TSN: Coyotes targeting Duchene, potential capital infusion with new ownership?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
4efNxYS_d.jpg

Holy shit

Dreger said he’s our primary target and that there is injection of capital with new ownership

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Also not sure I love going all in on UFA Duchene, passing up on trades along the way, and early days UFAs while Duchene PJs around acting like he’s Tavares, only for us to lose him to the Islanders. Then we’re sitting there with no options left on the table.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

rt

May 13, 2004
He's still a light weight with mediocre offense. He's not a bad player, but it'd be nice if we had more than one or two 200lb forwards.

It's not enough for Kadri, I suspect, and SJ has less than zero interest at Marleau with a $3.1M caphit, I would guess. Noone is giving us an asset for Marleau. Even at 50%.
Calling a 2022 7th an asset is a bit of a stretch. Haha. As for Kadri, what do we add? Fischer?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Doing no big moves wouldn't be a catastrophe. We'll be in the wild card fight with or without Duchene/Kessel.

Reactions: Sinurgy

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Vinnie- Duchene- Galchenyuk
Crouse - Stepan- Schmaltz
Grabner- Richardson - Garland
Hayton- Dvo- Keller
Cousins, Archibald

Just adding Duchene lets you hide guys. If we get an asset with Marleau or pick up another free agent in the MoJo, Ferland, Dzingel-tier we push people even farther down and would be able to send Hayton back for another year.
If we add a Maroon, Chiasson player, we can still push Hayton out.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I have a strong preference for the UFA market over the trade market. I like Duchene's style of play and think he'd be a good fit here. I'm apprehensive of the contract size and length, though I think Chayka has done well with contracts. I'm excited about this news.

Keller - Duchene - Schmaltz
Gally - Dvorak - Garland
Crouse - Stepan - Fischer
Grabner - Richardson - Hinostroza
Cousins

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Duchene has said from the start and again on Spittin Chicklets this week the primary piece in his decision next month will be hockey. He wants to go to a team that shows a great chance of winning. I like where we are heading but I don't see how the Coyotes can check that box off??

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Not sure Duchene is our best bet...unlikely he signs in the desert...but sure exciting to see getting a marquee player is an option (potentially).

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Duchene has said from the start and again on Spittin Chicklets this week the primary piece in his decision next month will be hockey. He wants to go to a team that shows a great chance of winning. I like where we are heading but I don't see how the Coyotes can check that box off??

Our biggest competition is Nashville I would think.

I think we’re about equal to Montreal competitively.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Our biggest competition is Nashville I would think.

I think we’re about equal to Montreal competitively.
Columbus? And who knows else. But I can't see how our pitch could peak his interest.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I guess the sort of lingering question I'd have is, in the clip he says "perhaps there's more capital to work with". Is that merely informed speculation based on the idea that we are in fact targeting Duchene, or is it an actual rumor with substance behind it by itself? Sounds more like the former.

Random thought: If negotiations with Columbus break down why not trade for his rights?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Injection of CAPITAL! Don't want any part of Duchene, but the thought of chasing a guy with that price tag is hopefully good news!

rt

May 13, 2004
He’s going to sign a seven year deal. Detroit and LA were hot shit seven years ago. The Kings and Devils were on top. Vancouver, too. Hell, even the Yotes made the Conference Finals.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He’s going to sign a seven year deal. Detroit and LA were hot **** seven years ago. The Kings and Devils were on top. Vancouver, too. Hell, even the Yotes made the Conference Finals.
Of course. 4 teams rumoured so far. Columbus, Nashville, Montreal, and AZ. Make the case for AZ . We aren't there yet but we are moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad