Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh yeah, the co-founders school didn’t agree with the comments as well

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
You want to know how I know that Butker is just repeating talking points he has heard elsewhere and can't actually think for himself?

f*** people who can't physically have children, I guess.

Jesus Christ, what a f***ing moron. Do you think he needs an exemption for wearing velcro shoes, or does someone help him tie his shoelaces?
Again, it really shouldn't take much thought to see why someone very traditionally Christian would believe the things that he said

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Finally with the double bye. It’s amazing all the networks, time slots, and neutral sites they added, they’re only getting to it now. Another week of games without having had expanded the schedule was a no-brainer. At least it should’ve been.

Reactions: LT

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not sure how else I would describe people seriously thinking a player should be cut for simply stating his religious beliefs
Again you're purposely misconstrued what he said to try to twist it to "religious beliefs".

What he said were not religious beliefs. It was sexist, homophobic, transphobic derogatory comments mixed in with a bunch of obscene conspiracy theories and right wing propaganda. Those are not "religious beliefs".

If he'd limited himself to "religious beliefs", there'd be no problems. Even unpopular ones like being against abortion. He went full crazy. And deserves speaking against, and honestly doesn't deserve the privilege of being in the NFL where he's given a platform and reach for his toxicity. IMO.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure how else I would describe people seriously thinking a player should be cut for simply stating his religious beliefs

That’s weird that he’s the bigot. Not the guy who took platform to talk about the ‘deadly sins’ of gays, ‘tyranny’ of diversity, and ‘dangerous ideologies’ of transgenders, among other things, is not, because they’re ’religious beliefs.’ Only one of these people is casting judgement unabatedly.

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Again you're purposely misconstrued what he said to try to twist it to "religious beliefs".

What he said were not religious beliefs. It was sexist, homophobic, transphobic derogatory comments mixed in with a bunch of obscene conspiracy theories and right wing propaganda. Those are not "religious beliefs".

If he'd limited himself to "religious beliefs", there'd be no problems. Even unpopular ones like being against abortion. He went full crazy. And deserves speaking against, and honestly doesn't deserve the privilege of being in the NFL where he's given a platform and reach for his toxicity. IMO.
They are beliefs held by the largest religious group in this country, I don't know what to tell you if you can't accept that

Reactions: Voight

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
That’s weird that he’s the bigot. Not the guy who took platform to talk about the ‘deadly sins’ of gays, ‘tyranny’ of diversity, and ‘dangerous ideologies’ of transgenders, among other things, is not, because they’re ’religious beliefs.’ Only one of these people is casting judgement unabatedly.
Difference is he's not calling for action to be taken against anyone. I don't care if people don't agree with what he says but I think expecting action to be taken against him by the team is ridiculous.

Reactions: McRpro

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I don't see anything wrong what he said. I do think it's funny we've developed this mass psychosis over the last 40 years that has led to a dominant cultural belief that having kids is the worst thing you can do and that being a homemaker is somehow the worst thing you can be when it's perfectly legitimate and often necessary to raise a family. He does nothing but praise his wife and give her all the credit for his success and still people are not satisfied. It's sad really. Especially coming from a league that condones domestic violence.
He literally said her life didn't begin until she became a mother. LOL.

Direct quote. Cringe. He also attacked gays, Jews and infertile couples.

I have 100s of screenshot of mostly MEN saying women are here for procreation.

It seems to have a decent following. PM for said screenshots.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
They are beliefs held by the largest religious group in this country, I don't know what to tell you if you can't accept that
WHoa...he doesn't speak for all Catholics or Christians. He is actually part of a small group of vocal Vatican I groupthink.

I do not accept it. I will NOT tolerate it either. Bigots like him should face social repercussions.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
WHoa...he doesn't speak for all Catholics or Christians. He is actually part of a small group of vocal Vatican I groupthink.

I do not accept it. I will NOT tolerate it either. Bigots like him should face social repercussions.
What are you going to do about? Write the Chiefs organization a letter?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
What are you going to do about? Write the Chiefs organization a letter?
Maybe. There are other avenues available. You worry about you. I can handle my stuff just fine.

He 100% has the right to say it. ANd people 100% have the right to reject it. Kinda like Bud Light, LOL

That's a great example.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

I don't give a rats ass if he gets cut or not but part of being a public figure and representing a major league franchise is that there's a risk to looking incredibly stupid to a big chunk of the public.

It's not like here for example. 'Hypothetical' posters can come across as having shit for brains to a number of us and that's totally fine.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010

Might not want to piss off Marvin Sr.

Is there a reason he's being difficult with this merch contract stuff? Does he really think he's gonna single handedly change that market for players?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I don't give a rats ass if he gets cut or not but part of being a public figure and representing a major league franchise is that there's a risk to looking incredibly stupid to a big chunk of the public.

It's not like here for example. 'Hypothetical' posters can come across as having shit for brains to a number of us and that's totally fine.
Let's take here...as an example...would a poster be allowed be bash Jews or gays? Even using religion to "hide" behind it? The answer is NO. If my employer found out I have a similar speech? I'd be fired for representing the company poorly and bringing unwanted bad PR.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
huge L for the Giants

Those compete for the worst football jerseys ever. And I'm from Canada with some terrible Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto CFL jerseys for decades. And the Stamps know how to ruin a good thing too.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

They are not, by and large, beliefs mandated by the Bible. They are beliefs that some parts of this community have come to based on the Bible and other social factors, out of the many possible beliefs that people have come to out of those teachings.

As such, no, I don't accept these are simply his religious beliefs. Not that these would shield him from criticism unless someone accepts all religious beliefs are to be respected, which would seem pretty dicey given how many of them believe in killing each other, but these beliefs aren't a case of the religion, the only way to do the religion, and nothing but the religion.

Indeed some of the things he said seem directly contradicted by his own religion. The veiled reference to the Jews killing Jesus goes directly against Vatican teaching. The belief that a woman's vocation it to serve her husband and children goes directly against the many nuns and saints celebrated in the Catholic church. Did Mother Teresa miss her life's vocation? Did the prophet Deborah? Saint Joan of Arc?

It was bigotry masquerading as religion and hate masquerading as love. There's a reason the speech has been criticised by many religious people too.

Also, I continue to find it strange how if this is really truly the only way to follow the Bible and the Bible must be followed at all costs, so many parts of what it get commanded seem to be optional. I will be happy to praise Harrison Butker's piety any time he decides to retire from the NFL so he may keep the Lord's day without working and stop wearing clothing made from mixed fabrics. Since he seems to find those parts of his faith optional however, he could also find the hate optional too if he chose.

That he doesn't says everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad