Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was looking at Boston's prospects and thought Daniel Vladar might be someone to chase, only to find that Calgary just picked him up for a 3rd. I would love for BA to find a trade like that. Youngish goalie who is a backup or ready for the NHL. We have lots of picks to throw at someone like that.
If I could go back and best the Vladar offer AND Vanecek offer and then just not sign Hutton, I absolutely would.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The only goalies I can think of who would be available for trade are Georgiev and one of the CBJ guys. I don't expect the CBJ guys to be cheap either.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Swayman is looking like a good young piece. Maybe we ask for him, send Veljmeka or Korenar back.

But really, I'd like to try and get Georgiev.
Totally on Georgiev, Russian goalies are ruling the world right now and Rangers have a lot of what the Coyotes would want in a Dvo trade. If they move Zibby they’ll need another C…Dvo fits, Georgiev could be part of the package.

rt

May 13, 2004
Totally on Georgiev, Russian goalies are ruling the world right now and Rangers have a lot of what the Coyotes would want in a Dvo trade. If they move Zibby they’ll need another C…Dvo fits, Georgiev could be part of the package.
Chytil, Georgiev, and one of Lundkvist or Schneider for Dvorak and a pick?

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I wouldn’t trade Keller. He has so many tools. Give him a chance with a good coach. Only way I would trade him is if you think the next two years will ruin him.

He has a huge ceiling

I think selling low on Keller is a bad idea. Yes he's overpaid, but he's still young. After moving OEL and later Kessel, it's not like we can't afford his contract.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think selling low on Keller is a bad idea. Yes he's overpaid, but he's still young. After moving OEL and later Kessel, it's not like we can't afford his contract.

It all depends on the return. If we get offered something incredible for Keller either one-to-one or bundled, you can't say no outright.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just one vry high first round draft pick in 22 or 23 and we can have ourselves a stellar rebuild. I would package Keller and the Colorado 1st and a 2nd for a high first, so I would keep Keller around for the season.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm with you. I also want to keep Dvorak. It sucks that we lost Garland. I hate it. But he was the little winger without the contract. So he was the odd-man out. Again, it doesn't make me happy, but I get it. His being gone doesn't make me suddenly any more interested in moving Dvorak or Keller, though. If anything, I'm less interested.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Well chayka said not to expect immediate results, but to wait 5 years, so we have to wait 2 more years...

If some of our draft picks and prospects pan out we could have a good team for the 23/24 season.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Vegas is capped out so I'm not sure how they add Kessel now?

Maybe Kessel max retained (3.4) for Reilly Smith (5) and a 2nd rounder? Then we can flip Smith for another pick at the deadline ...

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
1. Kessel (at 50%) to VGK for Smith, 2023 2nd
2. Korenar, 2023 3rd to NYR for Georgiev (prob need more here but NYR have little leverage)
3. RFAs: Timmins, ~1 mil
4. UFAs: Bozak (1 yr, 2.75), Murray (2 yrs, 3.5 per)
5. LTIR: Ladd, Beagle

Both Bozak and Murray join the list of pending UFAs as potential deadline deals. Still have roughly 7 mil cap space if LTIR is figured out correctly.

Eriksson - Schmaltz - Keller
Dzingel - Dvorak - Smith
Crouse - Bozak - Jaskin
Roussel - Larsson - Fischer
O'Brien

Chychrun - Stralman
Gostisbehere - Timmins
Murray - Lyubushkin
Capobianco

Georgiev
Hutton

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I wouldn’t trade Keller. He has so many tools. Give him a chance with a good coach. Only way I would trade him is if you think the next two years will ruin him.

He has a huge ceiling

Keller-Wright-Guenther

That's why you keep him haha. The kids we draft these next three years are going to need people to play with. His cap hit wont look bad when we have 50m to play with and will only look better with time and when the cap begins to increase. Just turned 23 so he fits better age wise with the next two groups of kids coming up.

Chytil, Georgiev, and one of Lundkvist or Schneider for Dvorak and a pick?

That's actually a package for Dvo where the quantity of stuff actually has enough value in quality as well. I hated my Boston proposal btw, just was bracing myself since it seemed like we were in discussions with them (probably was an add to OEL though).

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
1. Kessel (at 50%) to VGK for Smith, 2023 2nd
2. Korenar, 2023 3rd to NYR for Georgiev (prob need more here but NYR have little leverage)
3. RFAs: Timmins, ~1 mil
4. UFAs: Bozak (1 yr, 2.75), Murray (2 yrs, 3.5 per)
5. LTIR: Ladd, Beagle

Both Bozak and Murray join the list of pending UFAs as potential deadline deals. Still have roughly 7 mil cap space if LTIR is figured out correctly.

Eriksson - Schmaltz - Keller
Dzingel - Dvorak - Smith
Crouse - Bozak - Jaskin
Roussel - Larsson - Fischer
O'Brien

Chychrun - Stralman
Gostisbehere - Timmins
Murray - Lyubushkin
Capobianco

Georgiev
Hutton

I really like that Kessel move. That roster doesn't looks too bad to be honest. I'd probably put Jaskin up with Keller. If we can add a legit top 6 winger like Smith instead of someone like Ritchie I get less worried about having one of Jenik or Hayton in the mix, especially if we can grab another vet 4C type, so Bozak wouldn't feel as needed.

I'm also not convinced Ladd isn't playing. I saw a picture of him and his family decked out in Coyotes gear. I think he really hopes to be an impact player this year. Feels like he has a better shot to than Eriksson.

Reactions: Matias Maccete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad