CSN Philly coming to a Dish near you ...

OrangeMan

Aug 23, 2005
Comcast is dragging their feet [have been since January 2010], and still not honoring the ruling to let DTV pay for CSN Philly.

if you want the games, here is how to get them until Comcast is finally forced to comply:

Question.. by following your directions will you be able to receive the Flyer's CSN broadcast or just the feed from the opponents network?

Joey Mac

Jan 31, 2009
DirecTV refuses to send someone out here and take their stupid satellite dish off of my new house.

i unfortunately work for directv, but once the dish is on someones house it's their property (i'm sure they told you that)

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
I hope all this **** is settled by next summer so I can get DirecTV finally.

there is another way: if you want the games [but not CSN Philly], here is how to get them until Comcast is finally forced to comply:

you can get the NHL package and DTV now.

a week later, unplug your DTV reciever for a day & tell them you 'moved' to another area of the country. you'll need to come up with an address [that will be your 'service location'] and tell them not to send bills anymore, since you have signed up for online bill payments / account mgt

that 'city' will be your 'home market' [ie: NOT Philly market]

then, the Flyers won't be blacked out on the NHL package. Ever.

then, when CSN Philly goes 'live' on DTV, you can 'move' back into Philly.

the only drawback for you is if you don't get local channels over the air

the most logical area to pick is the NY City area, as then you'll get more regional channels included in your DTV subscription:

MSG / MSG +
YES
SNY [Comcast Sportsnet of NY]

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Any news on this? Buddy owns a bar and wants to switch to Directv. But, not if they don't have CSN Philly.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Gargano & Macnow just said on WIP, if you have DTV [but not Comcast] & want Sixers games, here's all you need to do:

you can add NBA package & tell DTV you 'moved' to another area of the country. you'll need to come up with an address [that will be your 'service location'] and tell them not to send bills anymore, since you have signed up for online bill payments / account mgt

then, the Sixers won't be blacked out on the NBA package. Ever.

the only drawback for you is if you don't get Philly local channels over the air

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Anything happening on this on a more concrete level (i.e. not a loophole to beat the CSN loophole, but rather actual changes coming to the programming)? I'm moving in a couple weeks and desperately do not want Comcast, but also desperately want to watch the Flyers and Phillies.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Anything happening on this on a more concrete level (i.e. not a loophole to beat the CSN loophole, but rather actual changes coming to the programming)? I'm moving in a couple weeks and desperately do not want Comcast, but also desperately want to watch the Flyers and Phillies.

DTV needs to contacts Comcast. if Comcast resists, DTV needs to go to the FCC.

DTV claims they are in negotiations. nobody knows for sure

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
Gargano & Macnow just said on WIP, if you have DTV [but not Comcast] & want Sixers games, here's all you need to do:

you can add NBA package & tell DTV you 'moved' to another area of the country. you'll need to come up with an address [that will be your 'service location'] and tell them not to send bills anymore, since you have signed up for online bill payments / account mgt

then, the Sixers won't be blacked out on the NBA package. Ever.

the only drawback for you is if you don't get Philly local channels over the air
And you are committing fraud.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Cost of doing anticompetitive business for comcast...and who gives a crap what Bernie does and I am sure the morality police on these boards are going to make him feel guilty. Like Protest has noted....I am sure most people on here have pirated music or even better...watched illegal streams of flyers games, movies etc or youtube clips! I mean people post those on here everytime and nobody gets all sanctimonious....

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Cost of doing anticompetitive business for comcast...and who gives a crap what Bernie does and I am sure the morality police on these boards are going to make him feel guilty. Like Protest has noted....I am sure most people on here have pirated music or even better...watched illegal streams of flyers games, movies etc or youtube clips! I mean people post those on here everytime and nobody gets all sanctimonious....

The difference, at least in my eyes, is that watching streams and pirating music are not likely to get you into any real trouble unless you are the one hosting the site or are downloading a thousand songs/movies a day. There is a greater possibility that DirecTV could somehow find out and there could be potential ramifications. How likely is that, I don't know, but more likely than doing those other things.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The difference, at least in my eyes, is that watching streams and pirating music are not likely to get you into any real trouble unless you are the one hosting the site or are downloading a thousand songs/movies a day. There is a greater possibility that DirecTV could somehow find out and there could be potential ramifications. How likely is that, I don't know, but more likely than doing those other things.[/QUOTE

You are still engaging in illegal activities.. just bc you are less likely to get caught doesnt make make it right. .that is the sanctimonious hypocrisy people are engaging on here with Bernie...

John Wayne Gretzky

Dec 14, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
The difference, at least in my eyes, is that watching streams and pirating music are not likely to get you into any real trouble unless you are the one hosting the site or are downloading a thousand songs/movies a day. There is a greater possibility that DirecTV could somehow find out and there could be potential ramifications. How likely is that, I don't know, but more likely than doing those other things.[/QUOTE

You are still engaging in illegal activities.. just bc you are less likely to get caught doesnt make make it right. .that is the sanctimonious hypocrisy people are engaging on here with Bernie...

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The difference, at least in my eyes, is that watching streams and pirating music are not likely to get you into any real trouble unless you are the one hosting the site or are downloading a thousand songs/movies a day. There is a greater possibility that DirecTV could somehow find out and there could be potential ramifications. How likely is that, I don't know, but more likely than doing those other things.

I'm not saying one is right and one isn't, I'm saying the reason I wouldn't do what Bernie is doing is because I don't want to get in any hot water.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm not saying one is right and one isn't, I'm saying the reason I wouldn't do what Bernie is doing is because I don't want to get in any hot water.

Yeah I understand that but it is the moral shtick against Bernie that is hypocritical. Technically this board should be shut down for hosting illegal streaming links if we wanted to get all law abiding ...

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yeah I understand that but it is the moral shtick against Bernie that is hypocritical. Technically this board should be shut down for hosting illegal streaming links if we wanted to get all law abiding ...

I don't think I ever was getting on him for it, just saying that I wouldn't do it. He can do it all he wants. Haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad