Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If Phil is complaining about wanting a trade, why not just place him on waivers? When he goes unclaimed, you can tell him to shut the f*** up and bring his work boots to the rink and MAKE teams want him.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If Phil is complaining about wanting a trade, why not just place him on waivers? When he goes unclaimed, you can tell him to shut the f*** up and bring his work boots to the rink and MAKE teams want him.

Can't waive him unless he waives his NMC. He doesn't want to end up in Buffalo.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I don’t see BA capitulating to Kessel just because he wants out. He’ll wait until he finds the right value for him. A forward who was on a 60 pt pace last year should bring more than a 3rd rounder, so if that’s the market right now, we should hold off.

Maybe teams that are still looking for top 6 scoring will get desperate and offer more once guys like Tatar and Tarasenko are off the board

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
If you think losing is fun, you will have LOTS of fun. I'm taking a different route this year and will be buying the NHL Center Ice. I will watch the teams I want to watch.

Wishing you all the very best for this upcoming season, as you won't be watching the Coyotes and therefore won't be posting on this forum for a year. ;)

Joking aside, I did not say that losing was fun but after 20+ years of pretty much losing, I am hoping that there might be a different season ahead where some of the players might want to make some games a bit more interesting than in the past. I am sure you knew what I meant anyway.

Key part: Bonsai, bring those beers (and more importantly congratulations on your wedding!)

Reactions: che

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I don’t see BA capitulating to Kessel just because he wants out. He’ll wait until he finds the right value for him. A forward who was on a 60 pt pace last year should bring more than a 3rd rounder, so if that’s the market right now, we should hold off.

Maybe teams that are still looking for top 6 scoring will get desperate and offer more once guys like Tatar and Tarasenko are off the board
I have a hard time believing the value is a 3rd rounder with retention…there’s just no way. A $3.4 million cap hit and what is it, $1 million actually salary player, that can score 20-25 goals. There’s way more value there than a 3rd rounder. I don’t know if Craig was just speculating when he said that or if it was based off anything he got from BA…seems way off the mark. Without retention no one but a cap floor team could take him on anyway.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

Can't waive him unless he waives his NMC. He doesn't want to end up in Buffalo.

plus does BA seem like the type to give a player away for free? Especially someone who is undoubtedly a hot commodity, even though teams may not want to pay a lot. I’m betting BA will get a pick for him sometime this year, offseason or not. It’s not like we are in desperate need to shed his cap

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Apparently NJ wants a top 6 winger…maybe they’ll miss Tarasenko and Tatar and come calling for Phil. Maybe he’d waive to go there, who knows? They have three 4th rounders next year…maybe Phil with max retention for their 2022 2nd and a 2022 4th?

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Kessel won’t be last wanting out. Players will quit on the Yotes. This will be the biggest challenge for our coach. This will be the most interesting aspect of our team will be if he can keep them engaged:)

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Kessel won’t be last wanting out. Players will quit on the Yotes. This will be the biggest challenge for our coach. This will be the most interesting aspect of our team will be if he can keep them engaged:)

Good, get rid of all of them. I'm sick of supporting and cheering for bitch ass players. Keller and Schmaltz are next.

Reactions: 0point1

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
The guy’s we’ve brought in shouldn’t quit on the team. That’s why we brought them in on one year contracts. Guys like dzingel, Ladd, Jaskin, Roussel etc. these are guys that know if they flop next season their careers in the nhl are done.

And if our core guys like Keller, schmaltz etc. give up on the team? Well, you know who’ll be part of next summer’s purge

rt

May 13, 2004
Would that be the ones attempting to establish themselves in the league or the ones fighting for one last chance?

rt

May 13, 2004
The guy’s we’ve brought in shouldn’t quit on the team. That’s why we brought them in on one year contracts. Guys like dzingel, Ladd, Jaskin, Roussel etc. these are guys that know if they flop next season their careers in the nhl are done.

And if our core guys like Keller, schmaltz etc. give up on the team? Well, you know who’ll be part of next summer’s purge
Exactly. And you know that Chychrun and Dvorak are made of sterner stuff than that. They’ll be on their big, new, long term deals and wearing As on their sweaters next season. In the NHL.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Exactly. And you know that Chychrun and Dvorak are made of sterner stuff than that. They’ll be on their big, new, long term deals and wearing As on their sweaters next season. In the NHL.
Like look at brassard and bunting. Both kinda had their last shot at sticking in nhl last season but at totally different ages. One folded and stopped putting in much effort down the stretch while the other rose to the occasion. Now one has a new contract and the other doesn’t.

Reactions: rt

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Wishing you all the very best for this upcoming season, as you won't be watching the Coyotes and therefore won't be posting on this forum for a year. ;)

Joking aside, I did not say that losing was fun but after 20+ years of pretty much losing, I am hoping that there might be a different season ahead where some of the players might want to make some games a bit more interesting than in the past. I am sure you knew what I meant anyway.

Key part: Bonsai, bring those beers (and more importantly congratulations on your wedding!)
Away games only.:)

Reactions: ParisSaintGermain

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bunting confirms he took less to play in Toronto.

We never had a chance.
What a dummie. He will never be a big money player, so go where the money is, but looking at our team I guess his chances of success would be a lot less than in TO. Phoenix could be like Edmonton or Winnipeg where no one wants to go and play. The time has come that either we start winning and act like a high level organization or keep on having a tough time getting good talent.

rt

May 13, 2004
At this point we should:

Trade Kessel for a 22 3rd rounder

Flip that pick plus korenar to rangers for Georgiev

Sign Ryan Murray and Nick Ritchie

Load the cannons and fill the tank with gas
I’m good with all of that. But I’m not pleased about leaving a center spot completely wide open and gift wrapped for a rookie. Drives me bonkers. They should have to take that job from someone.

Sounds like Cizikas back to NYI is a foregone conclusion at this point. I don’t know what else to do. Don’t really want to trade assets Kerfoot.

Bozak? I guess I want Bozak…

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As for players quitting on us - unlikely. They know that there will be tape on them so will play to show they deserve more TOI, a higher line, or more money.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Vegas looks like they are making a little room. I wonder if they'd do Carrier + R.Smith for Kessel@50% 4.6m for both.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Good point about the C depth rt.

Dvorak
Schmaltz
Larsson
Hayton
Jenik
Farinacci

Even if 1 of the 3 kids proves he's ready then we still have 0 injury replacements without disturbing the development of the other 2 kids.

Are we sure that Beagle will be on IR? Would be great if he could chip in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad