Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Dmitrij Jaškin (KHL) - 1 year/$3.2M

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Yup, bit rich for my blood... but it doesn't look like the team will need to worry much about overspending this next season anyways. So it's really no big deal... if he does well then that's great... if not then it's just better odds in the lottery.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I mean it’s a pretty boom or bust prospect anyways. Overpay him in what will be a down year for us. Best case scenario he’s awesome and we either re-sign him or trade him at the deadline. If not say goodbye next year. We’re not in the market for any top end free agents this year anyways, so I don’t mind it

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
A 1 year overpayment probably needed to happen for him to come over and play in the NHL given the year he just had. He'd probably make more staying in the KHL. If it doesn't work out he probably goes back overseas next year. Worth the gamble.
I think you hit the nail on the head here.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Repost from main board:

Plus, BA was on the Blues’ scouting team when Jaskin was drafted.

I’ve watched Jaskin play many times across three seasons with the Chicago Wolves.

I was a huge advocate of him back then because he was such a bull with the puck. A man among boys.

Very strong and can score, but they’ll likely be bumrush goals and chippy net-front stuff.

Skating is just ok and his hands need some softening. Maybe his hands have softened a bit in the KHL. He has a difficult time receiving hard passes.

I will add that BA knows exactly what he is getting in Jaskin.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Repost from main board:

Plus, BA was on the Blues’ scouting team when Jaskin was drafted.

I’ve watched Jaskin play many times across three seasons with the Chicago Wolves.

I was a huge advocate of him back then because he was such a bull with the puck. A man among boys.

Very strong and can score, but they’ll likely be bumrush goals and chippy net-front stuff.

Skating is just ok and his hands need some softening. Maybe his hands have softened a bit in the KHL. He has a difficult time receiving hard passes.

I will add that BA knows exactly what he is getting in Jaskin.

Perhaps he's ready to be the next Tomas Holstrom.... don't worry about receiving passes, just touch it with his stick, and be a completely annoying prick while doing it.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
We could end up having a great PP because of him and new coaching. We've had too much skill on this team to be so useless with the man advantage.

I want to see some sort of PP line made with 5 of Jaskin/Dvorak/Schmaltz/Keller/Chychrun/Ghost

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
His KHL numbers are huge, but not so much in the NHL...but that was 3 years ago and he's only 28. Could be he has improved and is in his prime.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
His KHL numbers are huge, but not so much in the NHL...but that was 3 years ago and he's only 28. Could be he has improved and is in his prime.

Allegedly, he worked on his game in the KHL and changed his approach a la Garland and now plays a more aggressive net-front game. We'll see.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Would be very exciting if Jaskin turns out for many reasons. Adding a reliable scoring threat that is also a vet for free. The Russian factor, seems like we are bringing more and more Russians in through FA and drafting and it feels like the community in Phoenix is fairly small. If Jaskin ends up enjoying his time here he could be somewhat of an ambassador. He could be a very nice bottom 6 role players for us for the next several years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad