Rumor: Coyotes Pursuing Taylor Hall per Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
The article mentions that Victor Soderstrom and Barrett Hayton are not on the table at all. As of right now I would say they are our only untouchables.

Chayka most likely has a 2020 1st, Kevin Bahl, and another lesser prospect like Merkley, or a lower round draft pick on the table

Ok thank you I am getting off the ledge lol
Miss read.

Reactions: RABBIT

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t think it would be a 2020 1st for a UFA. I think it would be a 2021 with a re-sign condition. 2020 draft happens prior to UFA day, so there’s no way to put a condition on a 2020 pick.

Reactions: RABBIT

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There is zero chance Premium Boy or Victor "Chayka wasn't leaving without me" Soderstrom are involved.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bahl+2021 2nd (becomes 1st if Hall re-signs) seems like a good start. If Raanta isn’t going, NJ needs to retain 50% on Hall and probably also take Hossa, or we’ll be waaay over the cap over the summer. That would cost us extra in assets and we’d also need to include a roster player. So one of Fischer or Hinostroza. And I’d think probably Prosvetov? To make it worth their while?

To NJD
Christian Fischer
Kevin Bahl
Ivan Prosvetov
2021 2nd (1st it re-sign)
Marian Hossa

To ARI
Taylor Hall (50% retained)

...damn that’s a lot...

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Bahl+2021 2nd (becomes 1st if Hall re-signs) seems like a good start. If Raanta isn’t going, NJ needs to retain 50% on Hall and probably also take Hossa, or we’ll be waaay over the cap over the summer. That would cost us extra in assets and we’d also need to include a roster player. So one of Fischer or Hinostroza. And I’d think probably Prosvetov? To make it worth their while?

To NJD
Christian Fischer
Kevin Bahl
Ivan Prosvetov
2021 2nd (1st it re-sign)
Marian Hossa

To ARI
Taylor Hall (50% retained)

...damn that’s a lot...
If that is what it takes I would pass. Also, I don't want to trade Prosvetov.

Reactions: 0point1

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I think Hall will be a yote by the end of this week, and I think most of us will like the acquisition price. We had the highest bid, and now it's been radio silence for soon 2 days. My interpretation is that Shero doesn't quite like the Coyotes offer but no other team is offering anything better. Shero can't let the roster freeze pass without making a move, can he?

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I think for Shero it is not just about Taylor Hall, but also about his own job and future as GM of the NJ Devils. The team has not developed nearly as planned or hoped and if he gives up Hall for a bunch of B-prospects, his most important trade turns into nothing as well.

Reactions: Jakey53

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Jeebus...some of the proposals on here are shocking. Like the sort of stuff CBJ got absolutely skewered for doing at the TDL last season, and look where it left them. It's crazy to me that so many are willing to mortgage our future for a player who will likely just net us a 1st or 2nd round exit and that's all.

Not to mention, evidence abounds across NHL rosters the risk of paying 27/28 yo UFA's long-term high salary NMC-laden deals...yet some here chomp at the bit to put the Coyotes in just that position?

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Jeebus...some of the proposals on here are shocking. Like the sort of stuff CBJ got absolutely skewered for doing at the TDL last season, and look where it left them. It's crazy to me that so many are willing to mortgage our future for a player who will likely just net us a 1st or 2nd round exit and that's all.
The proposals I've seen have been some combinations of Bahl, Hinostroza, Fischer, Capobianco, Raanta and our 2020 2nd round pick. None of these pieces will likely be a big part of our future. A playoff appearance with a absolute superstar on the roster will be huge for the internal growth IMO. It will also help the team attract FA talent.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
The proposals I've seen have been some combinations of Bahl, Hinostroza, Fischer, Capobianco, Raanta and our 2020 2nd round pick. None of these pieces will likely be a big part of our future. A playoff appearance with a absolute superstar on the roster will be huge for the internal growth IMO. It will also help the team attract FA talent.
Prosvetov and conditional 1sts are being offered on this very page. I also don't necessarily know that I agree that he's an "absolute superstar"... that's pretty rarified air. Very good? Absolutely.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Prosvetov and conditional 1sts are being offered on this very page. I also don't necessarily know that I agree that he's an "absolute superstar"... that's pretty rarified air. Very good? Absolutely.
I don't like dealing Prosvetov and the 1st would depend on the condition of course. If the condition is Hall signs with us or we win the SC I have no problem with it (We won't win and I don't think he'll sign here regardless).

Hall is probably a top 5 LW in my book and by Coyote-standards that's superstar level.

Last edited:
Reactions: DOTS13

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
If this deal does close, It'll likely be something to the effect of Bahl, Raanta, Fischer, 2021 conditional second. Can't see any scenario that Prosvetov is dealt.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Not to mention, evidence abounds across NHL rosters the risk of paying 27/28 yo UFA's long-term high salary NMC-laden deals...yet some here chomp at the bit to put the Coyotes in just that position?
This a tough one for me. I really like Hall, but worried about his past injuries, giving him a long term contract at his age, and what are the assets we will be losing. Hall is at his prime, so he should be a 70 pt. player for the next couple of years, but then what? Chayka knows we are in trouble if our goalies cool off with our inconsistent forwards. Even if we don't get Hall, Chayka knows we need help upfront, so I see him continue looking.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Which asset that we are afraid of losing will be on the roster 3 years from now?

the only assets that'd i'd be afraid of losing are Soderstrom and Hayton, and they're not going anywhere. If Bahl were to stay, he could potentially be on the roster in three years, but he's replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad