TSN: Coyotes targeting Duchene, potential capital infusion with new ownership?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sit back and read this and try to get it to make some sense, the Leafs have more Cap space than the Coyotes. And they both have Cap issues to iron out to sign a premier player.
Correct, but the Yotes have much more talent. :sarcasm:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sounds like the Karlsson deal is actually 11.5.

Skinner gets 9. Karlsson gets 11.5. I think Duchene squeezes between there somewhere.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It would be position dependant for me as in standings. If we were near the top and a great 1st line rental was available I would give up an asset for the chance as you just never know???
That's the only way. We won't have to worry about though, because we could start the year with the same C's we had at the end of last year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe, but Chayka wants Schmaltz as a C. I think it was you that also wants Schmaltz as a C.
Come on man. He wants Schmaltz as a C out of necessity. Things change with opportunity.

Guy before he wins the lottery:
1. I really like driving for Lyft on nights and weekends. It’s a good supplemental income to my job as a school teacher and I get to drive around and talk to people.

2. I got a great deal on this used Prius. It’s a little dinged up and I don’t love the color, but it was good value and it helps with the gas mileage when I’m working for Lyft for extra cash.

Guy after winning the lottery:
“I’m quitting both shitty jobs, I’m giving that shitty Prius to my neighbor for free and I’m buying that Mercedes Benz I’ve always dreamed of. “

Jakey53:
“How could you?!?!? You lied to us!!!!”

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I didn't think Karlsson would stay in San Jose. Do they have room for Pavelski after this signing of EK?

I think the Sharks-fans now expect a super-teamfriendly contract to be signed by Thornton... Perhaps also a team-friendly contract by Pavelski? He is 34.

But they talk about moving players. Yeah.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Come on man. He wants Schmaltz as a C out of necessity. Things change with opportunity.

Guy before he wins the lottery:
1. I really like driving for Lyft on nights and weekends. It’s a good supplemental income to my job as a school teacher and I get to drive around and talk to people.

2. I got a great deal on this used Prius. It’s a little dinged up and I don’t love the color, but it was good value and it helps with the gas mileage when I’m working for Lyft for extra cash.

Guy after winning the lottery:
“I’m quitting both ****ty jobs, I’m giving that ****ty Prius to my neighbor for free and I’m buying that Mercedes Benz I’ve always dreamed of. “

Jakey53:
“How could you?!?!? You lied to us!!!!”
You are putting words in Chayka's mouth. It might work this way, or it may not. If we are lucky enough to sign Duchene, would you rather have Stepan or Schmaltz as our 2C?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The discussion is Stepan as a number 3 center if by some miracle the Coyotes can sign Duchene..
Stepan isn't going to be a 3C until Dvo or Hayton step up. Even if that happens, Dvo and Hayton are underpaid. Nothing changes in the two years we have of Stepan's contract.

If that plan involves only signing Duchene in next couple of years the conversation might be pretty short unless you are a lot more optimistic for this roster than I am

Galchenyuk, Stepan, Goligoski, Demers, Hammer, Richardson, Grabner, to say nothing of Hossa and Ribiero all come off the books in "a couple years" or sooner. So I imagine we'll see a lot moves in the next "couple years" and our roster looks quite a bit different in the summer of 2021, wouldn't you?

Reactions: rt

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Stepan isn't going to be a 3C until Dvo or Hayton step up. Even if that happens, Dvo and Hayton are underpaid. Nothing changes in the two years we have of Stepan's contract.

Galchenyuk, Stepan, Goligoski, Demers, Hammer, Richardson, Grabner, to say nothing of Hossa and Ribiero all come off the books in "a couple years" or sooner. So I imagine we'll see a lot moves in the next "couple years" and our roster looks quite a bit different in the summer of 2021, wouldn't you?
I dont think you get a premier free agent with "wait out our present average players contracts" but maybe that's me.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Dvorak?

Richardson is 4th line

Duchene/Hayes
Stepan
Dvorak
Richardson

Wouldn't even care if you put Dvo on the "fourth" line, because we'd have actual NHL depth.
At least three of Grabner, Garland, Crouse, Vinnie, Keller, Galchenyuk, etc are playing in the bottom six with Dvo and Richardson at center there.

Vinnie- Duchene- Galchenyuk
Crouse- Stepan- Schmaltz
Grabner- Richardson - Garland
Cousins- Dvo- Keller

For example. You can mix and match guys all over the lineup, but the fourth line center would actually have some talent this year (assuming we sign another legitimate C).

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hayton isn't going back to juniors, IIRC Chayka, himself, said something to the effect that there was nothing left for Barrett to prove in Juniors. In order to fit in Duchenne, we are going to have to move either Stepan or Dvorak. I know that Dvorak is an HF favorite, but he's been mostly all promise and very little production. I suspect that he gets moved should we sign Duchenne.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Hayton isn't going back to juniors, IIRC Chayka, himself, said something to the effect that there was nothing left for Barrett to prove in Juniors. In order to fit in Duchenne, we are going to have to move either Stepan or Dvorak. I know that Dvorak is an HF favorite, but he's been mostly all promise and very little production. I suspect that he gets moved should we sign Duchenne.

Dvorak didn't have a lot of time to produce last season.

Reactions: Mosby and Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Chayka says a lot of things. Doesn't matter until camp. If the sale gets done, you can throw away anything he said prior to the money coming in anyway. I don't mind Dvorak or Hayton at wing if it meant adding Hayes/Duchene either. Richardson at 34 may not be cut out for big minutes either.
I'm not worried about finding a spot for Hayton until he shows he is actually ready to be here.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Chayka says a lot of things. Doesn't matter until camp. If the sale gets done, you can throw away anything he said prior to the money coming in anyway. I don't mind Dvorak or Hayton at wing if it meant adding Hayes/Duchene either. Richardson at 34 may not be cut out for big minutes either.
I'm not worried about finding a spot for Hayton until he shows he is actually ready to be here.

Hayton needs to earn his spot. I’d rather run Richie until his contract is up. Hayton can be on the team when Richie leaves

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
14+Hossa to Ottawa for 19+2020 2nd (latter of the 3 they have).

Coyotes clear $5.275 of cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad