GDT: Coyotes at Wings 7:30PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Sheahan gets a good pass from his D, has a clear path to make a quick transition up the ice. What does he do? Pass it backwards to his defenseman. ****ing moron.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Look at those empty seats at the Joe...wow, shocking.

Honestly, if Holland was a competent GM, he would do something to shake the team up. The problem is he is not a competent GM.

I'm so sick of this dumpster fire hockey team. Never hated a Red Wings team as much as this.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
But as far as it's not a talent issue, it's a coaching issue... I think it's both man, unfortunately.
Of course it is, but lack of talent isn't what loses us games like this. A stacked team may be able to sleepwalk and win, but there's maybe 2-3 teams in any given season that fits that mold. Perhaps not even that with how competitive the league is.

We've been basically the worst team in the league at home after our initial winning streak. PP has been among the very worst the last 10-15 games. We've NEVER gotten back in a game after being down after 2 periods.

All of these are things that go beyond "lack of talent". If anything, it seems as though the depth and hard working players is what keeps this team from falling all the way to the bottom. Because we're getting no flow whatsoever, we never get anything easy. Superhuman efforts from individual players required, that is the sign of bad coaching.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Glendening with Tatar and Zetterberg.

Lashoff with Green.

Mantha benched.

Sheahan playing 17+ minutes.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Look at those empty seats at the Joe...wow, shocking.

Honestly, if Holland was a competent GM, he would do something to shake the team up. The problem is he is not a competent GM.

I'm so sick of this dumpster fire hockey team. Never hated a Red Wings team as much as this.

What can he realistically do at this point in time? This team needs a #1 center or a #1 defenseman. Those aren't available, or I doubt we have the pieces to land one. Definitely not without giving up Larkin and/or Mantha.

We have to ride this team out this season. Even a coaching change I doubt moves the needle a ton.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Man, Larkin likes to whine out there. Grow up buddy, when things aren't going your way you don't have to flop around and bark at the refs and have a fit. You are a pro, act like it.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I've never wanted the Wings to tank. But it will be pretty cool to have a top 5-10 draft pick. Honestly, really exciting for someone who has NEVER seen one with the Wings.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Seeing that pre-game article about Sheahan finally getting his first makes me laugh even more, considering the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad