The irony that it was Michal Pivonka's son Jake who took out Jenik is still burning me inside.haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nothing stood out as a surprise to me... I was hoping to see Pistek, Ivan and Brabanec but I'm currently not seeing any major omissions? D had the returning 4, the drafted Krutil and the 2 new wonder kids. If they can pair up Svozil/Jiricek with returning 19 year olds like Has and Kubicek it could work out well. Goalies are who we all expected (Dobes is still a strange one but Malik and Parik played for us last year and Bednar was a higher pick). Curious what our top 6 and power play units look like. Hopefully no staff or players get sick before boarding plane on Sunday! Edmonton is Covid hell right now so I hope the staff has a very short leash on the players.

RAlfie35

Apr 8, 2019
A bit surprised that Martin Rysavy was cut. Any insight from someone who knows more about Czech hockey than I?

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Nothing stood out as a surprise to me... I was hoping to see Pistek, Ivan and Brabanec but I'm currently not seeing any major omissions? D had the returning 4, the drafted Krutil and the 2 new wonder kids. If they can pair up Svozil/Jiricek with returning 19 year olds like Has and Kubicek it could work out well. Goalies are who we all expected (Dobes is still a strange one but Malik and Parik played for us last year and Bednar was a higher pick). Curious what our top 6 and power play units look like. Hopefully no staff or players get sick before boarding plane on Sunday! Edmonton is Covid hell right now so I hope the staff has a very short leash on the players.
Yeah looks like a decent team eh? Haha. No honestly it’s just nice to see no controversial cuts and no illness. Svozil and Jiricek still being there makes me extremely happy as well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Agreed. Good to see then being brave and taking the youngsters!
And Krutil... like I say, maybe 5 years from now, we llook back and we had 3 or 4 NHL dman on this squad. I am a fan of Kubicek, Klikorka (who I was opposed to making the team last year but really enjoyed watching), Svozil, Jiricek and I love Has. I don't know enough about Krutil to be honest. Kucerik didn't stand out one way or the other to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad