Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Acquire Anthony DeAngelo

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I think the Coyotes will still try to acquire another RHD and DeAngelo will play 1 more year in the A on the top pairing.

Also expansion protected

This could also be true though...wouldn't surprise me. From listening to the Chayka interviews it seems like they are still working to get a deal done for a RHD....

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
-Chayka did acknowledge in so many words that he has some maturing to do off the ice, so clearly there is enough there that it was worth mentioning the least.

Whenever someone mentions a player needing to mature off the ice I think of Patrick Kane as a teenager...he turned out OK.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
For anyone wanting to know a little more about him;

So he's racist because he hates to lose, got it. I hope we asked Tampa to retain the rights to his dad.

His character comparable is Patrick Kane, so kinda rapey.

And he supports Trump.

Finally somebody to fill Turris's flip flops, take on the role Ribeiro left empty, and carry on our AHL tradition of brawling amongst team mates.

But I'm sure his analytics are good.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
For anyone wanting to know a little more about him;

That was a good clip, and both him and his dad were truthful. Being older myself, I understand what his dad is saying, and he is right, whether you like it or not. The important fact is that he knows he crossed the line and is taking steps so it doesn't happen again. Let's hope he learns from his mistake.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Working in the field I do, I work with all sorts of minds and cultures for 24 hrs at a time. Being around the same people for such a long period of time can and will boil at times, it's just nature and the A type personalities amongst men. I like the hard nose, win at all cost attitude, but to degrade a team mate is something that needs to be disciplined no matter how good of an athlete you are.

I'm sure he's learned from it and has matured since it. His dad obviously raised him with the attitude and chip the kids got. I think he'll be fine.

Good trade in my book.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Working in the field I do, I work with all sorts of minds and cultures for 24 hrs at a time. Being around the same people for such a long period of time can and will boil at times, it's just nature and the A type personalities amongst men. I like the hard nose, win at all cost attitude, but to degrade a team mate is something that needs to be disciplined no matter how good of an athlete you are.

I'm sure he's learned from it and has matured since it. His dad obviously raised him with the attitude and chip the kids got. I think he'll be fine.

Good trade in my book.

Agreed.:nod:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He's young enough to be at prospect camp right?

Also on that video he looks pretty stocky, not too worried about his size.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor.../?hootPostID=eeaa165443ff764be973423e27b6bb70

“Yeah, it’s always a concern,†Chayka said, “but we thought the risk was worth it. He’s a young kid, he’s a passionate person. I talked to a lot of people who played with him. Jakob Chychrun played with him. One thing that keeps coming out is he’s a kid that wants to win more than anything.

“He’s made some mistakes and done some things, but we’re willing to work with him.â€

Chayka said DeAngelo has a chance to make the Coyotes’ roster this season and DeAngelo said he feels he’s ready to skate in the NHL, too, after spending all of last season in the minors, where his 37 assists ranked fourth among league blueliners and third among AHL rookies.

“That’s my goal. Personally, I think I’m ready and I’m going to do whatever I can to make the team,†he said. “I’m just going to keep working until I’m there.â€

DeAngelo said he was surprised to learn of the trade, but quickly came to embrace it when he thought about his opportunities in Arizona.

manictech

Apr 9, 2012
Tucson,AZ
I wonder if it was a racial slur that he said or something that would be considered homophobic..? Either way I hope he stays away from that. I'll be excited to see him make the final roster.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's young enough to be at prospect camp right?

Also on that video he looks pretty stocky, not too worried about his size.

I don't think so because he played in the AHL last year, but I could be wrong. This kid is a hell of a talent, who produced 43 pts. in just 69 games playing with the Crunch. One stat that jumped out at me is his 84 PIM. A fiesty young man.

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't think so because he played in the AHL last year, but I could be wrong. This kid is a hell of a talent, which produced 43 pts. in just 69 games playing with the Crunch. One stat that jumped out at me is his 84 PIM. A fiesty young man.

He has had AHL experience but he was also only drafted two drafts ago. Age wise he's there, but I think you're right that usually our AHL guys don't go. I'm not sure if they decide it by age, draft year, or league played in, or most likely on an individual basis. Hopefully we get some info on that soon, it would be nice to see him there since there's so little video of him.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I faintly recall this during his draft year or a trade deadline (I must have researched things more than I do now). I wanna say it was something like "f'in fa-bomb" (two words but interchange something else for the "fa-bomb"). Again, as the video says S. Jersey/S. Philly area (bad area if you are easily offended and a big advocate of political correctness). Still not an excuse, but you gotta give the kid a chance to make up for it (admittedly, it was the second time he did such a thing--but was still immature). I'm guessing he learned his lesson, but we'll have to wait and see.

In terms of prospect camp, I'm guessing they can have him attend since he's new to the team (despite having a season in the AHL under his belt) and we probably have a different regiment/expectations for our prospects (even those still in the A) than he had in TB. Some of it may be repetitive for him, but perhaps that will give him more time to interact with some of our prospects that have been in the system.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He has had AHL experience but he was also only drafted two drafts ago. Age wise he's there, but I think you're right that usually our AHL guys don't go. I'm not sure if they decide it by age, draft year, or league played in, or most likely on an individual basis. Hopefully we get some info on that soon, it would be nice to see him there since there's so little video of him.

Every time I've seen him play, I've found him extremely impressive. You find your eyes glued to him.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Every time I've seen him play, I've found him extremely impressive. You find your eyes glued to him.

The talent level is completely off the charts. He has game breaking talent, we'll see if he can put it together

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Wow, so he is a risk if he has character issues but at least he's a high reward risk. Didn't chayka even say something like when trading the 37th pick the risk vs reward balance is right?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00