Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Rookie Camp, Tournament & All Purpose GDT Sept. 7th-10th

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
First time I’ve ever watched one of these where you see multiple future dare I say it impactful future players for the main squad.

Hayton, Jenik, Schnarr, Soderstrom, even Provotsev. These are players who you understand why our team drafted them and where they see them playing in our main squad in the next few years.

I can't remember watching these "rookie" games in the past where we've dominated at any time. I know we lost yesterday, but our team dominated them both yesterday and today. As excited as I am about the "star" rookies that should be doing stuff, I'm equally impressed by some of the other guys like Burke, Dineen and I think Bergkvist, Kirk have played well. It is exciting to see these guys playing so well. (Kirk does need to bury some of those breakaways for sure)

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I must admit, it's nice to be watching a Yotes prospect team and finding plenty of positives from multiple players. Usually we'd be clutching at straws to find something good, then telling ourselves "Don't worry, he'll come good eventually" :laugh:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
The Burke-Hayton-Merkley line is OP. Merkley having a much better game today.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Vegas is a big heavy team and we aren’t. We basically skated our asses off in the third. Vegas couldn’t even get it past the redline for most of the period. What a team performance.

Reactions: Mosby

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Starting first watch through. Soda looks like a 10 year vet playing against kids. I like Kirk, he seems to have very good offensive instincts, the skills just have to develop. Schnarr is big and strong. Worried that Merkley might not have the skating to make the next level, have never been a fan of his lateral agility and knee injuries can't have helped. Jenik looks very good, very good skillset with the willingness to go into the dirty areas. Could see him turning into the player we hoped Fischer would become.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad