Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Rookie Camp, Tournament & All Purpose GDT Sept. 7th-10th

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
What a nutty sequence, sharks goalie was flopped down, net came off (looked like someone pushed it off though intentionally to me). Steenbergen shot it in but probably no goal.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hayton with eyes in the back of his head hits Steenbergen, he cuts right up the middle but can't get in position to shoot with 2 Sharks on him.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What a nutty sequence, sharks goalie was flopped down, net came off (looked like someone pushed it off though intentionally to me). Steenbergen shot it in but probably no goal.
Looked like R. Merkley tried to stop the play when he saw how bad Chekhovich was hurt. I guess he inadvertently hurt our goalie in the process.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I caught only the first period. Is anyone else concerned that despite Hayton's great vision, passing and positioning, he doesn't have an NHL shot. I am concerned that his shot isn't strong enough to beat an NHL goaltender.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Steenbergen robbed of his hatty because somebody yeeted the net into orbit.

Edit: A shark was high-sticked in the face. Then the other sharks throws the net off. I should have been blown dead by the time the goal was scored anyways.

Last edited:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I caught only the first period. Is anyone else concerned that despite Hayton's great vision, passing and positioning, he doesn't have an NHL shot. I am concerned that his shot isn't strong enough to beat an NHL goaltender.

Hayton looked much better than last year. He still loses the draws, though.

Even the biggest stars don't score more than in every second game nowadays. I'm not so sure his shot is bad.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

It will develop. I think he also realizes that his shot isn't at a level to scare anyone, so he is looking for shot placement. May not be a hard shot, but it forces the goalie to make the save and can get him out of position.

If he is able to work his way into keeping possession for our team the way he did here, that's half the battle right there.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Even the biggest stars don't score more than in every second game nowadays. I'm not so sure his shot is bad.

I think overall he is great but his hands aren't super quick, especially in close. Probably why he isn't super great at faceoffs despite having the strength. I don't expect A+ finish from him, he's a little more meat and potatoes than you probably expect from such a high selection.

@SniperHF those videos lost quite a bit of FPS from the stream

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I spent the whole summer wondering if Hayton would be ready. Didn't give a thought to Sodastrom.

It's only 1 period, but Soda looks ready. He really does. If he goes to Tucson, it won't be for a full season.

Hayton is faster than I was expecting. His decisions and passes are terrific. I'm disappointed with his wrist and his snap shots. Had he a better shot he might have picked up 2 goals by now. He's certainly close enough to being ready that I doubt the Coyotes will send him back to the Juniors.
Guy's, they are playing against their peers. Wait for main camp to sing praise. Total different ball game.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad