Post-Game Talk: Cowabunga! 10 game winning Streak!

Player of the game

• Rempe

Votes: 79 66.9%
  • Shesty

Votes: 39 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I cannot believe that after a 10 game win streak I’m reading it’s not good shesty had to bail us out when shesterkin has literally not bailed us out all friggen year. It’s about time he win a few games for this team. It’s about time he be the best player on the ice for a few nights when we don’t have our best. Frankly I didn’t see many great Philly chances. Lot of shots not a ton of great quality but still. Fans saying this are out of their damn minds considering the amount of games he threw away this year.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Could you imagine if this actually were a bad hockey team, lol.

I think with myself following Anaheim and the Rangers I have a perspective of two different teams. One on the top and one on the bottom. So when I see folks complaining while on a 10 game winning streak, I am taken back by it. Obviously we cannot censor negativity but sometimes, it becomes trolling when it’s over the top.

Everyone has a right to criticize this team but I just feel it’s the wrong time to be bashing them. Are they perfect? Hell No, no one really is. But have to believe they have a chance for a deep run.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Way too many people on this board should be embarrassed for their takes after a 10 game win streak.

Rangers have the most points in the league right now and have the 2nd longest win streak of any team in the league this year. Its tied for the longest winning streak in franchise history and people are actually saying its luck and they suck. Oh its lucky that backhand didn't do in at the end of the game forgetting the Rangers hit 2 posts earlier in the game. Its always the Rangers played bad and not the other team played well and it was a hard fought win.

I am convinced a bunch of posters aren't even Ranger fans. Its fake accounts just to troll. They are more upset after a win, how weird is that?

Completely understand why so many people lurk and don't post or posters stop posting here as they are tired of the negativity. I read other teams boards often and they aren't like this one. Most fans would be giddy to have their team in the position that the Rangers are in right now.

Just to be clear not everyone who posts here is like this but there is way more than other teams threads. Oh and don't give me that crap its because the Ranges haven't won a cup in so long as plenty of other teams haven't won one in a longer time period or not at all.
I agree with you that some posters here are trolls using burnet accounts.
People have the right to voice their concerns even when the team is winning the alternative is if they didn’t and the team was to hit another rough patch then people would call them out saying “Why weren’t you posting this when they the Rangers were winning?”
Most likely we have more poster’s with decenting opinions is because we have more posters. Law of averages.
This is a forum. As long as people follow the rules they have the right to state what ever they want and you have the right to ignore or debate them.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Could you imagine if this actually were a bad hockey team, lol.
For me personally those rebuild years under DQ were great. Having low expectations and hope for the prospects was super low maintenance. Kind of like holding a lotto ticket in your wallet without checking to see if it’s a winner. It’s fun to have hope!

I’m also enjoying this season immensly though of course. Last year was one of the worst for me. Just boring win one lose one hockey with such a massive playoff choke.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think the supposed negativity in this thread has been exaggerated. It’s really not that many people, and their points are completely valid and frankly more interesting.

Like would you feel confident playing the Flyers in the playoffs after that performance?

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
For me personally those rebuild years under DQ were great. Having low expectations and hope for the prospects was super low maintenance. Kind of like holding a lotto ticket in your wallet without checking to see if it’s a winner. It’s fun to have hope!

I’m also enjoying this season immensly though of course. Last year was one of the worst for me. Just boring win one lose one hockey with such a massive playoff choke.

Last year was weird too because the team was mainly veterans. No real young player broke in to the team last year and the energy level, at times, seemed to sag. This year it’s a different story. Cuylle, Edstrom, Rempe.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I think the supposed negativity in this thread has been exaggerated. It’s really not that many people, and their points are completely valid and frankly more interesting than a circle jerk.

The people who make sweeping generalizations how everyone is so negative all the time, are only exposing themselves as the sunshine pumpers who never want to hear a single criticism of their favorites.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the supposed negativity in this thread has been exaggerated. It’s really not that many people, and their points are completely valid and frankly more interesting.

Like would you feel confident playing the Flyers in the playoffs after that performance?
I couldn't put up with 7 games of Laughton tire pumping.

It's bad enough hearing about how the garbage on my own team is good actually.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

It hasn’t been bad at all the last few games. That Chicago game? Woof. Lol.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Who in their right mind here said Rempe didn’t win that fight? Look at Deslauriers face. Cut on the nose, eye all swollen with a huge welt on his head. Rempe landed absolute bombs
Maybe Deslauries won a punch attempt number but they all were landing on Rempe’s shoulder with no harm.

Reactions: egelband

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
8gyd50.jpg
Gold

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
The people who make sweeping generalizations how everyone is so negative all the time, are only exposing themselves as the sunshine pumpers who never want to hear a single criticism of their favorites.
I also feel like the sunshine pumpers do mental gymnastics where they group the “Zibanejad is a weak vegan who gets pegged by his wife” type negativity in with the actual valid criticisms. I think it’s a homer protective mechanism

Reactions: mas0764

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

We are 2-0 against them. Do you seriously think the games would go like today in a 7 game series? The Flyers played as well as they can possibly play and still lost at home. We would win that series easily.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

I would. The Flyers are a desperate team knowing one bad week and they could be in trouble and it showed today. Yeah it's nice having a 9/10 game winning streak but the Rangers are not fighting for their playoff lives.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
And the negative nebobs who analyze every f***ing play in every f***ing game and complain because the team isn't perfect are the most annoying. This team isn't perfect, no team in this league is, but they just won 10 in a row, lead the league in points, and have been in 1st nearly the entire year. There is a lot to like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad