TSN: Coyotes targeting Duchene, potential capital infusion with new ownership?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You are responsible for 98% of all Leafs discussion on this sub-forum.
I only answer when they are suggested. Now for Marleau vs Stepan. Marleau played most of year with Kadri and Brown. I don't think he benefited greatly from that??? And he will require an asset added and maybe retention. Yet you think Stepan from last season is an easy trade??

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Yes he can.
My goodness, let's stop worrying about the little stuff. If we land Duchenne, 2,3 and 4C will be a mix and match between Dvo/Step/Richie/Hayton depending upon play and match up.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Everything fits if you assume: a cap greater than 81M, Duchene for 10M, Crouse for about 2M, Archibald for less than 1M, and not re-signing Cousins. Done.

Keller Duchene Schmaltz
Gally Stepan Hinostroza
Crouse Dvorak Garland
Grabner Richie Fischer
Archibald

OEL Demers
Chychrun Hammer
Goose Oesterle
Capo Bush

Raanta
Kuemper

Looks pretty good.
Capo's in Tucson, Fischer is probably gone, Cousins or Archibald can be buried in Tucson as well. These are not players we should be worried about losing if we gain a legitimate NHL C in Duchene or Hayes.

It's crazy talk.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Lebrun:
Don’t count the Blue Jackets out just yet on pending UFA star centre Matt Duchene. A source said Thursday that Columbus remains in the mix. I don’t believe Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen has made a firm contract offer yet, I think he’s waiting to know from agent Pat Brisson when and if they would be ready to get serious that way. My sense is the Duchene camp would want to keep Columbus in the fold while also talking to teams to compare what’s out there. Brisson is slated to take phone calls from teams Sunday/Monday then decide on potential visits. Does Duchene visit interested teams or do those teams go to CAA’s offices in L.A.? Still to be determined. There’s potential interest in places like Nashville, Dallas and Arizona.

LeBrun Notebook: Salary cap will be lower than teams hoped,...

Last edited:

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He also has Nashville linked to Perry. Hopefully they piss away their limited cap space there.

Does he want to be a 2C in Dallas behind Seguin?

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
He also has Nashville linked to Perry. Hopefully they piss away their limited cap space there.

Does he want to be a 2C in Dallas behind Seguin?

Right? Also I can't tell if I am reading this right. Is LeBrun saying potential interest from Arizona, Dallas, and Nashville? Or is he saying Matt has potential interest in those three destinations?

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Right? Also I can't tell if I am reading this right. Is LeBrun saying potential interest from Arizona, Dallas, and Nashville? Or is he saying Matt has potential interest in those three destinations?

I read it as the latter based on the way its worded but who knows

Reactions: RABBIT

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Eh, none of it means anything until 1 July. Wouldn't be the first time our interest was used to raise prices offered by a preferred destination. I wouldn't build a plan around Duchene. Wouldn't stop me from making a single move tomorrow or next week. We should still be kicking these tires when able though.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->