Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

British yote

May 16, 2014
England
I’d be happy if we had a Larson line going against every teams top line. Then role out Keller-Dvo- schmaltz As a scoring line. Dvo needs to take the next step offensively he there defensively already. And if we can keep him he’d be the perfect two C

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Will Coyotes hang onto Kessel until the trade deadline? Assuming the new coach doesn't require the team to play a stifling defensive style, it might be wise to see if Kessel can flourish offensively and increase his trade value.

What is a reasonable return to expect if they want to trade him soon?

If they do trade Kessel is there any chance BA can persuade Tarasenko to come to AZ to be their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd offensive option and resurrect 1st round value at the deadline (they may have to retain some of Tarasenko's 2022 contract).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Will Coyotes hang onto Kessel until the trade deadline? Assuming the new coach doesn't require the team to play a stifling defensive style, it might be wise to see if Kessel can flourish offensively and increase his trade value.

If they do trade Kessel is there any chance BA can persuade Tarasenko to come to AZ to be their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd offensive option and resurrect 1st round value at the deadline (they may have to retain some of Tarasenko's 2022 contract).

Kessel + Tarasenko is almost $15m out of the cash budget. Not happening.

Craig Morgan is saying they'd take a 3rd for Kessel so I'm guessing the market just isn't there, especially if they aren't willing to use the last retention slot. Very few teams have the room or desire to take on a $6.8m player that's weak 5v5.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Kessel's G/82 was 29 last season. He's 28 on his career. His value can't get higher than that. And it seems like nobody wants him anyway.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
This is a make or break season for Hayton.
Never liked the pick, this is about how I expected his development to go.
Why can’t Arizona sports fans have anything nice...

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
This coming season won't likely be a winning one, no doubt. However it can still be a fun one somehow with the roster full of players with good reasons to perform and a new coach wanting to prove something.

A boring - waiting for the draft- season would be unacceptable.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
For Kessel to Vegas or Florida, neither team has the space to add him unless there’s retention. We would have to take back a contract, no?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This coming season won't likely be a winning one, no doubt. However it can still be a fun one somehow with the roster full of players with good reasons to perform and a new coach wanting to prove something.

A boring - waiting for the draft- season would be unacceptable.
If you think losing is fun, you will have LOTS of fun. I'm taking a different route this year and will be buying the NHL Center Ice. I will watch the teams I want to watch.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If you think losing is fun, you will have LOTS of fun. I'm taking a different route this year and will be buying the NHL Center Ice. I will watch the teams I want to watch.
I went a different route as well. Newly married and moved to Maricopa, I downgraded to the weekend half season tickets. Look me up if you get to a weekend game. I'd like to buy you a beer!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I went a different route as well. Newly married and moved to Maricopa, I downgraded to the weekend half season tickets. Look me up if you get to a weekend game. I'd like to buy you a beer!
A beer? Has to be plural or not interested.:laugh:

Reactions: Kaizen

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018

Will be watching Vancouver this year. We normally come to AZ for 2 weeks for hockey in March but shaking it up and going to Vancouver instead.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I think BA should probably just bite the bullet and move Kessel now even if it means using the last retention slot…I don’t think you want to be building a new culture with a new coach and having him lurking around being a sour puss, causing distractions and not buying in. If you can’t move Stralman at the deadline so be it, at least by adding the retention on Kessel it should add a little value to what we’re getting back. Probably the smarter play to just burn the retention slot now and be done with it…plus he might it open it up to more teams now rather than at the deadline when it could just be a few contenders he wants to go to…

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
His ask is probably high. He eats 18 minutes a night with good results and was making $4.6m. I guess they're just going to wait out the market for someone who has the space.

I'd do 3.75m x 3 for him no problem.
At this point I’m cool with overpaying him a bit. Just to be a completely quiet, steadying veteran presence you never notice out there as he’s keeping events low.

I also really want to overpay Casey Cizikas on a shorter deal if we can. Louder, meaner Johan Larsson.

I just really think we need to firm things up in the middle of the lineup. At center, LD, and in G.

Murray+Cizikas+Georgiev and I’m a happy man.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I think BA should probably just bite the bullet and move Kessel now even if it means using the last retention slot…I don’t think you want to be building a new culture with a new coach and having him lurking around being a sour puss, causing distractions and not buying in. If you can’t move Stralman at the deadline so be it, at least by adding the retention on Kessel it should add a little value to what we’re getting back. Probably the smarter play to just burn the retention slot now and be done with it…plus he might it open it up to more teams now rather than at the deadline when it could just be a few contenders he wants to go to…

100% agreed. Chances are we are burning that retention slot on him at the TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad