Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Dmitrij Jaškin (KHL) - 1 year/$3.2M

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Jaskin knocked Chara on his ass earlier this season and it was great to see. Dude is a best physically.

Yep. He was the most physical Coyote.

Screenshot_20211115-040221.png

Reactions: rt

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Ouch. 1 point in 12 games won't go down as one of the more consequential signings in team history, but hopefully in his absence there will be an opportunity for ... [looks at Tucson roster] ... uhh ... for, uhh ...
Exactly. Who are we gonna call up?
At this point we mighht be forced to trade a pick away for a player and i don't like that.
We need a solution and it has to be a fast one.

In the off season i wanted us to get Kahun, well he has an opt out in his contract in Switzerland so why not give him a call.
League minimum.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Exactly. Who are we gonna call up?
At this point we mighht be forced to trade a pick away for a player and i don't like that.
We need a solution and it has to be a fast one.

In the off season i wanted us to get Kahun, well he has an opt out in his contract in Switzerland so why not give him a call.
League minimum.
No trading picks unless it’s for a better prospect or better pick. There’s plenty of scrapyard players to be found.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
You know who else is not on that list? Christian Fischer. He dropped the physical play from his game this year.
It's funny because I've noticed Fischer more this year than any other year (for better or worse) and there's been times when he's looked quite solid and used his body. Maybe his hits have been down but I think his physical game has been up (rubbing people out along the boards, using his body for positioning and what not).

Reactions: Jakey53

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
It's funny because I've noticed Fischer more this year than any other year (for better or worse) and there's been times when he's looked quite solid and used his body. Maybe his hits have been down but I think his physical game has been up (rubbing people out along the boards, using his body for positioning and what not).

You're not the only one that has mentioned he has been more noticable this year.

Please dont take this the wrong way but he has likely been more noticable because everyone else has been so damn putrid.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
You're not the only one that has mentioned he has been more noticable this year.

Please dont take this the wrong way but he has likely been more noticable because everyone else has been so damn putrid.
I 100% agree with you.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Bingo. Last year I thought there couldn't be a talent level lower than Fischer. I was wrong.:)

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016

The present version of Fischer has looked much better than the previous two years. That assessment can be made based on the player's individual history, and not because of how bad the rest of the roster is this year. Sure you can want him to be more physical but that just isn't who he is as a player. He doesn't seem to have the personality to be the power forward people want him to be. Tourigny may be using him differently than Tocchet and the latter absolutely neutered any offensive output we saw from him in his first year in the league. He can still be a useful bottom six forward and he has been able to produce a little more offensively this year even though it has been a small sample size.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The present version of Fischer has looked much better than the previous two years. That assessment can be made based on the player's individual history, and not because of how bad the rest of the roster is this year. Sure you can want him to be more physical but that just isn't who he is as a player. He doesn't seem to have the personality to be the power forward people want him to be. Tourigny may be using him differently than Tocchet and the latter absolutely neutered any offensive output we saw from him in his first year in the league. He can still be a useful bottom six forward and he has been able to produce a little more offensively this year even though it has been a small sample size.
I haven't watched much of Coyotes at all this year, but it's not only Fischer, but also Crouse who looks like is playing better. Maybe Fischers play is because he is been put into a position to succeed? Is he playing with better line mates? But you have to look at the overall team and it's talent level. Where do you think Fischer would be playing on a team like Tampa? Colorado? just to name a few. While Fischer is playing better, I think he is a third or fourth line player like you mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad