GDT: Coyotes at Wings 7:30PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This is undoubtedly one of the top 3 most pathetic games I've seen the Wings play in my life.

It may be #1.

It's an embarrassment. Pittsburgh beats this team 7-0 last night, and we are down 3-1???!!!

I know we're not a contender like Pittsburgh, but jeez, this makes us look like a joke.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Depends on what Holland thinks of Nelson. I don't think Holland is going to fire Blashill and hire an outside coach. If you do that, and that outside coach also struggles, you can only blame the roster - which would be Holland blaming himself. Not going to happen. But if they just fire Blashill and bring up Nelson as the interim coach, then if Nelson doesn't pan out, you can claim that you just threw in the towel by bringing up Nelson - not that he was your first choice as new coach.

Holland doesn't have the balls to fire Blashill. No matter what goes on this year, Blashill is not going anywhere. That being said, if (when) we miss the playoffs, surely at that point Holland looks in a new direction. We are one of the most loyal organization in pro sports (see Cleary, Daniel) no way we fire Blashill during the season.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Nearly everyone here BEGGED for Babcock to go so Blashill can take over. Now these same folks want Holland gone so someone else can take over. I think fans should stop "requesting" these changes. It's hurting the team :laugh:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If blashill gets fired, I would imagine one of the assistants would take over for the remainder of the season

Yeah I guess Torchetti has been in that position before, but Houda hasn't. And whichever of the two who is running our PP shouldn't be anywhere near a head coaching positioning.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Nearly everyone here BEGGED for Babcock to go so Blashill can take over. Now these same folks want Holland gone so someone else can take over. I think fans should stop "requesting" these changes. It's hurting the team :laugh:

Blashill sucking doesn't mean moving on from Babcock was the wrong move. After 10 years sometimes you need a new voice. Blashill's biggest problem is he's just trying to be Babcock 2.0.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

people were calling for holland's head way before wanting blashill

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Holland has us bottom of the conference, losing to the worst team in the league. What's the new person going to do that's so much worse?

Open your eyes. This team built by the guy you love is trash.

Oct 18, 2006
I was one. And other organisations were heavily interested in Blashill too. I just can't believe this is as good as he's got? We absolutely stink. The team is mediocre, but we shouldn't be this bad.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

I would imagine this team is in a similar position in the standings with Babcock as the coach. It may even be lower if you consider a lot of this team's younger players would still be in Grand Rapids. He also wouldn't have Datsyuk, or a healthy Kronwall and Zetterberg anymore. Blashill will certainly go down as the scapegoat but let's not pretend this team is underperforming, especially when you consider many here predicted this team to be a bubble team at best.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Do you pay close attention to the Wings? (I'm genuinely asking you this question, not trying to poke fun at your opinion.) If you did, you would at least be able to entertain reasons why fans may want to go in a new direction with coaching. The list is way too long, but for starters:

-Sheahan still on the 2nd line and PP
-The Glendening experiment in the top 6 for 5+ games
-Ryan Sproul being scratched over and over in favor of Brian freaking Lashoff
-Limited minutes for AA, who is one of our most dangerous players when he's on the ice

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We're 0-7-0 when trailing after 2?

How embarrassing is this team?

Holland has us bottom of the conference, losing to the worst team in the league. What's the new person going to do that's so much worse?

Open your eyes. This team built by the guy you love is trash.
Holland's only part in this loss is hiring Blashill. We could have a much, much worse roster and we should still be able to beat the worst team in the league at home, when they're tired and we're not.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

So much wrong with this post.

1. Babcock didn't do much better with more talent. Him leaving isn't a problem.
2. Blashill was a solid coach in Grand Rapids. There was little reason not to give him a chance. Just like petitioning for guys like Jurco, Sproul, Tatar, Nyquist, Mantha, Janmark, Jarnkrok, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Frk, or Pulkkinen - its better to find out what you have than to ship off something potentially good. Sometimes it works out, sometimes its meh, sometimes its bad.
4. What the fans "request" is irrelevant. Holland is the one that makes the changes and given how he's operated over the past half decade, he doesn't pay any attention to what the fans want. When his actions coincide with the fans' desires, its just that - coincidence.

For the record, I don't think there is a coach who could make this team productive. The talent just isn't there. But it would be nice to get a coach in here who is experienced with reworking an unskilled roster to make it entertaining in the least.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lmao. We're all stupid for wanting Blashill... But Holland isn't for HIRING him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We're 0-7-0 when trailing after 2?

How embarrassing is this team?

Holland's only part in this loss is hiring Blashill. We could have a much, much worse roster and we should still be able to beat the worst team in the league at home, when they're tired and we're not.

In this loss, yeah I totally agree. No reason this team should lose to Arizona.

I think this team should be better. I never envisioned it being this bad. But I'm not sure if this team is a playoff team with another coach. We have legitimate issues.

Aug 6, 2012
I think this team should be better. I never envisioned it being this bad. But I'm not sure if this team is a playoff team with another coach. We have legitimate issues.

This team is **** with any coach. Flawed roster from top-to-bottom. Relying on a 40 year old man to carry the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad