A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Good point about the C depth rt.

Dvorak
Schmaltz
Larsson
Hayton
Jenik
Farinacci

Even if 1 of the 3 kids proves he's ready then we still have 0 injury replacements without disturbing the development of the other 2 kids.

Are we sure that Beagle will be on IR? Would be great if he could chip in.
Need Bozak.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Looking at the numbers, the most passable 'bad' goalie that makes sense is still Koskinen. Oilers can LTIR Klefbom but they would still like more space. They may also like Kessel. Oilers already have Stalock and plenty of #3 goalies and would love to be rid of that $4.5m cap hit.

It's just a matter of Ken Holland actually working up the courage to trade an asset to do so.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
Looking at the numbers, the most passable 'bad' goalie that makes sense is still Koskinen. Oilers can LTIR Klefbom but they would still like more space. They may also like Kessel. Oilers already have Stalock and plenty of #3 goalies and would love to be rid of that $4.5m cap hit.

It's just a matter of Ken Holland actually working up the courage to trade an asset to do so.
Kessel and Korenar for Koskinen and Samorukov or Konovalov.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
What a dummie. He will never be a big money player, so go where the money is, but looking at our team I guess his chances of success would be a lot less than in TO. Phoenix could be like Edmonton or Winnipeg where no one wants to go and play. The time has come that either we start winning and act like a high level organization or keep on having a tough time getting good talent.
Look what Hyman did with that opportunity. It's not impossible to imagine Bunting cashing in by playing for less and going to the net.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I’d much rather go for Georgiev. 25 years old, hungry for a starting job and no team in the league can offer him more starts next season. Plus, he just might be good, which would give us something to actually maybe look forward to during games rather than wondering how bad koskinen will be. Part of rebuilding is the “building” part, and Georgiev could potentially be part of that, as his prime years would match up with our timeline

rt

May 13, 2004
I’d much rather go for Georgiev. 25 years old, hungry for a starting job and no team in the league can offer him more starts next season. Plus, he just might be good, which would give us something to actually maybe look forward to during games rather than wondering how bad koskinen will be. Part of rebuilding is the “building” part, and Georgiev could potentially be part of that, as his prime years would match up with our timeline
Then get Konovalov with Koskinen?

rt

May 13, 2004
Dubas was talking up the Kampf signing. Saying he’s been after him a while. Thinks he gives them flexibility. Mentioned they could possibly move Kerfoot to the wing. There are Kerfoot rumors.

Kerfoot is owed less than a million in cash. Wonder if Dubas would rather have Kessel on wing rather than Kerfoot. Would Kessel with max retention for Kerfoot make any sense for Toronto? I think it makes sense for Arizona.

rt

May 13, 2004
1. Kessel (50%) for Kerfoot(26)
2. NYI ‘22 2nd for Georgiev(25)
3. 3yrs 13mil to Ryan Murray(27)
4. 3yrs 11mil to Nick Ritchie(25)

Call it an off-season.

Ritchie-Dvorak-Keller
Dzingel-Schmaltz-Jaskin
Crouse-Kerfoot-Eriksson
Roussel-Larsson-Fischer
Ladd

Chychrun-Stralman
Murray-Timmins
Ghost-Lyubushkin

Georgiev
Hutton

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Need Bozak.
It's a sad state of affairs if you need a 35 yo center to be your #1 or #2 center. What about Marcus Johansson? I really don't see Beagle playing. Is anyone worth their salt available in a trade? Every year it's the same problem. I guess next year the problem will be solved.;)

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Watch this team wind up making the playoffs lol.

I wouldn't mind it. I imagine we're gonna have 8-9 picks in the first two rounds next year when it's all said and done. Wright or no Wright, let's just make sure we hit on the picks that we do make.
Obviously Wright is an absolute franchise-changer.... but there are so many absolute studs in this draft. Drafting in the Top 10 ensures a top tier prospect with a high ceiling.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
1. Kessel (50%) for Kerfoot(26)
2. NYI ‘22 2nd for Georgiev(25)
3. 3yrs 13mil to Ryan Murray(27)
4. 3yrs 11mil to Nick Ritchie(25)

Call it an off-season.

Ritchie-Dvorak-Keller
Dzingel-Schmaltz-Jaskin
Crouse-Kerfoot-Eriksson
Roussel-Larsson-Fischer
Ladd

Chychrun-Stralman
Murray-Timmins
Ghost-Lyubushkin

Georgiev
Hutton
That's getting somewhat respectable.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Part of rebuilding is “building” couldn’t agree more. Amazes me to read some of the implied ignorance of those “wanting” to be bad. I can only hope it’s implied, or I’ll lose even more faith in the intellect of this forum.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Watch this team wind up making the playoffs lol.

I wouldn't mind it. I imagine we're gonna have 8-9 picks in the first two rounds next year when it's all said and done. Wright or no Wright, let's just make sure we hit on the picks that we do make.
Indeed, we’ve already shown we can screw up on the best of picks. Let’s excel with what line up we have and make good on the pics we have.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If memory serves, Shanahan didn’t want Kessel in Toronto. Doubt that has changed.
After one year of evaluation Shanahan was Leader of group who retained for 7 years to get rid of Kessel.

rt

May 13, 2004
It's a sad state of affairs if you need a 35 yo center to be your #1 or #2 center. What about Marcus Johansson? I really don't see Beagle playing. Is anyone worth their salt available in a trade? Every year it's the same problem. I guess next year the problem will be solved.;)
MoJo doesn’t actually play much center. Pretty much full-time winger. Bozak isn’t ideal but BA seems to like 1yr deals.

Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->