Prospect Info: Cutter Gauthier

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I'm using this (from capfriendly)

If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Cutter was 19 as of September 15th of this season. He turned 20 on January 19th. And isn't an exception to the rule as he did not turn 20 between Sept 16-Dec 31st. The wording on these is tricky but i've seen a Philly website also mention that his ELC would slide as well, before he was traded.
I believe his signing age is technically considered 20 even if he signs now. Again, Boeser appears to be a similar comp and he burned a year after playing 9 games, so unless there is a difference between playing 1 and 9 games, then I’m going to assume his situation is the same as Boeser’s.

EDIT: Boldy is another example. He actually played 0 NHL games after he signed but he still burned after playing AHL games on an ELC. And CapFriendly lists his ELC signing age as 20.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
He only needs 1 game to burn a year. He would need 10 if this were after his freshman year (Clayton Keller is the recent example of this). After his sophomore year, he only needs 1 (Boeser only played 9 after his sophomore year and burned a contract year).

So in looking it up, if you're 19 in the year you sign, the ELC slides if you don't hit 10 games, *unless* you turn 20 after Sep 15 of that same year in which case it only takes suiting up once. I'm not sure if you even technically need to skate a shift, just be in the official lineup.

For Gauthier, he's already 20 so there's no 10 game requirement, but last year he would have needed the 10. If he'd been born a few days earlier (turned 20 before Dec 31 instead of Jan this year) then he only would have needed 1 game last year even if he was 19 when he signed.

Reactions: duxfan1101

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I believe his signing age is technically considered 20 even if he signs now. Again, Boeser appears to be a similar comp and he burned a year after playing 9 games, so unless there is a difference between playing 1 and 9 games, then I’m going to assume his situation is the same as Boeser’s.

EDIT: Boldy is another example. He actually played 0 NHL games after he signed but he still burned after playing AHL games on an ELC. And CapFriendly lists his ELC signing age as 20.

Very interesting on Boldy, that seems to be the exact situation for Cutter. Thanks for the clarification!

Reactions: duxfan1101

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm using this (from capfriendly)

If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Cutter was 19 as of September 15th of this season. He turned 20 on January 19th. And isn't an exception to the rule as he did not turn 20 between Sept 16-Dec 31st. The wording on these is tricky but i've seen a Philly website also mention that his ELC would slide as well, before he was traded.

Also, as per capfriendly, Kellers contract in fact slid in the first season.
If is is signing year, that’s 2024, and he is 20 now. It it is signing season, then he was 19 last September.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
BC's got four of the top-6 scorers in the NCAA today. (Source)

1. Smith, BC (58 pts)
2. Blake, North Dakota (57 pts)
3. Celebrini, Boston U (55 pts)
4. Devine, Denver (54 pts)
5. Cutter, BC (52 pts)
6. Brindley, Michigan (51 pts)
7. McGroaty, Michigan (51 pts)
8. Perreault, BC (50 pts)
9. Leonard, BC (49 pts)

Celebrini and Perreault lead the NCAA in Pts/game with 1.67 ppg.

Cutter and Celebrini are the only ones in the NCAA with 30 or more goals. Cutter with 32 and

Celebrini with 30. They both have a game this weekend. If they both win their games, then they face each for the Big East Championship game.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I'm still upset we passed on Brindley. Yes, a bit undersized but the dude is always buzzing. And lately playing near 2ppg pace.

Small guys always worry me. A lot depends on frame and allusivity, but always worried about injury

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Small guys always worry me. A lot depends on frame and allusivity, but always worried about injury+1000
Small guys always worry me. A lot depends on frame and allusivity, but always worried about injury
+1000 on smaller players being concerning. They are much more prone to concussions since they are small and get hit in the head more by the larger more standard sized players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad