Detroit, MI
Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha
Sheahan-Nielsen-Larkin
Nyquist-Athanasiou-Vanek
Jurco-Glendening-Ott

DeKeyser-Green
Kronwall-Ouellet
Lashoff-Marchenko

Some interesting games today. Sharks vs. Leafs, Chicago vs. Rangers, Columbus in Edmonton. I'll be watching Arizona at Detroit, yippee!

I feel relief Luke is finally returned to the 4th line. With all his woes Sheahan is simply a more talented player. AA centers the 3rd line. On paper that's a hopeful combination.

Someone posted the Coyotes will be angry after an embarrassing loss last night...doesn't matter we have to win this game. Looking forward to viewing Chychrun together, in my mind he'll always have a connection to Detroit.

Edit: Ansar tweeted Z is questionable for tonight

Last edited by a moderator:

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
A bad team on the wrong side of a back to back. Howard is in. Wings don't pull 2 points in this game then it's time to pull the plug. This would be a good game for Z to get some rest but I have little confidence that we could win without him against the worst team. Is that bad?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Datsyuk's first game back at the Joe. I wonder if the fans will boo him?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Let's see if this team can show up against a team that played the night before for once...

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Home ice against the league's worst team who also happened to play the night before?

We can't lose this right?

....right?

Suavecito

Oct 8, 2016
Milwaukee
Since the Wings play to the level of their opponent (or a tad lower) - I wouldn't be too surprised if the Wings make the Yotes look like a Cup contender.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Why the hell is Riley "Mr. Sucks at Offense" Sheahan on the second line?

If we don't beat the lowly Coyotes, this team is worse than most of us thought.

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
Bob Kaser, the radio voice of the Grand Rapids Griffins, will handle the play-by-play broadcast Tuesday of the Detroit Red Wings' game on Fox Sports Detroit.

...and Blashill said Sproul hasn't been assertive enough defensively and feels Lashoff is safer...

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Bob Kaser, the radio voice of the Grand Rapids Griffins, will handle the play-by-play broadcast Tuesday of the Detroit Red Wings' game on Fox Sports Detroit.

...and Blashill said Sproul hasn't been assertive enough defensively and feels Lashoff is safer...

This team doesn't need safe. This team needs to take chances. We are not good enough to "play it safe" and consistently win.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Why the hell is Riley "Mr. Sucks at Offense" Sheahan on the second line?

If we don't beat the lowly Coyotes, this team is worse than most of us thought.

And "Mr. What am I doing back in the NHL?" Lashoff is in still as well.:shakehead

If we can't beat the Domi-less coyotes the shred of confidence I have in this team will be gone.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Those Blashill comments are about four days old

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Blash is not wrong but he has absolutely 0 offensive upside. We need a Sproul in the lineup more than a Lashoff.

I was fine with a couple days but this is ridiculous. At least give him an in game look.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This team doesn't need safe. This team needs to take chances. We are not good enough to "play it safe" and consistently win.
Blashill overreacted after the Pittsburgh game. That team tears everyone apart. They scored like 8 against Ottawa and won 7-0 against the Yotes yesterday. Before that, Sproul's long list of defensive mistakes had a grand total of 1 play in it, a weak board battle in the game against NJ. And an o-zone mistake in 3-on-3 hockey against Florida.

This is exactly the type of game where we should be playing Sproul some decent minutes and let him build confidence. We can score goals against Arizona, if we have the players to do it. Lashoff isn't going to score. He's not going to help out the PP. He's a guy you might play over Sproul if you expect to be pinned down defensively all game.

I predict a 2-1 loss and Blashill saying "we played well, just couldn't score. Lashoff and Sheahan were outstanding"

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
At this point, Arizona and Colorado are the only teams in the league that I can't see Detroit leapfrogging for a high draft pick, even if the train completely derails.

That said, I don't see either team dominating tonight. 3-2 kinda game.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha
Sheahan-Nielsen-Larkin
Nyquist-Athanasiou-Vanek
Jurco-Glendening-Ott

DeKeyser-Green
Kronwall-Ouellet
Lashoff-Marchenko

Some interesting games today. Sharks vs. Leafs, Chicago vs. Rangers, Columbus in Edmonton. I'll be watching Arizona at Detroit, yippee!

I feel relief Luke is finally returned to the 4th line. With all his woes Sheahan is simply a more talented player. AA centers the 3rd line. On paper that's a hopeful combination.

Someone posted the Coyotes will be angry after an embarrassing loss last night...doesn't matter we have to win this game. Looking forward to viewing Chychrun together, in my mind he'll always have a connection to Detroit.

Edit: Ansar tweeted Z is questionable for tonight
and our best defenceman is not playing again. Sheham is getting top 6 mins trashill is going to trash.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why can't Blashill go with this?
Larkin-Zetterberg-Mantha
Nyquist-Nielsen-Vanek
Tatar-Athanasio-Sheahan
Jurco-Glendening-Ott/Miller

DeKeyser-Green
Kronwall-Marchenko
Lashoff-Sproul

Then Ericsson goes in for Lashoff when he gets back.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Honestly the lines are probably as good as I could ask for. Love that 3rd line and I know Larkin and Riley have had success together before so maybe that sparks something. Would have liked sproul in for lashoff probably like everyone else that's my only real complaint

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Why can't Blashill go with this?
Larkin-Zetterberg-Mantha
Nyquist-Nielsen-Vanek
Tatar-Athanasio-Sheahan
Jurco-Glendening-Ott/Miller

DeKeyser-Green
Kronwall-Marchenko
Lashoff-Sproul

Then Ericsson goes in for Lashoff when he gets back.

The way XO is playing, I'd rather have him in than Sproul or Lashoff, I have to see how Marchy comes back before I say him too. He's been really good.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Honestly the lines are probably as good as I could ask for. Love that 3rd line and I know Larkin and Riley have had success together before so maybe that sparks something. Would have liked sproul in for lashoff probably like everyone else that's my only real complaint

Ari dead last in the league. But its not like their whole team is crap.

They have some talent there.

Our team SHOULD be able to outplay them.

They need this win, else we will be in the same conversation for last place soon enough

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
On the bright side, sheahan and lashoff are so good defensively that no team has ever scored against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad