Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Acquire Anthony DeAngelo

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
If I recall correctly he fell because he said something racist or homophobic. As a teenager.

Makes me nervous that Tampa was willing to let him go.
Suspensions. A bunch of them. As a teenager. Hopefully he's over it.

Talented, young right shot defenseman who scored a ton in the AHL last year. I hope Zbynek Michalek is on the treadmill right now ...

jmichael7753*

Jan 24, 2009
I don't see it as anything to be worried about especially if he makes the team this year. Doan will keep him in line.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
He's a teenager and that kind of stuff happens. I said a lot of dumb stuff too but you grow out of it. I'm sure he is more conscious of doing that now and will reign it in. I also wonder if Leblanc might have talked to Letowski before pulling the trade seeing as they both are affiliated with the Coyotes and from Thunder Bay. Letowski and his family are well known up here as is Leblanc.

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
Clearly if he didn't have issues Tampa wouldn't have given him up for a small return. We were willing to take the risk but they weren't. He gets a ton of PIM too. Odds are he's a headache. For a 2nd rounder it's worth it IMO, especially for a RHD.

jmichael7753*

Jan 24, 2009
I wouldn't rule out Chychrun making a serious run at a roster spot. He is said to be the most NHL ready defenseman in the draft. Could seem him at least making a deep run in camp.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
One concern is how lightweight a team we are building. Certainly a different ideology then Maloney had in that regard.

A lot of the young guys (Domi, Merkley, Dvorak )have an edge to their game. And Fischer, Martinook, Strome, MacInnis, and Perlini are all large and physical.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Chychrun is a beast. DeAngelo is pretty short but he's more Domi-like than Keller-like. Wood and Capobianco are both huge. Dineen is small.

Yep, I see a pretty good mix here with talent in spades.

The potential to make folks in Tucson happy is an added bonus.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Dineen, Merkley and Garland have a long road to earn a roster spot. Deangelo and Keller will likely be in Phoenix pretty soon but we've got some size in the pool and on the roster.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I wouldn't rule out Chychrun making a serious run at a roster spot. He is said to be the most NHL ready defenseman in the draft. Could seem him at least making a deep run in camp.

100% agree, I think by all accounts he has the ability and talent to make the current Arizona team his first year, but it will be more beneficial for the team and Chychrun himself to spend one more year in Sarnia, Arizona will have a young team for a few years to come, so letting him and others age a bit more will make the transition easier for them and the entire Arizona team

Also not worried at all about the teams overall size, the issue itself is very minor (possibly non-existant) with a lot of the guys they have now and there's lots of time to address any issue that there might be in the future. Right now its all about getting BPA and acquiring as much talent as they can, having that trade and player value in the future

DeAngelo is one of the most talented D prospects there is in the league, that being said he is not a very bright individual and he has a temper for sure. In Sarnia he got frustrated a lot because he was on a bad team and his offensive ability was 2 steps ahead of his teammates which lead to lots of turnovers, that was a big reason for alot of his disipline problems but when he was traded to the Greyhounds his talent was exposed and utilized.
In my opinion i think he will be splitting time between AHL and NHL next year

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad