Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Dmitrij Jaškin (KHL) - 1 year/$3.2M

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
For some reason I had it in my head he had been out of the league for more than just a couple seasons. To go from barely playing 10 minutes a night to 3.2M is a pretty nice bump.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Would be very exciting if Jaskin turns out for many reasons. Adding a reliable scoring threat that is also a vet for free. The Russian factor, seems like we are bringing more and more Russians in through FA and drafting and it feels like the community in Phoenix is fairly small. If Jaskin ends up enjoying his time here he could be somewhat of an ambassador. He could be a very nice bottom 6 role players for us for the next several years.
Hi. He has Russian parents, he was born in Russia, but he lived in the Czech Republic all his life, he plays for the Czech Republic, he speaks Czech better than Russian. Just such a factual remark:)

Reactions: che and Grimes

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
He needs Top 6 minutes, skilled linemates and a lot of PP time (park him in front of the net). People in NA tend to assume that he's a bottom-line player because of his size and so-so skating but it's wrong.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I like his size and puck possession skills. He could be a good linemates for Keller especially if he drives to the net.

Also like him next to Hayton.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
A 1 year overpayment probably needed to happen for him to come over and play in the NHL given the year he just had. He'd probably make more staying in the KHL. If it doesn't work out he probably goes back overseas next year. Worth the gamble.
He made $1.25 per in KHL last 2 seasons.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
This salary is very strange. And I’m still not totally convinced it isn’t an error in reporting.
KHL salaries have been dropping for a few years now, it kinda explains why more Russians are looking to come back to NHL even for lesser roles. I assume they are probably tax free but NA is still a much better place to live and play.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
KHL salaries have been dropping for a few years now, it kinda explains why more Russians are looking to come back to NHL even for lesser roles. I assume they are probably tax free but NA is still a much better place to live and play.
I meant his NHL salary. Why has his compensation reportedly been doubled is my question.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I meant his NHL salary. Why has his compensation reportedly been doubled is my question.
Haha that one i don't know?? Hard to believe it wouldn't have been corrected by now though??

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
He made $1.25 per in KHL last 2 seasons.
He may have gotten some mafia money on the side....:sarcasm:

He was also probably set to get a raise over there, with his production he had to be trending towards getting one of the higher KHL salaries. We probably had to top what he wouldve got there to also entice him to come over.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
He may have gotten some mafia money on the side....:sarcasm:

He was also probably set to get a raise over there, with his production he had to be trending towards getting one of the higher KHL salaries. We probably had to top what he wouldve got there to also entice him to come over.
I think the highest KHL salary last year was about $1.5 million, they are trending down. And yes I assume some cash.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Jaskin could probably command a few million tax free in the KHL. I don't think it's that odd.

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I like his size and puck possession skills. He could be a good linemates for Keller especially if he drives to the net.

Also like him next to Hayton.

I saw someone say all he's good for is garbage goals around the net. Keith Tkachuk had a pretty good career doing that.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The only problem is that Jaskin won't have a chance to beat out our elite All Star top 6 forwards.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Ouch. 1 point in 12 games won't go down as one of the more consequential signings in team history, but hopefully in his absence there will be an opportunity for ... [looks at Tucson roster] ... uhh ... for, uhh ...

Reactions: MIGs Dog

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Ouch. 1 point in 12 games won't go down as one of the more consequential signings in team history, but hopefully in his absence there will be an opportunity for ... [looks at Tucson roster] ... uhh ... for, uhh ...

I still prefer him to Brett Hull.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad