Prospect Info: Cutter Gauthier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Perreault to Gauthier right on his tape, 3-1 BC. Still think they've been outplayed slightly but the defense and Fowler are keeping BU chasing.

All of BC's scoring are on the PP, all three of BC's three goals. I agree with you that at ES, Boston U has been playing better.

I've been flipping between the BU/BC game and UM/MSU (Lev) game.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
This is my third game really watching Gaucher.

I think what will make him successful is his elusiveness around the offensive zone. That goal he scored - went completely under the radar and was open back door.

I don’t find him speedy - per se. Maybe quick, agile?
He reminds me of Laine. But the good parts of course

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is my third game really watching Gaucher.

I think what will make him successful is his elusiveness around the offensive zone. That goal he scored - went completely under the radar and was open back door.

I don’t find him speedy - per se. Maybe quick, agile?
Average skater for me. Not slow. Not blazingly fast. He has good awareness for spacing. Good hands in transition but not a Kane-esque dangler either

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
He reminds me of Laine. But the good parts of course

Yes - offensive instincts are there. Really a joy to watch

Average skater for me. Not slow. Not blazingly fast. He has good awareness for spacing. Good hands in transition but not a Kane-esque dangler either

My only concern about this is will his offensive instincts make up for his skating ‘deficiency’? Or is that overblown?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yes - offensive instincts are there. Really a joy to watch

My only concern about this is will his offensive instincts make up for his skating ‘deficiency’? Or is that overblown?
Deficiency is overblown. I wouldn't sweat it. He skates well enough for the NHL.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This game has really gotten away from BU. Celebrini looked strong in the first two periods but he's been practically invisible in the third.

Reactions: Leonardo87

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hit to the head of Celebrini, speaking of, got a minor upgraded to a major. BU will have a powerplay for almost the rest of this period but putting up four on Fowler this in the zone seems highly unlikely.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
in the few games that i've watched of him, Cutter reminds me of Henrique with a better shot. plays an efficient game, good defensive awareness, not the quickest guy but strong on his skates, knows where to be on offense... just think he will be better at capitalizing on chances than Henrique

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad