Czech Republic: Czech National Team (A, U20, U18, U17, U16)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U20, U18, U17, U16

I added all remaining games that are going to be played to the first post. There is a lot of that, so excuse that I'm not going to make all eliteprospects rosters this time and I just copied that:).

U20 is going to play training game against U18 and then will travel for some games to Sweden, roster:

Goaltenders:
Libor KašÃ­k
Tomáš Král

Defensemen:
Zdeněk Čáp
Vladimír Eminger
Filip Pavlík
Jakub Šaur
Tomáš Valenta
Petr Zámorský
Michal Žvatora

Forwards:
David Dvořáček
Tomáš Fořt
Petr Holík
Jaromír Kverka
Tomáš Nosek
Tomáš Pacanda
Daniel Přibyl
Jiří Půhoný
Marek Račuk
Tomáš Rubeš
Adam Řehák
Jakub Strnad
Michal Vachovec

U17 is going to play 3 games in Switzerland, roster:
Kometa Group: Klimeš Lukáš, Sedlák Jan
HC Rebel Havlíčkův Brod: Dolejš Daniel, Šulák Libor
BK Mladá Boleslav: Marek Ladislav, Kůrka Jiří
Bílí Tygři Liberec: Plutnar Michal, Psota Matěj, Mikyska Josef
HC Oceláři Třinec: Jonáš Michal, Franek Tomáš
KLH Chomutov: Havel Radek, Fronk Jiří
HC Dukla Jihlava: Tobola Hynek
AZ Havířov: Ryška Filip
HC Plzeň 1929: Kubík Matyáš
Lukko Rauma (Finsko): Soumelidis Euvstathio
HC Vagnerplast Kladno: Machač Patrik
HC VCES Hradec Králové: Nedvídek Lukáš, Procházka Michal
HC Olomouc: Peštuka Jiří
HC Energie Karlovy Vary: Zadražil Matěj, Tomeček Vojta

U16 will play 3 games in Slovakia, then 4 games against clubs in Sweden and then finish the season with 3 games against Russia at home.

roster for games in Slovakia:
Tadeáš Dvořák – HC České Budějovice
Miroslav Svoboda – HC Vsetín
Tomáš Andrlík - HC Plzeň 1929
David Němeček – HC Plzeň 1929
Dominik MašÃ­n – HC Slavia Praha
Alex Pisarik – HC Oceláři Třinec
Lukáš Klok – HC Vítkovice Steel
David Pop – HC Vítkovice Steel
Roman Čermák – HC Dukla Jihlava
David Sysala – HC Vítkovice Steel
Roman Přikryl - HC Plzeň 1929
David Ballner – HC Vítkovice Steel
Mikuláš Rimmel – HC Vítkovice Steel
Marek Pulkráb – HC Sparta Praha
Jakub Gelnar – HC Poruba
David Cienciala - HC Oceláři Třinec
Sebastian Gorčík – HC Energie Karlovy Vary
Václav Pašek – HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice
Augustin Vojtěch – HC Olomouc
David Kampf – KLH Chomutov
Martin Kohout – HC Vsetín
Jiří Kepka - HC Plzeň 1929

roster for games in Sweden and against Russia:
Tadeáš Dvořák – HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice
Lukáš Langer – HC Sparta Praha
Miroslav Svoboda – HC Vsetín
Jindřich Pacl - HC Plzeň 1929
Tomáš Andrlík - HC Plzeň 1929
Martin Kokeš – HC BENZINA Litvínov
David Němeček – HC Plzeň 1929
Jan KošťÃ¡lek – HC Sparta Praha
Alex Rašner – HC Olomouc
Michal Beránek – HC Bílí Tigři Liberec
Dominik MašÃ­n – HC Slavia Praha
David Bunda – HC Vagnerplast Kladno
Alex Pisarik – HC Oceláři Třinec
Jan Štencel – HC Slezan Opava
Lukáš Klok – HC Vítkovice Steel
Ťoupal Jonáš – HC České Budějovice
Roman Čermák – HC Dukla Jihlava
Pokorný Dominik - HC Vsetín
David Sysala – HC Vítkovice Steel
Ondřej Kopta – HC Plzeň 1929
Roman Přikryl - HC Plzeň 1929
Dominik Kubalík - HC Plzeň 1929
David Ballner – HC Vítkovice Steel
Patrik Zdráhal – HC Vítkovice Steel
Rimmel Mikuláš – HC Vítkovice Steel
Adam Zbořil - HC Kometa Brno
Marek Pulkráb – HC Sparta Praha
Ondřej Kovářů- HC Dukla Jihlava
Václav Krudenc – HC Sparta Praha
Jan Mandát - HC Dukla Jihlava
Richard Nebeský – HC Letci Letňany
Luboš Rob - HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice
Jakub Gelnar – HC Poruba
Jakub Vrána – HC Letci Letňany
Jakub Vrána – HC Energie Karlovy Vary
Václav Krudenc – HC Sparta Praha
David Cienciala - HC Oceláři Třinec
Miroslav Indrák – IHC Komterm Písek
Sebastian Gorčík – HC Energie Karlovy Vary
Václav Pašek – HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U17

results from Switzerland:

31.03. 2011: SUI-CZE 2-1 SO (Mikyska)
01.04. 2011: SUI-CZE 2-1 (Soumelidis)
02.04. 2011: SUI-CZE 0-2 (Fronk, Zadražil)

Siftak

May 5, 2010
Many really bad players here. Several underage players should have been there.

I have red many posts of you, and sometimes didnt agreed with you, but how it comes, at the end you were usualy right... So who are the players of current roster for U18 who would you like to kick of?

Tell us... please...

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
IMO, underage players should have been in preliminary roster:
D Ronald Knot
F Dominik Volek
F Patrik Machac
Maybe G Marek Langhamer is another one.

Langhammer, Knot, Machac and maybe Plutnar. I´m not fan of Volek.
Langhammer is better than Pavelka and Bartosak despite of being underager. Knot is better than both his teammates from Slavia, Jenik and Ruzicka. Machac is better than guys like Koblasa, Svihalek, Matai, Hampl and some others. Plutnar is smooth skating D with good puck skills.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
I have red many posts of you, and sometimes didnt agreed with you, but how it comes, at the end you were usualy right... So who are the players of current roster for U18 who would you like to kick of?

Tell us... please...

Some of the worst guys were already released but there are still guys like Ruzicka, Moravec, Koblasa or Hampl who are just terrible.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Some of the worst guys were already released but there are still guys like Ruzicka, Moravec, Koblasa or Hampl who are just terrible.

Thx for your thoughts. I was thinking in similar way about this preliminary roster, but I think some of those you mentioned will be also released before the tournament so it won't be that bad. And personally I think this team is notably better than last years team, but it's just impression, the tournament will show if it's true.

Siftak

May 5, 2010
Langhammer, Knot, Machac and maybe Plutnar. I´m not fan of Volek.
Langhammer is better than Pavelka and Bartosak despite of being underager. Knot is better than both his teammates from Slavia, Jenik and Ruzicka. Machac is better than guys like Koblasa, Svihalek, Matai, Hampl and some others. Plutnar is smooth skating D with good puck skills.

Good for us that those two probably wouldnt make the net, couse of the Machovsky. I dont know about the Knot, havent seen him in international game, but at Slavia he isnt even close to be as good as any of D who are in the u18 roster right now. May be for the offensive he has a good shot, but to the backwards, ee... Especialy Jenik (who you have mentioned) is poor for the offensice, but in a lot of eyes one of the best D in the work infront of his cage. Why would coach of Slavia A team called him as a 17year old to play 4 or 5 games for the Tipsport Extraligue. I think that if Ruzicka calls someones up, he has to have a reason. The same as Hertl. But Machac sure, he may help but doest have almost no experience even with the Junior league... so... that would be probably the reason why they havent called him up.

