CSN Philly coming to a Dish near you ...

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
Just to be clear ... DirecTV checks your credit report. If you have an address that doesn't show up on your credit report, it might get added to it. Now good luck getting rid of it, since you told a company it was a legit address. And if an identity thief uses that address, well, good luck ever find out since you don't get the mail for that address.

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
Yeah I understand that but it is the moral shtick against Bernie that is hypocritical. Technically this board should be shut down for hosting illegal streaming links if we wanted to get all law abiding ...
It is disgraceful that HF allows the linking of illegal streams, IMO.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Just to be clear ... DirecTV checks your credit report. If you have an address that doesn't show up on your credit report, it might get added to it. Now good luck getting rid of it, since you told a company it was a legit address. And if an identity thief uses that address, well, good luck ever find out since you don't get the mail for that address.

that is flat out baloney. if you have DTV, and 'move', they do NOT do a credit check.

also, you can opt to keep your CURRENT address as your BILLING address ...... different from your service location.

has NOTHING to do with your credit report

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
nope. i pay 100% for EVERYTHING that comes to my TV on DTV.

i'm not defrauding any company of anything
DirecTV Customer Service Agreement said:
You agree to provide true and accurate information about the location of your receivers.

Blackouts. Certain programming, including sports events, may be blacked out in your local reception area. Blackout restrictions are decided by the sports leagues and the other entities that own the local broadcast rights. You may visit directv.com for more blackout information. If you circumvent or attempt to circumvent any of these blackouts, you may be subject to legal action.

You are not living up to the terms of the contract.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
here is the latest: http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2012/db0106/DA-12-18A1.txt
The Commission partially exempted Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia from these
requirements because that network was terrestrially delivered before Comcast purchased it.

Given this, the Commission concluded that the method of delivery was not chosen for anticompetitive purposes, and
therefore decided not to subject Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia to its RSN conditions to the extent that the network
was not already available to MVPDs.

The Commission clarified in the Adelphia Order that the program
access conditions would apply to those MVPDs that had a license agreement for Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
pre-merger.

We note that Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia is now also subject to the complaint process
adopted in the 2010 Program Access Order discussed below

Any MVPD seeking access to Comcast SportsNet
Philadelphia may file a complaint pursuant to the procedures established in the rules.

In addition, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia is subject to the program access conditions adopted in the Comcast-NBCU Order.

basically laid out the groundwork for DTV to get CSN philly, now that the NBC-U merger went through

Last edited:

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This is all Bryz's fault....:sarcasm:

But seriously, I was hoping satellite would carry the Flyers b/c I'm so sick of both Comcast and Verzon colluding as monopolies (oligopolies) but it's no surprise they are continuing their anticompetitive business practices.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Fios needs to get TSN in HD. Call me spoiled but I can't stand watching the 5-10 games a year in standard def. Off topic I know but I just needed to get that out there for all the Fios execs who read HF and particularly this thread :laugh:.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Fios needs to get TSN in HD. Call me spoiled but I can't stand watching the 5-10 games a year in standard def. Off topic I know but I just needed to get that out there for all the Fios execs who read HF and particularly this thread :laugh:.

I can't remember since I cancelled my cable for the summer to save cash..but is TSN in HD on Comcast?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm just glad FIOS has CSN Philly. When I moved in 2010 I was sure the FIOS customer service lady was lying to me about that, and I almost got Comcast cable installed even though my new house already had the FIOS connections.

SchennSational1022*

Will I be able to watch the philly feeds finally on DirecTV now with center ice? I live in long island NY.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island

Just to be clear, I've been subbed to Directv now since 1999. I've changed/moved my "location" several times now without Directv checking my credit report. Returned back "home" each time without a question.

BTW, I sent a link to this thread to DirecTV customer service. *If you aren't doing anything illegal or wrong, that shouldn't be a problem, right?
May I ask why you are so headstrong on defending corrupt, manipulative media carriers such as Comcast? Seems like such a backwards, outdated philosophy. I think as an adult, we should always strive to do "the right thing" but I just don't see how this situation fits that mantra. You're not hurting any business in Hockey or Media by moving your location so you can simply watch YOUR team on the carrier you happen to sub to. Were you the guy that outed me in 3rd grade when I gave everyone the answers to the Math test?

At the end of the day, I'm paying my bill. Directv doesn't care as long as they get my money. And neither should you. Give it a rest.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad