CSN Philly coming to a Dish near you ...

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Wonder if this will mean out of market Direct Tv and or DishNet will carry CSN-PHL.

I've been praying for this for years. I get four feeds for every game except Philly's, where I just get the opponents feed. Please PLEASE let me see JJ and crew more than a couple of times per year.:crossfing

Mylec 22

Jun 2, 2010
I've been praying for this for years. I get four feeds for every game except Philly's, where I just get the opponents feed. Please PLEASE let me see JJ and crew more than a couple of times per year.:crossfing

This! Man I really hope that DirecTV will carry CSN-Philly soon.

ShelbyFlyer

Dec 7, 2009
Orange County, CA
The lack of CSN-Philly feed is precisely why I just canceled my NHL Center Ice service on DTV. With the hopes of CSN-Philly with game broadcast. If not I'm going to give NHL Game Center a try this season.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Anyone know if out of market Comcast users can get CSN Philly?

The way it works. If you have Directv you will get the channel. But, all games will be blacked out if you are outside the Philly market. But, if you get Centre Ice/MLB/NBA Season Pass you will get the Philly broadcast. You'll also probably have to subscribe to their sports package. If you want the other Comcast programming.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Big win for all those Comcast customers getting satellite service.

actually, a big win for anyone who wants to get CSN Philly via Satellite service, including those who also have Comcast Cable or
Advanced Cable Communications
Alameda Power and Telecom
Allegiance Communications
Armstrong Group of Companies
Astound Broadband
Bend Broadband
Bermuda CableVision
Blue Ridge Communications
Bresnan Communications
Bright House Networks
Buckeye Cable System/Buckeye Cablevision/Erie County Cablevision (all owned by Block Communications)
CableOne
Cablevision
Cebridge Connections
Charter Communications
Choice Cable TV
Coast Communications Cable Co., Inc. Coastcommunications.com
CommuniComm Services
Cox Communications
Crestview Cable
Cable Systems Incorporated
Fairpoint Communications
Full Channel
General Communications
Graceba Total Communications
Hometown Cable
Insight Communications
Jet Broadband
Kuhn Communications
Lexcom Communications
LIberty Cablevision
Massillon Cable TV
Mediacom
MetroCast Cablevision
Midcontinent Communications
Midtel Cable TV
Millennium Digital Media
Muscatine Power and Water
Nelson Cable
Northland Cable Television
Patriot Media
Qwest Communications
RCN Corporation
Seaport Capital (includes Conversent Communications, Everest Cable, MCV Broadband, Metrocast Communications, Mid-Missouri Telephone and Otelco Holdings)
Service Electric
Spring City Cable
SuddenLink [www.suddenlink.com]
SureWest
Susquehanna Cable
Tele-Media Corporation
Time Warner Cable
Trinity Cable
Truvista Communications
US Cable
Viacom
Verizon FiOs
WB Cable
WOW! Internet Cable Phone

as now they'll all be able to get CSN Philly on the dish ! Pretty great victory, because as it is now, every other Regional CSN [Chicago, SF Bay area etc etc etc] are available on the Dish, except CSN Philly. About time Flyers fans are no longer treated differently than Sharks fan etc etc

The way it works. If you have Directv you will get the channel. But, all games will be blacked out if you are outside the Philly market. But, if you get Centre Ice/MLB/NBA Season Pass you will get the Philly broadcast. You'll also probably have to subscribe to their sports package. If you want the other Comcast programming.

pretty much exactly right:

If you have Directv you can [when it finally goes live] get the channel, but have to subscribe to their sports package.

But, all games will be blacked out if you are outside the Philly market. But, if you get Centre Ice/MLB/NBA Season Pass you will get the Philly broadcast.

Jaydepps

Aug 5, 2006
Greenfield, MA
So being an out of area person with Comcast Cable, the NHL package, and that extra Sports Package, the channel will likely just appear one of these days and be available to watch?

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
Too easy.
as easy as it was to get you to reply to this thread and still pretend that being a Comcast customer means that you cannot also be a customer of a Satellite Company

So being an out of area person with Comcast Cable, the NHL package, and that extra Sports Package, the channel will likely just appear one of these days and be available to watch?

This ruling is about Satellite Companies [and I think competing cable companies as well] getting access to CSN Philly Channel [and other channels, but we'll use CSN Philly in this example].

essentially you are correct:

If you are an out of area person, or a Philadelphia Area person with [or without] Comcast Cable, and you have the NHL package, and that extra 'Nationwide Regionals' Sports Package, the channel [CSN Philly] will likely just appear one of these days and be available to watch on Satellite companies.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
Bernie, your obsession with this issue hasn't gotten any less entertaining... Nor has your argument gotten any smarter.

Big win for all those Comcast customers getting charged out of the ass for their cable. I'll be switching to satellite as soon as CSN is available.

Definitely a good thing for consumers, but the pricing will equalize quickly I'd assume.

fauxflex

Sep 5, 2009
Does this do anything to help out of area Dish owners to get the HD feeds from Comcast? I have Center Ice on Dish Network and for Flyer games I get the opponent feed about 75% of the time. The few times they do have the philly feed it's not in HD.

Also, anyone know if the dispute with MSG networks and Dish Network is resolved? I had all games vs. NJD, NYR, NYI blacked out for most of the season here in central/eastern N.J. tia.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
Of course, satellite companies will have to agree to a fair market price before it appears on any satellite system. That's a point that seems to get missed by our resident Comcast hater.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
Does this do anything to help out of area Dish owners to get the HD feeds from Comcast? I have Center Ice on Dish Network and for Flyer games I get the opponent feed about 75% of the time. The few times they do have the philly feed it's not in HD.

Also, anyone know if the dispute with MSG networks and Dish Network is resolved? I had all games vs. NJD, NYR, NYI blacked out for most of the season here in central/eastern N.J. tia.

This has nothing to do with zoning. It will make a feed available in theory, doesn't mean it will be picked up with regularity necessarily.

Fulton44*

This isn't the first time this has been reported. Comcast always finds another way to appeal and keep this thing tied up in courts, it's been going on for years. I am not holding my breath. Even IF this is finally over and done with it'll probably be a few months before you see CSN Philly on the dish.

Fulton44*

Can someone provide clarification for this. I have the sports pack on Directv right now and get NHL, MLB, and NBA games on regional sports network from markets all over the country, the games are not blacked out.

So if CSN Philly is added and I continue to buy the sports pack, why would games aired on CSN Philly be blacked out?

Furthermore, I always though blackout rules applied to when you WERE in the team's market.

Like I said I need clarification on all of this please.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
Can someone provide clarification for this. I have the sports pack on Directv right now and get NHL, MLB, and NBA games on regional sports network from markets all over the country, the games are not blacked out.

So if CSN Philly is added and I continue to buy the sports pack, why would games aired on CSN Philly be blacked out?

Furthermore, I always though blackout rules applied to when you WERE in the team's market.

Like I said I need clarification on all of this please.

You would get the games through center ice, but CSN only has limited broadcast rights.

Fulton44*

You would get the games through center ice, but CSN only has limited broadcast rights.

Still not understanding.

Like I said, I have the sports pack on directv and watch "out of market" NHL, NBA, and MLB games all of the time on various regional sports channels, no blackouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad