Rumor: Coyotes Pursuing Taylor Hall per Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Bahl's a fine prospect, but I don't think he's enough to make me not want to make this deal. That's if I'm understanding this as, we want to keep him but NJ wants him.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
If my thinking is right ... Capfriendly shows we have 2.8 mil cap space as of today. Hall makes 6 but max retention takes that down to 3. So pretty close. Throw in someone like Hinostroza (1.5 mil) to open up a roster spot and I think it all fits, right?
Hinostroza with 4 points in the last two games, not a fit, particularly not as a rental.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think Hinostroza is a fit here long term. He's not good enough for a scoring role and he's going to get too expensive as a role player.

Reactions: BUX7PHX

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I don't think Hinostroza is a fit here long term. He's not good enough for a scoring role and he's going to get too expensive as a role player
I don't think Hinostroza is a fit here long term. He's not good enough for a scoring role and he's going to get too expensive as a role player.

thats fair, I'm not sure we know what too expensive is / will be though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
No NTC. It was Froliks that killed the CGY deal and Phil’s that killed the PIT deal.
Zucker has a 10-team clause that kicked in in July. The Calgary deal fell through because of some mysterious "paperwork malfunction," supposedly on Calgary's end. Still not sure what exactly happened, but neither player blocked it.

For various reasons I think it's a coin-flip as to whether or not Arizona would be blocked by his clause. Minnesota is going to have to trade a winger or two before next season and Zucker's name is going to be in that discussion, so in that sense it wouldn't be shocking to see Guerin get out ahead of it and make an in-season move if the opportunity presented itself. On the other hand the team is playing very well despite some injuries to key players, so there's probably not a lot of urgency right now. Zucker in particular has been playing like he's on track for another 30+30 season.

So the timing is a question but they'll have to trade some good players in the not-so-distant future, both forwards and defensemen.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What is Shero doing. I feel like he has most likely pissed off the GM's he is negotiating with and has all but announced that Hall is going to UFA by not letting teams talk to him.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Are no insider tweets coming out? I feel like I haven’t read anything from any of the big boys in too long.

Not saying trades don't happen on Sundays because they do, but they aren't common by any means. Probably a day of taking a break from negotiating and revisiting with a more clear mind when the work week starts.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Are no insider tweets coming out? I feel like I haven’t read anything from any of the big boys in too long.
The market has gone quiet. I don’t think the flood of offers to beat AZ’s materialized and now NJ has essentially painted themselves into a corner where they have to move Hall this week. You can’t get to Dec 29th and say “whoops the offers sucked welcome back to the team”.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Might just be me but this whole Hall thing feels like a put a damper on everything Coyotes. Either shit or get off the pot so we can carry on. We should have won last night. Should have absolutely blown the doors off a tired, end of a long roadie, Hall’less devils team, but we lose.

Didn’t have the same passion about the team last night because I’m consumed with this idea of us actually getting Hall.

is this going to happen or can we get back to the normal grind of coyotes hockey?

need some re engagement after playing the Chicago games I was back on the horse, now it just feels like I’m in limbo haha.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
What is Shero doing. I feel like he has most likely pissed off the GM's he is negotiating with ...

To say nothing of Hall. "Why don't you take a week or two off while we decide what to do with you"...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The market has gone quiet. I don’t think the flood of offers to beat AZ’s materialized and now NJ has essentially painted themselves into a corner where they have to move Hall this week. You can’t get to Dec 29th and say “whoops the offers sucked welcome back to the team”.
The way it looks you are right. I just watch The Hockey Guy and youtube and he discussed Hall in depth. I didn't know Hall was injured as often as he was. Hall is doing only a bit better than Kessel at the moment, so is he worth a 1st rounder +++ when you consider his age and injury history?

Reactions: Edenjung

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
The way it looks you are right. I just watch The Hockey Guy and youtube and he discussed Hall in depth. I didn't know Hall was injured as often as he was. Hall is doing only a bit better than Kessel at the moment, so is he worth a 1st rounder +++ when you consider his age and injury history?

That's what I was saying but then I got pushback. Hall aint all that and were certainly not winning a cup this year so why then. If it's just to make the playoffs thats just sad....see Columbus.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Hall is doing only a bit better than Kessel at the moment, so is he worth a 1st rounder +++ when you consider his age and injury history?
Hell no! Especially as a rental.
1) Coyotes will make the playoffs this season.
2) Coyotes are not winning the cup this year.
With or without Taylor Hall this is pretty certain.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That guy’s a clown. Hall is a weapon. He would make our other weapons more lethal. We will not be winning the lottery, if he’s retained. I put my faith in Chayka not giving up too much, long before I worry about this precautionary tale.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
is this going to happen or can we get back to the normal grind of coyotes hockey?

Agreed - we are programmed to be thinking at this time "When are Hjalmarsson and Demers coming back, we need more blocked shots!" not "We are the front-runners for one of the biggest trade targets in recent memory".

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hell no! Especially as a rental.
1) Coyotes will make the playoffs this season.
2) Coyotes are not winning the cup this year.
With or without Taylor Hall this is pretty certain.

I wouldn't be so sure of point number 1 if we can't get more than a goal against NJ at home. What happens if Dvo or Schmaltz goes down? This franchise needs Yoffs so bad, it's the only reason we are willing to sell pieces for a rental who will for sure go to UFA.

The conference is tight, the division is even tighter. Calgary is surging, EDM has McDrai and Vegas was expected to lead the division at the start of the season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That guy’s a clown. Hall is a weapon. He would make our other weapons more lethal. We will not be winning the lottery, if he’s retained. I put my faith in Chayka not giving up too much, long before I worry about this precautionary tale.
We thought the same with Kessel and look how that has worked out. I like Hall, much more than I have ever liked Kessel, but I didn't know Hall missed as many games as he has. Let's see what happens.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Taylor Hall brings a lot of value to this team even if as a rental. I'm perfectly fine bringing him in for a reduced price and seeing him sign elsewhere in July.
Not me. We can't lose assets for a few months. We are not Colorado who are at the cusp of being a SC contender and may consider Hall the player to take them over the top. For me it's long term or forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad