OT: Craig Morgan’s AZ Coyotes Insider Discussion.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I feel like I should subscribe purely on principle as a fellow writer, but I think I'll wait to see what you folks think of it before I plunk down the money.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This was also a good little reminder for me to cancel my Athletic subscription. The site is fine, but there is too much stuff, and now not enough AZ content, and for $72 a year, just not enough bang for the back. Also found the Athletic was trending toward more of the same content as every other sports news site. How many mock drafts can you possibly read?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This was also a good little reminder for me to cancel my Athletic subscription. The site is fine, but there is too much stuff, and now not enough AZ content, and for $72 a year, just not enough bang for the back. Also found the Athletic was trending toward more of the same content as every other sports news site. How many mock drafts can you possibly read?
That Steve Kournianos is a draft content production machine. His personality is a little different, a little abrasive. Other arm-chair scouts do not get along with him. But his podcast features some great material. His website has tons of free profiles and resources. And he’s even now editing together prospect videos. Just churning out a ton of free content.

He’s an amateur, though. Just a really educated and dedicated fan perspective. Honestly, with how imperfect scouting is, I’m not sure how much worse he’d do than any other scout. Haha.

I enjoy his lists, profiles, videos and podcasts, personally.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

Cancelled my Athletic subscription as well. Oddly enough one of my favorite sport sources is free. If you haven’t already, download “The Score” app on your phone. They are extremely up to date (almost to the minute) and you can pick and choose the teams/leagues you want push notifications for. There is also a push notification for all “Breaking News” alerts that I have turned on. I love it. So Craig’s site and The Score app have me more than covered now.

Reactions: Mosby

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Craig’s debut article was an absolute HEATER. The best non-human side of life type article he’s ever written. It was actual tactical analysis from the coaches. Talking about real details of what they’re trying to do on the ice, where they’re falling short, and what they need to key in on.

Refreshing to see Tocchet provide real amswers, instead of stammering and stuttering through worthless cliches. He really makes himself SEEM dumb when he answers hockey questions. But Chayka likes him, so you know he’s not really.

This was good insight (from a very high level, in a very sanitized fashion) on HOW this coaching staff views effective execution from their players. And what we should be looking for to see if it’s working or not.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I subscribed, I'll support Craig for a year, might be some good info. I'll skip one dinner out(with a friend) to pay for it:)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Craig’s debut article was an absolute HEATER
I hope he becomes a hard-hitting journalists and convinces me to spend $5 a month. I just haven't seen anything that suggests it's likely enough to spend $5 a month to gamble on it. But good for him.,

I subscribed, I'll support Craig for a year, might be some good info. I'll skip one dinner out(with a friend) to pay for it
I had to reread this because I was thinking , "dinner for $5? I thought *I* was a cheapskate!"

Reactions: Kaizen

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Best part about the article is in comes right to your inbox and you don’t have to navigate logins and some poorly designed website.

60 bucks is whatever. I piss away more than that on worse things over the course of the year.

Reactions: cobra427

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Yeah his new article was premium. Very well done.

chakya-12-13-620x370.jpg

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I hope he becomes a hard-hitting journalists and convinces me to spend $5 a month. I just haven't seen anything that suggests it's likely enough to spend $5 a month to gamble on it. But good for him.,

I had to reread this because I was thinking , "dinner for $5? I thought *I* was a cheapskate!"
LOL

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Well there's championship cornhole, Korean baseball, professional bowling......

Dont forget online poker and online marble racing.

The marble racing is a thing. John Oliver had a good segment on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad