Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Dmitrij Jaškin (KHL) - 1 year/$3.2M

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I dont see the harm in giving this guy a chance over some like Fischer, Hunt and Hayden. Those three have accounted for 4g - 10a - 14p in 83 combined games. I like my chances for one of the KHL leading scorers to contribute more than 4g - 10a - 14p in a single season.
Who signed Hunt and Hayden? The way it looks BA loves to dumpster dive. You can spin all you want but this is a nothing signing.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
As I understand it the Blues waived him and so did the Caps. He already had a second chance with the Caps and they waived him and no other team claimed him. If he was 23 or 24 I would be fine to give a guy a second chance, but at 28 no thank you. If I'm looking for a positive I guess it would be that he will replace Fischer or some other bottom six dead beat we have.
Jaskin wasn't waived by the caps. He stayed the year but didn't dress all the games and as a free agent elected to go to the khl instead.

He wasn't exactly terrible in his time in the NHL but he was only a 4th liner who could play defense, hit, and keep possession but with almost no scoring ability

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jaskin wasn't waived by the caps. He stayed the year but didn't dress all the games and as a free agent elected to go to the khl instead.

He wasn't exactly terrible in his time in the NHL but he was only a 4th liner who could play defense, hit, and keep possession but with almost no scoring ability
Can't wait to see him on our first line. Just waiting for BA to give RT a four contract. Why stop the dumpster diving now.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Insurance when we lose Fischer to expansion.
I can't imagine takes Fischer unless we give them a draft pick to do it. Or maybe give them an asset for a pick a bit lower than we'd like. Kuemper for their 3rd and a promise to draft Fischer, or something.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I can't imagine takes Fischer unless we give them a draft pick to do it. Or maybe give them an asset for a pick a bit lower than we'd like. Kuemper for their 3rd and a promise to draft Fischer, or something.
Who exactly are we scared they are going to take?

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is the equivalent of a NCAA free agent except u know the guy can play in the bottom 6. Nobody is expecting the next Panarin. He’s insurance for a guy who has a single goal this year.
Anybody can play in our bottom six. I wonder if BA was hoping to get more from his singings, and if he was, he could be blaming the coaching, and if that's the case, that is hopefully another nail in RT's coffin.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Anybody can play in our bottom six. I wonder if BA was hoping to get more from his singings, and if he was, he could be blaming the coaching, and if that's the case, that is hopefully another nail in RT's coffin.
Why don’t we wait for actual free agency before we criticize that aspect of his job.

i think we will get to free agency on the coach as well. That process is not related to this signing.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Why don’t we wait for actual free agency before we criticize that aspect of his job.

i think we will get to free agency on the coach as well. That process is not related to this signing.
I was referring to who he signed for this year. I would think he expected much more.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Who signed Hunt and Hayden? The way it looks BA loves to dumpster dive. You can spin all you want but this is a nothing signing.
Armstrong still didnt fully understand the current roster he had to work with when he got here (who he liked and who he didnt like). He needed to round out the roster in short order. At the time of the Hunt signing I thought he was a solid gamble. A player that never really got his shot. It hasnt worked out obviously.

The Jaskin signing however, you call this dumpster diving.... I call this a calculated low risk high reward gamble. If Armstrong is able to hit on this player that would be a big development for a team with very limited draft capital.

One of the biggest disappointments of this team IMO is the lack of offense coming from the 4th line. If Jaskin can come in and produce 10-12 goals I would consider that a win. That type of production from a 3rd/4th line winger could've very well been the difference in a handful of valuable points this season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Armstrong still didnt fully understand the current roster he had to work with when he got here (who he liked and who he didnt like). He needed to round out the roster in short order. At the time of the Hunt signing I thought he was a solid gamble. A player that never really got his shot. It hasnt worked out obviously.

The Jaskin signing however, you call this dumpster diving.... I call this a calculated low risk high reward gamble. If Armstrong is able to hit on this player that would be a big development for a team with very limited draft capital.

One of the biggest disappointments of this team IMO is the lack of offense coming from the 4th line. If Jaskin can come in and produce 10-12 goals I would consider that a win. That type of production from a 3rd/4th line winger could've very well been the difference in a handful of valuable points this season.
BA deserves more time before we can be too critical, and I understand where you are coming from, but all of his signings have been dumpster diving in my eyes, but let's see what happens in the next few months.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
BA deserves more time before we can be too critical, and I understand where you are coming from, but all of his signings have been dumpster diving in my eyes, but let's see what happens in the next few months.
Sure. I do think there have been small wins so far. Larsson and Pitlick I have been happy with.

I am really looking forward to this offseason. Armstrong is going to have a ton of cap space to play around with and I kind of expect a core player or two to be moved.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Also posted to the team discussion thread.

Morgan confirming Jaskin will sign July 28th.

Jaškin to join Coyotes
Remember all of those Russian reports that had the Coyotes poised to sign KHL leading scorer Dmitrij Jaškin? They were correct. Sources finally confirmed that Jaškin’s signing will be announced on July 28, the opening of free agency. Ian Oland reported that Jaškin will sign a two-year $3.6 million contract. I have not confirmed those numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad