Czech Republic: Czech National Team (A, U20, U18, U17, U16)

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I'm really happy that we have a chance at developing some decent defenders very soon with the likes of Svozil (21'), Tichacek (21'), Jiricek (22') and Hamara (22') being drafted rather early. Let's hope they will be drafted by a well functioning organization (i.e. fingers crossed it's not Buffalo), we cannot afford any losses :laugh:

Maybe it's still very early to tell and I don't want to jinx anything, but are there chances any of those four will enter the league directly after the draft - maybe Svozil and/or Jiricek? Who has the biggest upside of those four?

Defense has been our weak spot for nearly a decade now and I can't remember a time where I have felt that enthusiastic about our hockey nation step-by-step getting back to it's previous position again.

Also, really excited for the WC coming up. Having looked at the rosters of the top 5, I think that we should have a very good chance to win a medal this year. Especially Russia, Finland and Switzerland will be tough competition this year though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm really happy that we have a chance at developing some decent defenders very soon with the likes of Svozil (21'), Tichacek (21'), Jiricek (22') and Hamara (22') being drafted rather early. Let's hope they will be drafted by a well functioning organization (i.e. fingers crossed it's not Buffalo), we cannot afford any losses :laugh:

Maybe it's still very early to tell and I don't want to jinx anything, but are there chances any of those four will enter the league directly after the draft - maybe Svozil and/or Jiricek? Who has the biggest upside of those four?

Defense has been our weak spot for nearly a decade now and I can't remember a time where I have felt that enthusiastic about our hockey nation step-by-step getting back to it's previous position again.

Also, really excited for the WC coming up. Having looked at the rosters of the top 5, I think that we should have a very good chance to win a medal this year. Especially Russia, Finland and Switzerland will be tough competition this year though.
Here is my guess and it could be crazy wrong. Note that I'm basing it on the world being normal and all leagues resuming which is already a stretch.

Svozil goes in round 2... in the AHL or CHL next season.
Tichacek is going to be a late pick (if at all)... probably CHL
Jiricek will be a first rounder the following draft.. I think he'll go to the CHL this season
Hamara is somewhere in first 3 rounds... stays in Finland

Only one I'd say is a 'lock' to be an NHLer is Jiricek and it is still early but I love that guy.lol I hope all 4 leave extraliga though.. watching Svozil get 10 minutes a night with no special teams or critical minutes was infuriating.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
Here is my guess and it could be crazy wrong. Note that I'm basing it on the world being normal and all leagues resuming which is already a stretch.

Svozil goes in round 2... in the AHL or CHL next season.
Tichacek is going to be a late pick (if at all)... probably CHL
Jiricek will be a first rounder the following draft.. I think he'll go to the CHL this season
Hamara is somewhere in first 3 rounds... stays in Finland

Only one I'd say is a 'lock' to be an NHLer is Jiricek and it is still early but I love that guy.lol I hope all 4 leave extraliga though.. watching Svozil get 10 minutes a night with no special teams or critical minutes was infuriating.
Jiricek should get a tons of TOI. The competition amongst defensemen in Plzen isn't as tough as in Brno. I hope he stays. He might as well get a shot in men national team.

Reactions: Voodoozz

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jiricek should get a tons of TOI. The competition amongst defensemen in Plzen isn't as tough as in Brno. I hope he stays. He might as well get a shot in men national team.
I don't disagree but not a fan of exyraliga developing D... plzen has done a great job so far though.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
U18 team that will play 3 matches against Switzerland.

Defensemen:
Antonín Kares
Tomas Cibulka
František Němec
Denis Puchala
Matěj Prcik
Jakub Hrdlička
Filip Krajcik
Tadeas Tuma
Jakub Jerman
Marek Alscher
Ales Cech
Zdeněk Dobes

Forwards:
Jakub Hujer
Vojtěch Polák
Jakub Siller
Marek Soukup
Matyas Sapovaliv
Eduard Sale
Matyas Melovsky
Simon Slavíček
Jiri Kulich
Robin Sapousek
Dominik Rymon
Samuel Smajda
Jonas Jungwirth
Adam Bares
Dominim Petr
Adam Jecho
Tomas Trunda
František Formánek

Reactions: czech

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Wow, I saw half of U17's match with Sui today and I have to say that this was probably the most bizarre performance I've seen from our national team. It was a race for the player to make a stupider mistake and play a more meaningless game:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->