Ruzicka sure, he doest cought the speed at the junior league, so here it is even worst. At the puck he is so scare, many times can see him get pass on the def blue line, and he scares to do anythig going everytime back behind the cage, again and again. Same situation when we played the game with the US in Hradec, that was his mistake for the first goal for the US, we could win the game without his huge folt.
Moravec is the half way in and out, in Hradec he played with Hertl very good, and their line were the best of our forwards. Koblasa has his good days and his bad days, but with this team long time, so experiencis talks for him...

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Good for us that those two probably wouldnt make the net, couse of the Machovsky. I dont know about the Knot, havent seen him in international game, but at Slavia he isnt even close to be as good as any of D who are in the u18 roster right now. May be for the offensive he has a good shot, but to the backwards, ee... Especialy Jenik (who you have mentioned) is poor for the offensice, but in a lot of eyes one of the best D in the work infront of his cage. Why would coach of Slavia A team called him as a 17year old to play 4 or 5 games for the Tipsport Extraligue. I think that if Ruzicka calls someones up, he has to have a reason. The same as Hertl. But Machac sure, he may help but doest have almost no experience even with the Junior league... so... that would be probably the reason why they havent called him up.

Ruzicka sure, he doest cought the speed at the junior league, so here it is even worst. At the puck he is so scare, many times can see him get pass on the def blue line, and he scares to do anythig going everytime back behind the cage, again and again. Same situation when we played the game with the US in Hradec, that was his mistake for the first goal for the US, we could win the game without his huge folt.
Moravec is the half way in and out, in Hradec he played with Hertl very good, and their line were the best of our forwards. Koblasa has his good days and his bad days, but with this team long time, so experiencis talks for him...

Knot has made great progress throughout the season, his overall skating ability is better than Jenik´s(Knot has improved skating a lot since the start of the season), I wasn´t fan of Knot at all last season but he is different player than last season. Jenik is a bit better in d-zone coverage but Knot is better skater, has more puck skills and better shot and makes better decision with puck. Knot is also good skater with puck, I saw him go end to end and score goal. BTW, Jenik was awful in Hradec Kralove, his game has regressed since fall. And regarding Extraleague experiences, I saw him play in one game and he looked out of place, his skating shortage was evident and with puck he simply is BAGD(board and glass D). Ruzicka simply needed another body on ice and maybe didn´t want to play Barak :). I saw all this three D play in the same junior game on two occasions and Knot was the best IMO.
Several guys on Czech U-18 have little experience from junior Extraleague.
Moravec is small, can´t skate and overall is useless at international stage as well as Koblasa despite of experiences. Tomek is much better player but coaches don´t like him.

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U16

results in Slovakia:

08.04. 2011: SVK-CZE 4-2 (Ballner, Krudenc)
09.04. 2011: SVK-CZE 4-1 (Pisarik)
10.04. 2011: SVK-CZE 4-2 (Kohout, Krudenc)

... what a joke. Let's hope the coaches at least know now who's got no business being on the team.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
results in Slovakia:

08.04. 2011: SVK-CZE 4-2 (Ballner, Krudenc)
09.04. 2011: SVK-CZE 4-1 (Pisarik)
10.04. 2011: SVK-CZE 4-2 (Kohout, Krudenc)

... what a joke. Let's hope the coaches at least know now who's got no business being on the team.

I saw all games, I like Kohout from CZ team, from slovak team were best for me Torok, Szalay, Paulovic, Listiak, goalies, nice play by Kasanicky, Sloboda and Bobos.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U18

preparation games before WJC-18

03.04. 2011: CZE "18" - CZE "20" 0-1
11.04. 2010: CZE-SVK 3-2 (Faksa, Musil, Rousek)

EDIT: on the final roster won't be BartošÃ¡k, Koblasa, Starý and Zadražil.

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Quite informative review of games in Slovakia by the coach. Worth reading I think.

Interesting, thanks :)

Nice that he can ackonwledge the level of his opponent, though when he says A (that it was far from a top team) he could also say the B (that the opponent was missing several players too) for readers who have no idea about the whole thing. Though he is of course right about the other part about the difference between the top tier teams and even this class for Slovakia as illustrated by the games between Slovakia and Russia this season.

I found really interesting the part when he talks about how many players you´ve got playing U18 and he makes the comparison that we have 5 1995 goalies as No.1 in our U18 league. Of course we can´t forget the difference in the level of both leagues. But I´ve noticed already a longer time ago that the Czech U18 league is much older with many 93´ players than the Slovak one. And then when you look for example at competing with the Swedes who already have some of the best players at this age playing U20 leagues, is it really all that surprising that Czech players who don´t even are the best players on their U18 league teams can´t compete with them. I´m pretty sure there are loads of other reasons for this than that, but isn´t it worth thinking about?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Interesting, thanks :)

Nice that he can ackonwledge the level of his opponent, though when he says A (that it was far from a top team) he could also say the B (that the opponent was missing several players too) for readers who have no idea about the whole thing. Though he is of course right about the other part about the difference between the top tier teams and even this class for Slovakia as illustrated by the games between Slovakia and Russia this season.

I found really interesting the part when he talks about how many players you´ve got playing U18 and he makes the comparison that we have 5 1995 goalies as No.1 in our U18 league. Of course we can´t forget the difference in the level of both leagues. But I´ve noticed already a longer time ago that the Czech U18 league is much older with many 93´ players than the Slovak one. And then when you look for example at competing with the Swedes who already have some of the best players at this age playing U20 leagues, is it really all that surprising that Czech players who don´t even are the best players on their U18 league teams can´t compete with them. I´m pretty sure there are loads of other reasons for this than that, but isn´t it worth thinking about?

Not sure I got your point there. Could you explain that a little bit..

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Not sure I got your point there. Could you explain that a little bit..

I think what Slovakianextone is trying to say is that we have far too many overagers playing in the U-18 league/it's an older league than the slovak one, when they should be playing in the juniors (U-20 teams) or above that. So when we play against the Swedes of the same year group we get thrashed, because many of them are playing in the juniors at the age of 18 (and some I suspect already in the men's A-team). If you take a look at some of the U-20 rosters for extraliga teams, many have overagers on them (although I guess some play in the 1.liga)

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
I think what Slovakianextone is trying to say is that we have far too many overagers playing in the U-18 league/it's an older league than the slovak one, when they should be playing in the juniors (U-20 teams) or above that. So when we play against the Swedes of the same year group we get thrashed, because many of them are playing in the juniors at the age of 18 (and some I suspect already in the men's A-team). If you take a look at some of the U-20 rosters for extraliga teams, many have overagers on them (although I guess some play in the 1.liga)

Exactly. Change in rules two years ago which enabled it was tragic mistake by Czech hockey federation... It´s very bad for Czech U-18(because many players play only in U-18 Extraleague and not junior Extraleague as in the past) and also for U-16(many guys play only U-16 competition and not U-18).

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I see, thx. I guess it's true. Basically we need U16 NT players to play ELSD to be able to compete, U17 to play ELSD/ELJ, U18 to play at least ELJ and U20 to play at least (minimum!!) 1. liga. When considering this that group of 24 ELSD regulars looks too small for U16 NT.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
interesting fact

That yesterday win of U18 was the first win against Sweden at WJC-18 since 2006. There were Neuvirth, Frolík, Tlustý and Voráček on that team.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Robert Reichel is going to be head coach of U16 next season. That's great news :yo:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U20 - results in Sweden

13.04. 2011: CZE-Linköping/HV71 mix U20 8-4 (Eminger, Holík 2x, Pavlík, Přibyl 2x, Rubeš, Řehák)
14.04. 2011: CZE-AIK U20 7-0 (Nosek 2x, Pacanda, Rubeš, Řehák, Šaur, Zámorský)
15.04. 2011: CZE-DIF U20 8-2 (Dvořáček, Fořt, Kverka, Pavlík, Přibyl, Řehák, Valenta 2x)
16.04. 2011: CZE-AIK/DIF mix U20 5-7 (Fořt, Kverka, Pacanda, Půhoný, Smolka)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad