Coyotes' Tempe Arena Proposal Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I heard today from someone in the Coyotes org that a deal has been reached for the temporary facility. I'm not at liberty to provide any more details than that. Craig Morgan was asked if there is any news on where the Coyotes are playing next season and his response in today's mailbag was:

Not yet, but I suspect an announcement will be forthcoming soon.

If this all pans out, I'm hopeful I can reduce my meds in the near future.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
LOL. You guys are hilarious! (i mean that non-sarcastically)

@TheLegend thank you for doing what you do. To everyone: it's really hard to be a mod while also being a fan and wanting to contribute. Personally am really glad you're part of this team while also being one of the stronger contributors

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I heard today from someone in the Coyotes org that a deal has been reached for the temporary facility. I'm not at liberty to provide any more details than that. Craig Morgan was asked if there is any news on where the Coyotes are playing next season and his response in today's mailbag was:

Not yet, but I suspect an announcement will be forthcoming soon.

If this all pans out, I'm hopeful I can reduce my meds in the near future.
God I hope you're right, having a temporary facility set makes waiting for tempe to have a resolution a little less nerve-wracking. Like if they have a temp arena and tempe falls through, okay you at least have somewhere to play while you work something out with the tribe or whatever, but if tempe falls through and you have no temporary solution set yet...woof

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Fellow Tempeans - OK, I want names. Who of the council and candidates do we think are yes votes on the new arena? Because if they vote yes, I vote for them.

Reactions: Knights2017

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I confirmed with a very trusted source that the info I was given on where the Coyotes are planning on playing next season is accurate. This person said the deal isn't 100% done but is very close.

#TwoWeeks

If you do a group DM, could you tell us? We obviously don't want our salty northern fans and BOHers knowing, but I think the locals and the usuals here in board 40 would love to know! haha

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Hot off the AZ Republic.....

Arizona Coyotes could be featured in NHL showcase games in near future

The NHL has had conversations with the Diamondbacks and Chase Field operators about hosting at least one Arizona Coyotes regular season game at the stadium in the future, a league executive said this week.

It could come in the form of an NHL Stadium Series game, which has been held annually at baseball and football stadiums since 2014.

Steve Mayer, NHL chief content officer and senior executive vice president of Events and Entertainment, said Coyotes management has expressed major interest in bringing a special event to Arizona.
"It is on the list. I can't tell you whether the list has two cities or 30 cities, but I will say it's something that we'd explore," Mayer said. "I can't sit here and deny that, but we are not ready to make any decisions."

Reactions: MIGs Dog

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

Why host one, when you can host 41?

dr-evil-evil-laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad