Craig MacTavish meeting the media

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
The top priority for MacT should be brining in a top pairing defender with lots of experience. The idea of bringing Nurse, Klefbom, Marcincin, etc. into this org, to be mentored by the crap we have on D now is very worrisome.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
i was completely on board with trading our first rounder last year, and i am completely on board with trading it this year as well (assuming that we get a fair deal of course)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So basically it's a "stay the course" and "reassuring the panicking masses" set of remarks from MacT.

Yes that's exactly what he said.

I know you guys hate where the team is, but my god is the comprehension horrible on here.

He clearly talked about needing to add pieces which doesn't equal staying the course, but I guess haters going to hate.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Why is Buffalo improving? They are cleaning house. CBJ has to move Gaborik now.

Just 3 games ago PHI was one of the worse teams in the league. Win 3 and now they are 3 points out of being 19th.

We are far from being a shoe in to pick 1 or 2.

Cleaning house is what Buffalo needs to do to improve. They also play in the East, gaining a few extra wins here and there.

Columbus doesn't run by what Gaborik does, and if they move him they'll probably fleece the other team because they have competent management.

Philly is better than their record. The Oilers are to thank for Giroux and Voracek bustin their slump. They'll score and win more.

The Oilers are status quo. There isn't a team in this league they should beat any day of the week.

It's a shoe in. Mark my words in June.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There are no guarantees, but of all the bottom feeder teams only Florida is in the same calibre in terms of roster. I would have a hard time believing the Oilers will outperform their roster this year unless goaltending starts stealing us wins.

We don't need our goaltending to steal games. We need them to play consistent and not have a spct less than .900.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Cleaning house is what Buffalo needs to do to improve. They also play in the East, gaining a few extra wins here and there.

So they will improve by gutting the roster? Ok...

Columbus doesn't run by what Gaborik does, and if they move him they'll probably fleece the other team because they have competent management.

Since when?

Philly is better than their record. The Oilers are to thank for Giroux and Voracek bustin their slump. They'll score and win more.

But Edmonton is not?

It's a shoe in. Mark my words in June

Suuuuuuuure.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

The Oilers are status quo. There isn't a team in this league they should beat any day of the week.

It's a shoe in. Mark my words in June.

So Philly who sucked last year gets the benefit of the doubt, but the Oilers who were 4 points worse don't?

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
my feelings:

2444868-skelator.jpg

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
So Philly who sucked last year gets the benefit of the doubt, but the Oilers who were 4 points worse don't?

Philly isn't afraid to do stuff to improve. Goaltending is improved over Bryzgalov, who coincidently is now the Oilers problem. Philly plays in the worst division in the NHL, they will get more wins than the Oilers in the hardest division. Not that hard to figure out who will finish lower.

Jun 9, 2011
I would rather keep our first and trade Eberle. Eberle is small and soft.. we know that. MacT saying he is NOT trading any of the 'core' didn't comfort me at all.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Trade Eberle, Klefbom, and 2014 1st round pick for Weber. Nashville has their new franchise dman in Jones, and they get a 1st line RW and can draft a 1st line C in Reinhart. Benefits both teams.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Trade Eberle, Klefbom, and 2014 1st round pick for Weber. Nashville has their new franchise dman in Jones, and they get a 1st line RW and can draft a 1st line C in Reinhart. Benefits both teams.

That's great until Weber says "**** no, I'm not going to play there."

At least Nashville is warm.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Yes that's exactly what he said.

I know you guys hate where the team is, but my god is the comprehension horrible on here.

He clearly talked about needing to add pieces which doesn't equal staying the course, but I guess haters going to hate.

Look he's sticking by the coaching staff and is confident in the long term outlook of the team to become a strong Stanley Cup contender. His words (paraphrased).

He sees obvious holes in the team especially defensively as they aren't a competitive NHL defensive team at this stage in his view but he said the team needs to work through this and to keep pushing as what the coaches are preaching is what the players need to learn. Again paraphrasing.

My point is that from his comments he's looking at minor tweaks rather than large blow up moves. I doubt anyone can argue he inferred anything different than that.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

biggest flaw being that weber fills our biggest hole which takes us out of the top few picks if not the top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad